“Love their noodle bowls!”

Pho Queen Clearwater
Ranked #90 of 759 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided that since it was a chilly afternoon last Saturday that we needed some nice hot soup to warm us up. We pulled into the parking lot about 3:15 and we were pleasantly surprised to see so many cars! Apparently we weren’t the only ones with the same idea! I ordered the Pho’ chicken noodle bowl with rice noodles while my husband opted for a spicy beef noodle bowl. We ordered a pot of Jasmine tea to share. As always, our noodle bowls were full and delicious! They also bring a plate of fresh veggies to add to your soup as you desire. Nice fresh bean sprouts, some greens, and a few slices of fresh jalapeños. My husband was able to finish his bowl, but as it’s quite a large portion, I took about half of mine home to enjoy for lunch the next day. As always, the wait staff was friendly and very helpful with our choices. The patrons continued to come in, and the parking lot was still quite full when we left. They were doing a great business for a late Saturday afternoon! Please visit this little gem. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

We can't tell if the new year hangover was affecting this place or not. Service was fast and efficient but lacked any personality and friendliness. The food was average and the portions were tiny (though rice and plain noodles wee supplied in decent quantity to fill the plates and bowls). One dish which is served with "eggrolls" had tiny pieces of a roll about the thickness of a pencil and the total quantity merely fit into 1.5 tablespoons of area! The meat portion in the combo bowls barely would qualify as a portion, the total amount maybe equaling a child's burger at a fast food joint.

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Great taste, very inexpensive, quick but not friendly. But I really like their pho. Best pho around for sure.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

It's a 3.5 but TripAdvisor only lets us score a 3 or a 4. I really do not like posting reviews for family run restaurants that are not positive.

We visit Pho Queen a few times a year. It's not exactly around the corner.

On this visit we entered to find an older gentlemen in a white t-shirt who spoke little English who welcomed us. The sign said wait to be seated, since the greeter was busy we waited for another young man who seated us in a big room filled with diners.

The restaurant looks like a bar-b-que place with the typical asian artifacts nailed to the wall. It's a bit on the sloppy side.

We waited for a few, little longer than desired and a young lady asked for our drink orders. Shortly thereafter a young gentleman asked for our food orders. They could use professional training, I know it's a family run restaurant so it might not be possible.

There were a number of young kids (customers) running around and it was distracting. The young waiter was quickly moving food around to tables, a bit unpolished.

We ordered spring rolls. They were not worth ordering again. They were very greasy, tasted refried or twice fried and the meat was over cooked and dry.

I ordered the Pork Ban Mai which was VERY GOOD. It was everything I had hoped for. The bread was warm, plenty of vegetables and the pork flavorful. My wife ordered the Pho and she said hers was good.

We will return again when we are in the area. Not sure I would order the fried spring rolls again, but I might try it.

I hope the owners read this and find it constructive. It's a nice building, decent food, so with a little professionalism this family restaurant could become a favorite.

We will return.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We come here at least twice a month and we are always happy with the good food and good service!! The atmosphere is very nice as well!