“Great Place To Chill”

Ranked #24 of 789 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is our go to place on the beach. Servers and bartenders are super friendly and thorough. Diverse menu with enough seafood choices to please everyone. Not overpriced at all. It gets crowded because it is popular, so people complaining they had to wait for a table are whiners. The owner is a long time local who worked his ars off to have several restaurants in the area and his reputation is solid. The employees love him. When I think of going to the beach, I know I will end up here. Very casual, good music and good food. Drinks are perty good too!

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4,431)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We knew this restaurant gets very crowded by we went anyway dreading the long wait. Well, we were pleasantly surprised when we only waited 10 minutes, even though it was so crowded! I don't know how they do it. The tables turn over quickly. We sat inside, they also have outside seating. They are right on the beach so the view is great and we could see the sunset from inside with no problem. The service was quite fast and the food was absolutely delicious. Our waiter was nice and knowledgeable and the although the service was fast this was NOT fast food. Everything was so fresh. And even though the table turn quickly we did not feel rushed at all. We enjoyed our meal and the sunset and the prices were reasonable. I thought it would be more expensive. Overall a great night with the family and sunset!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Good tropical drink selection. Service was very good. Enjoyed a collection of appetizers. Coconut shrimp, crab Rangoon, crab garlic fries, and ceviche were all good choices. Ceviche was a little hot with the jalapeño for me, though my friend enjoyed the heat.

Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

We saw some great reviews and wanted to try it out!! Conch fritters app was great. I loved the stuffed grouper entree and my husband had a great salad!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Went on a Saturday night. I don't often give bad reviews. But...it was pretty crowded, seated in 30 minutes. Had the Four Kings meal, which was severly overcooked. The music was very loud. Service was good. I don't think I would return.

1  Thank TopDownTrips

Been to Frenchy's Rockaway Grill? Share your experiences!