“An enjoyable experience”

Price range: US$34 - US$49
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Yacht StarShip, America's First 3-diamond rated Dining Yacht by AAA, ranks in the top 28% of all restaurants. Our exquisite dining cruises offer private seating, tableside service, spectacular views and dancing under the stars. ​​ "Create a Sea of Memories" with group celebrations on the water as well! Weddings, Receptions, Corporate Outings, Holiday Parties, Convention Gatherings, Banquets, Galas, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Social Events, Birthdays, and Anniversaries. We are conveniently docked in Channelside in Downtown Tampa between the Florida Aquarium and the Tampa Bay Times Forum. Just minutes from the Tampa Convention Center, Ybor City, Tampa Riverwalk and Downtown Tampa Hotels!​ ​ With three yachts to choose from, Yacht StarShip is the perfect special event venue for groups from 2 - 600.
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

There was a dinner buffet with 3 entree options, a nice choice of sides and a very tasty desert. The service was friendly and good. The dining room was crowded and it was not an intimate atmosphere- so not romantic. The dance portion was a person playing music with no apparent theme and there was no one dancing.

The boat is comfortable but fairly basic.

I would definitely recommend this as a novel experience. A boat tour on the Inland Waterway watching a beautiful sunset on a warm Florida evening can only be a good experience. Enjoy this for what it is and you'll have a good time.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

This was a terrific cruise and the food was fabulous, almost all food was gluten free! Staff was friendly and accommodating. Would definitely do this again!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Went on this dinner cruise for the last evening of my visit to the Tampa Bay area. A picture is taken as you board and are seated at your reserved table. Price was $50 per person, not including cocktails or dessert, for a 2 hour cruise. Dinner was buffet style, including carved prime rib. The food was above average. Each of us (3 peope) had variety of our favorites and were well satisfied. After dinner, you can stay at your table or explore the upper deck, which had dancing and a view of a Gulf sunset. The DJ played a fabulous selection of oldies and contemporary music. Staff was attentive. Dress is resort casual, but more dressy than I expected. Tour staff called us to recommend we leave early for the cruise because of spring break traffic. Nice touch. Yes, I would do it again!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

I received a gift card 2 years ago and could not use it as I had cancer and was undergoing treatment. I called and the manager there told me I could use it anytime just to call back when treatment done,, there was no expiry. Now after 2 chemo sessions, 1 radiation I was allowed to return to Florida. Now, when I call to book my reservation they tell me they will not honor my gift card....are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not that I decided not to use it...omg I had cancer 3 times.
How cruel and not very professional.......and they get to keep my $100.00 for the initial cost of the gift card.

3  Thank cathmac3730
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We took our daughter and son-in-law on this cruise. The price was extremely reasonable considering the menu and the quality of food served; it was buffet style which we do not prefer but for this occasion it was just fine. For bigger eaters, you can replenish your plate as many times as you want as long as the buffet is still available. They did not rush anyone. There is dancing and a DJ and it is really quite fun. The price was all inclusive except for alcoholic beverages and regular beverages and the gratuity for those extra items. The service was excellent; very attentive but not intrusive. The tables are a little close together but not overly so; having tables close together is understandable considering that they need to seat as many as comfortably possible in order to make it profitable. Even 5 Star restaurants have tables quite close together. I highly recommend experiencing this dinner cruise.

1  Thank JacqueJ-C