“Fun bar w/ good seafood”

Frenchy's South Beach Cafe
Ranked #58 of 789 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Had passed by many times in past visits but never stopped. Finally decided this trip was the time to get some grouper since they're well known for it. Upgraded to the bigger piece for just a couple bucks more and well worth it. Good grouper and big piece with the upgrade. Nice outside seating and nice smaller bar inside as well that was so much fun i stopped at night on my way back to the hotel for drinks. Service was good and nice atmosphere. Does get crowded but we were able to get tables.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

My family and I went on vacation and we stopped at this restaurant and we were very impressed. Our waiter, Morgan, was incredible. He was very attentive to our needs, helpful, and extremely curteous. The manager, Joshua was very kind and helpful as well. I highly recommend Frenchy’s if you are visiting the area. You do not want to miss the oppurtunity. I guarantee that you will have a great time. I cannot wait to go again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018

The food was ok, but our server wasn't very good. He couldn't get my order right, was slow to respond. At one point, I has to go to the bar and get a straw for my 5 year old. I got the grouper sandwich, and it was very good. My wife got a salad, and you can tell this is not their specialty.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018

I should have known not to order the lobster roll when the waiter asked where I was from. When I said Colorado, he said, oh, okay, then you will probably like it. What, people from Colorado have no taste buds? It was the worst lobster roll I have ever had. It looked like tuna fish with some red dye mixed in. My husband ordered the almond encrusted grouper with coleslaw and vegetable of the day. The grouper was good; the vegetables looked like they had been cooked within an inch of their life - mushy broccoli and cauliflower. I don't know how the chef ((I use that term loosely) could send it out like that. Would never eat here again. Must better options all the way around.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Stoped in for drinks and a stamp on the passport challenge. Freddy (I believe that was his name) was very nice and kept the hole bar going.
We had already eaten at the other location but the couple next to us was ordering. I recommend they get the fry’s as they are out of this world. They got them and loved them just as we did. It’s worth the trip. The rum runner was good but the other locations were better on the beach side.

Date of visit: September 2018