“Great Place for Special Occasions and for the Adventurous Foodie”
Review of Cuvee 103 Bistro - CLOSED

Cuvee 103 Bistro
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cuvée 103 Fine Dining offers a fresh food concept at reasonable prices, paired with a wine list that offers a selection of 130 different selections of wines by the bottle, and a choice of 30 by the glass. We also feature live music Friday & Saturdays.
Reviewed October 16, 2017

This intimate little bistro is hidden in a small strip mall at the corner of Enterprise & McMullen Booth Road just at the edge of Safety Harbor. It is well worth finding it to enjoy their ever changing menu offerings. I would describe the cuisine as Food for the Adventurous Foodie. Both appetizers and entrees combine uncommon ingredients in creative ways. The food is a combination of visual attractiveness and interesting and surprising flavor and texture. We have dined here twice, the first time back in February on Super Bowl Sunday, which we also considered as an early Valentine's Day dinner to avoid the crowds. We had the whole place to ourselves - very romantic! The owner and his wife took excellent care of us. The Lobster Potstickers appetizer were stunningly plated with a bright yellow sauce. There were 4 potstickers to share, but they were so delicious I could have eaten more of them. Entrees were the special that evening - huge servings of risotto - his topped with grilled shrimp and mine with grilled scallops. This past weekend we came to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. When I looked at the event's menu online, I didn't really see anything I thought I'd like, but I was so wrong. With no specials offered that night, I selected the Duck Confit Eggrolls ($11) and my hubby had the Carrot Ginger Soup with Coconut, Honey & Scallop Heart of Palm Salad ($7). The eggrolls were crispy and packed with shredded duck meat. The Tamarind-Lime dipping sauce was a perfect match. The accompanying Green Papaya Salad was more of a slaw and the cilantro was a bit overwhelming. Entrees - my hubby had the Stuffed Chicken Breast ($21) stuffed with Spinach, Goat Cheese & Sun Dried Tomatoes with Roasted Butternut Squash, Grilled Red Onion and Pickled Golden Raisins. I make a variation of this at home, but he was satisfied with their version. I kept the duck theme going with the Burnt Orange-Miso Glazed Half Duck ($28) with buttered Sushi Rice, Black Vinegar Bok Choy, Kabocha Squash Butter and Candied Ginger. My first bite was of the Kabocha Squash puree with some of the sauce. OMG! Every bite of this dish tasted amazing. The glaze is as far removed from the take-out Chinese restaurant variety as can be - delightfully just sticky enough, not sweet and creates a craving for the taste of it.
Just my opinion, but their only weak spot may be dessert. Both times we dined, what was on the menu did not intrigue nor revel the great taste & innovation of their appetizers and entrees. We shared a simple Creme Brulee with a small garnish of liquor (kirsch?) soaked cherries on top. (The other desserts were a chocolate mousse cake and Salted Caramel topped NY cheesecake.) What would I like to see? Special little offerings that make one want to get dessert - Perhaps small batch house made ice cream or gelato in interesting seasonal flavors, a grilled pound cake brushed with a liquor with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, an tiny exquisite delicate pastry or homemade cookies. Special desserts might draw people in to stop here later in the evening for a little treat and coffee. Just an idea, but it won't keep me from dining here again.

1  Thank directorfantasies
Cuvee103, Owner at Cuvee 103 Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank You!

Reviewed October 10, 2017

We shared the grilled shrimp Nicoise, fried oyster, side pork grits and filet mignon entrée last Friday. Everything was gourmet and excellent. I think Craig was our waiter and the service was exceptional. This was at least our 3rd visit in as many months and we'll be back. Wonderful wine bar atmosphere. Our previous waiter recognized us and welcomed us back. "Everybody doesn't know our name......yet"

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff and excellent food! Will be back again! Highly recommend the filet center cut steak. Delicious!

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

I wanted everyone to know what a wonderful place this restaurant is. Food- delicious, service- fantastic, bad diners- 1. It was our second time there and I'm still very impressed with the place, the food couldn't be better. The one bad point had nothing to do with the restaurant but a very bad diner at another table and by bad I mean rude. I've worked in the restaurant industry and know how one person can make your day or night hell but you suck it up and keep on smiling. The waiter and also the owner acted much better than I would have and it showed how professional they were. The lady at the other table was just plain nasty but they sailed through with flying colors. She might be dissatisfied, but then again nothing could satisfy her. I though will be back.

2  Thank 731karene
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Immediately we noticed the Service and Musician right when we walked in, with no reservation, to be fantastic. We were greeted with an accommodating smile and sat immediately listening to live Jazz. Smaller and cozy atmosphere with strong attention to detail, from the lit candle, silverware and cleanliness! As it turned out, this is a Family owned business where the owners personally greet you. Ordered a filet-mignon and Chilean sea bass that was cooked perfectly! A WOW experience and this will be our new "go to" restaurant for a relaxing and enjoyable evening. * strongly recommend making a reservation if you can *

2  Thank Mike S