1,010 results
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtacross the streetfree breakfastnice poolbusch gardenswi figulf view roombeachkathykitchenettewalmart
Reviewed April 2, 2017

My wife and I gave this place a try because it was close to the Philadelphia Phillies spring training complex. We entered our room to find the refrigerator was not working. The cause was the freezer needed to be thawed out. We resolved that problem ourselves. Other problems included no tables or desks, and one chair. There was no telephone or luggage rack. The bathroom sink stopper was rusted open and the sink had rust and was chipped. The same for the bathtub. On the positive side, the entire room was recently painted with new carpeting, furniture, air conditioner, mattress, shower head, shower curtain, large screen TV with Direct TV, and a safe.The walls were bare. A few pictures or something would help dress it up. Also, the door lock was new. The type that accepts a plastic card. The pool was very nice except the 2 areas that had wooden decks. The boards were loose or coming up. Need to be updated. The whole exterior of this place needs to be repaired and painted. The palm trees needs trimming badly! We also had problems with noise from some of the Phillies players that were also staying there. Had no respect for other guests, but I don't think management cared because they filled otherwise empty rooms. One bright spot was our housekeeping person. They left daily some type of creature made out of the towels. One day we had a turtle. Management should be made aware of this person. I'm sorry to say we will be staying elsewhere next March.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
MagnusonClearwater, Public Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

I am truly sorry for the problems that occurred while staying with us. We are a older hotel but work very hard at keeping it up and keeping are customers happy. We have just painted inside and out. New furniture however the desk and chairs have not yet arrived (again I apologize).We have purchased new lighting for the outside of the building. We are adding a lot on also so we do hope you will give us another chance. We also thank you for the review and will look into all your concerns.
Dayna

Reviewed April 1, 2017

I arrived in Clearwater with no idea where I would stay. I had an app called hotels tonight and I saw the Magnuson on it, so I stopped. Turned out to be the wrong location, but I stayed anyway. Yes, this is an older facility. Yes, the elevator could use some elbow grease. But, my room was clean, I had great water pressure, the room was very large, there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room and the pool was great! And the location can't be beat. I recommend trying them. Kathy was so nice and friendly. For being right across the street from the beach AND having a view of the ocean from my 3rd floor room, the price can't be beat. I will definitely go back. I do wish the owners would realize what a gem they have. With a small investment in some minor upgrades, this could really do a lot. And I hope the owners realize how lucky they are to have Kathy. She really went out of her way to make my stay more enjoyable! Give her a raise!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank bgraham0515
hotel421, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Thank you for the kind review, Please thinhk for us next time. Magnuson Hotel

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is older although it looks like they have made many improvements. The beds were comfortable and the inside of the room met basic needs. The continental breakfast was sufficient. Staff was very helpful with our questions about the area. Housekeeping staff very helpful as well. If you are looking for a place to stay for a reasonable price this would be it. The property also suggested we leave our car there and walk to Spectrum field. This saved us from having to pay the $10 parking fee.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
MagnusonClearwater, Public Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

"M"
Thank you for the review! We hope you come back soon.
Dayna

Reviewed March 30, 2017

My wife still has not recovered from the bug bites she suffered from sleeping in this execrable room. That was just the most horrible aspect. There was more: 1) The door handle was broken. 2) no suitcase stand 3) no tissues 4) faulty A/C 5) the room smelled bad 6) no desk or chair for a computer 7) lame breakfast 8) only one light 9) room key did not work 10) sagging beds so that both of us had back aches 11) no clock 12) the bathtub did not drain so that we were ankle deep in water 13) Noisy spring break jerks yelled all night. We gave the front desk a list of these complaints, but no one ever responded. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MISERABLE HOTEL!!!!!! You'd get better accommodations at Alcatraz.

Room Tip: The whole place is awful.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2017

We stayed at kissimee and wanted to go to Clearwater beach and stop over to make a day of it.
Hotel was very poor. When either ebtering or exiting the room door slammed so hard and quick that it would take a childs hand off. after it slammed shut I was the only member of the family who could open it and I had to put my shoulder into it. Fire hazard.
Wall light was hanging off with exposed wires. Hairdryer in room caught fire and sparked.
Brown water out of taps.
Asked for refund and travelled back on same day.
Managers response was "we normally have old guests and they are less likely to complain"
AVOID

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
hotel421, Front Office Manager at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Good day,
We are sorry you experienced these issues during your stay. These issues will be looked into right away. Our guest experience is very important to us so we will be taking care of these issues right away. We do hope you give us another try if you visit Clearwater Beach again.
Regards