US$175
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$257
US$249
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$80
Book now, pay at stay
US$218
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$62
US$300
US$199
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

1,002 results
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtacross the streetfree breakfastfridge and microwavenice poolbusch gardenswi figulf view roomtravelodgebeachkathywalmartgrill
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

This is our third time to visit Clearwater and stay in this hotel. It's so nice and feel relax. And this year, my room got upgraded when I did reservation with Ms. Katie. I'm so happy to see my room view to the beach and bigger. I love it and so do my family. Nothing change like last year. My kids love to play in the pool. And everyone so nice when I checked in. I'll definitely be back next year.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank susi23
hotel421, Front Office Manager at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Good day
Thank you for your review and so kind words. its always a pleasure seeing your family. See you again soon.
Take care
Kathy

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Overall: regardless of the name, this is a motel, not a hotel. Great for the price. (I paid $50 a night from hotwire)
Pros:
Great location-close to any kind of food you could want. 15 minutes from Clearwater beach. Next to highway to get to Tampa easily.
Staff-very nice. Some reviews said otherwise, but I think they just don't understand culture. Just because there is an accent, doesn't mean they are being rude.
Pool- plenty of chairs (some ripped), and clean area.
Shower- large shower head and good pressure.
Appliances-mini refrigerator and microwave (did not expect it. So it was a nice surprise)
A/C- doesn't get extremely cold even when on lowest temp. (Didn't bother me because I usually had it off unless my friend came over)
Free breakfast- I didn't go to because I don't eat breakfast but heard it was good. Plus right next to a good breakfast restaurant.
Parking- was able to park right in front of my room and free.
Direct tv- I knew the channels! Woo

Cons:
Rooms-needs major updating. Door was broken and had tape holding it together and so many large gaps (bad for insulation and bugs). Carpets are yucky. And had a mildewy smell.
Bugs-a lot of little bugs(as small as ants, but not ants) climbing the walls and flying bugs getting in through the poorly covered door. I knocked over an empty cup that originally had soda while I was sleeping. The next morning it was covered in those bugs. But hey, this is Florida. If you can't deal with some bugs, don't go?
Housekeeping- very friendly and did decent job except for the vacuuming. They might need a new vacuum. Still saw my own hair on the bathroom floor after they just cleaned.
(There is a sign that says hanged towels are to be reused, and towels on the floor are to be replaced to save water. I had towels hanging, and they got replaced. I don't know if this is a pro or con)
Wifi- although free, it was subpar. Didn't like my phone, but it was okay with my laptop. But hey, it's free.
Bed- personal preference, I don't like hard beds. I couldn't sleep on my sides without losing circulation to my legs and my back got sore. My friend liked the bed though. Some of the pillows were very dirty, the cover wasn't, but the actual pillow was.

Other non-hotel faults-the roads are so uneven. Hurt my car.
Neighbors can suck, mine did business at 3am with someone banging on the door and yelling. (Bring earplugs)
Traffic sucks during rush hour times & rude drivers.
Clearwater Beach water was colder and not as pretty as expecting.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
MagnusonClearwater, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Thank you taking time to write a detailed review. We are checking in to all your concerns right a way for instants we order new strips for the doors are going to install new windows. We also ordered new carpet for carpeted rooms. The girls in housekeeping got new sweepers and mops, also flashlights.
Thank you again, we hope you come back soon.
Dayna

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

We had to switch rooms because our room was so disgusting!! Our new room was cleaner, but still gross. Staff wasn't friendly or helpful and refused to give us any kind of discount. Everything that could go wrong did!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
MagnusonClearwater, Public Relations Manager at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

I am sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel. I do wish I had more info so I know what to look for. I thank you for the review, and I will be looking out.
We hope you give us another chance.
Dayna

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Excellent location but the hotel is a bit tired and worn. Our room was clean, neat and spacious. Breakfast was basic to an extreme. The front desk was friendly. They charged for parking because we booked the reservation online.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2017

Not sure what rooms these others had with all the problems. We stayed pool view 3rd floor for 8 nights this past week and it was clean and an awesome view of pool and ocean. Kathy was always very helpful along with the maintenance guys they were everywhere and also very helpful. It was very quiet and we heard no noise when sleeping. there were college age kids to elder people staying there. The pool was perfect and well kept and no loud or out of control people during our entire stay. This is not the Opal across the street nor are you paying the price of it. Based on price it is a perfect stay and great location. One concern with was A/C units had to be kept low to keep cool so they might be getting a little tired but since they did work we did not say anything. The laundry was out of order also so we had to go elsewhere to do our laundry.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor pool view from 304 to 307 offer you great pool and ocean views
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family