“BEST BEACH IN FLORIDA”

Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I had a 3 night stay at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. The beach is great with powdery white sand and gentle waves. We called the hotel directly and booked with a goverment rate and got the hotel for half of what was advertised with all the hotel booking websites. We had an ocean view and enjoyed the balcony. We couldnt hear the ocean waves, and did hear traffic noise when sitting out there, but it wasn't anything to really complain about. We did self park and one night had to search for a spot, but eventually was able to find one. The staff was very helpful with pointing out restaurant recommendations. Loved the Frenchy's just a short walk down the beach. There was a refrigerator in our room which was great. There was two pools and we did use one of them, but the chlorine was so strong, it actually faded our suits with just a couple minute dip. There was a pool girl taking drink orders which also was a plus. There is a tiki bar on the beach, but we did not visit. I would recommend this hotel because of it being directly on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SUN-SNOWLOVER
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for posting a review and for being our guest. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel has an awesome location, walking distance to shops & restaurants. We obtained a very good rate due to attending a conference at the hotel. However, I would never pay the published rate on this facility. The carpets are worn, furnishings dated, beds uncomfortable, bathrooms moldy. Several electrical plugs in the room and bath did not work either. Bottom line, if you can get a good rate, it's fine for a short beach weekend. You're likely to spend more time outside the room anyway.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jaime H
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Your review and feedback is much appreciated. Our executive team has been notified of your issues. Please would you contact me with your room number so we may further investigate your issues. andrea.trimmer@hilton.com

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife and I just returned from an overnight stay at the Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort and overall we were pleased with the trip. The Hotel is located right on the beach and has its own stretch of private beach. Upon arrival you can either self park (Approx $7.00/night) or valet park (Approx $14.00/night). If you're just doing a brief visit, then I'd recommend valet parking. From the ground entrance you have to to take the elevator one floor up to get to the main lobby. Check-in was a a decent process. We'd arrived early and our room wasn't ready. However we were able to get into another room that was. The young lady at the front desk was very pleasant and she reviewed all aspects of our visit. Our room on the 4th floor had 2 double beds and a balcony with a combined city/ocean view. The room was clean and the water pressure was top notch. After check out the room we headed out to the pool bar to have lunch. The staff was attentive. The food was good but a bit pricey. Then again if you're staying on the Hilton property to eat, you can expect to pay a bit more than you normally would for the same thing outside. After lunch we headed to the hotels private beach. You can rent either a Cabana or Umbrella with chairs for the day. If you're going to get a Cabana, plan on waking up early as they go fast. We rented an umbrella and 2 chairs for the day which ran us $27.00. The staff came out and set up the area for us. The beach was very nice and clean. There is a bar right on the sand along with staff members driving around with a mobile bar. You can also order food from the pool restarant and have it brought out to the beach. We left the hotel for dinner so can't really comment on that. We did have room service for dessert though. It took about 20 minutes between ordering and a knock on the door. It was basic room service. Expensive but convenient if you don't feel like leaving your room again. We had the breakfast buffet at the hotels restarant in the morning prior to leaving. Breakfast was complimentary (due to our hilton honors membership). Their breakfast buffet is very extensive. You name it, they've got it. If you have to pay, I believe it may run $9.95 for breakfast. All in all we'd stay there again. The area is very nice to just walk around and browse. There's also a pier that you can go out on into the ocean. At night there are a lot of people along with vendor selling their personal knick knacks. If you want to go all the way out to the end of the pier it's 50 cents per person and more if you plan on heading out to fish. Nice hotel. Great Trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the hotel's "preferred side." The front desk staff will know what i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gents24

We do appreciate your gracious comments. Thank you for being our guests and for posting your review. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is a great hotel with a great beach and tiki bar. The service was outstanding. The layout of the hotel is not the normal layout but is very open and airy and adds to the tropical feel. The city is also updating the area around the hotel with new shops, bars and restaurants: just keeps getting better. My buddy stayed with his family and enjoyed the beach and pool. The pool and lobby bars are great if you're a single or a couple. The rooms are very nice, most have balconies and the sliding door on the bathrooms is a nice touch. Definitely a good place for a repeat visit (I have stayed there many times). Incidentally, they do have meeting space and the hotel would make a great place for a seminar or sales meeting: no one would skip that meeting!

Room Tip: Look for the split view rooms: they don't look directly onto the beach, but they do have a view...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scooterc1

Your comments are greatly appreciated, thank you for being our guest. We are looking forward to your returning to the Hilton Clearwater Beach.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We went here for a new year weekend getaway with our infant daughter. While the hotel has the potential to be a grand holiday destination, there are just a few things that keep it from getting there.

Pros:
1. Location on the beach. Unbeatable.
2. Availability of Cabanas and beach chairs
3. Very nice pool that's open late. The temperature is maintained 'just right' and our infant loved it. Very little chlorine smell too.
4. Good breakfast selection. We got it complimentary being Gold members so I'm not sure how much it costs.
5. Nice view of the gulf, with a balcony.

Cons:
1. There should be more access points to the beach. It was an unnecessarily long walk around the fence.
2. The double room was disappointingly small. The bathroom was small too, but I don't care too much about that.
3. Housekeeping staff spoiled my wife's day by giving her an exaggerated scowl with no acknowledgement when she asked them if they could come back later since we were just getting ready for the beach.
4. Rooms in the front of the hotel have a long walk wherever you need to go: breakfast, pool, beach, etc.
5. We asked for a crib when reserving the room, and called and confirmed again the morning of checking in. But it was not there when we got to the room.
6. We called to ask for extra towels but never got them. I understand everyone was overworked because a local high school team had suddenly booked up a large percentage of the rooms.
7. During most of our stay, the walk from the room to the elevator (which was a long walk) was littered with housekeeping bags, bunched up used towels and unmanned trolleys. Not exactly what you would expect from a Hilton property.
8. The whole facility seemed a bit dated.

Overall, this is great for a family trip if you get it at a good price. Not really a romantic getaway kind of place.

Room Tip: Gulf view rooms have a longer walk to the beach and pool
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank riggedveda
tripper059, Executive ASSISTANT at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for posting your review .Your comments and feedback are much appreciated. Both pros and cons have been sent to the appropriate department manager for reviw as well as our EC team.

Sincerely

Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

I thought people were just being picky with the bad reviews because there were so many great ones.
Well I was mistaken. First room tiny with two double beds, no way my 6ft + husband & I would fit in one bed , kids would have been ok in the other. So asked to move - no problem . Next room we put up with for 3 nights with no sleep as on 4th floor with industrial air-con units10ft away from our balcony. The smell of fish from the restaurant was dreadful as it was obviouse there air con was here as well. When you pay $6500 that room should not even be given out!
This room is nice, overlooking the car park and Clearwater beach - one king bed which is very comfy and clean and two roll away beds for the kids. I did however have to ask for duvets to be placed on their mattresses as the springs are coming through !! Not good as some poor kids would have to put up with this if parents didn't check.
House keeping in our old room conned me into leaving a daily tip because she said she was rotating and wouldn't be cleaning our room again when I explained I was going to tip at the end of the holiday- only to be there the very next day cleaning our room!
This room I put a tip and wrapped a note saying house keeping thank you. Next day I didn't have enought small notes for a tip and left my coins in a pile - not with a note and not where I left the tip the last two days and when we came back it had gone!!!! Obviously she thought it was hers.
The hotel towel service is a joke- anyone who parks their car in Hilton can walk through the hotel ask for a towel no room card shown and they can then hire the cabanas and chairs -not fair on guest who don't get there quick enough - onece they have all gone that's it!
Anyway would def not return to this hotel- one staff member on reception dark hair and no uniform - was exceptional , but that was it. Tiki bar staff are lovely as well and food from beach bar is quite nice.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank TRDSKent
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I have been going to Clearwater for the last 3 years and every time we visit we stay somewhere different. In the past we have stayed at the upscale location to the north and the neighboring resort to the south, this trip brought us to the Hilton. I am very torn on the overall rating of this property based on a few different factors. I knew exactly where the hotel was located so that was not a surprise. The hotel is located on the beach and conveniently located to a variety of restaurants in the area. I do not really consider this a huge plus because almost everything on Clearwater Beach is pretty much within walking distance. I thought the two pools were nice as it separated the families with kids from those without children. At any given trip to the pool I always found an open chair for us. I have read a lot of reviews which considered the hotel outdated and I would have to disagree. It was not an amazing upscale hotel but it certainly is not dingy. The bathrooms are small but the room size was average.

So the reason I rated this place poorly was due to the fact that both myself and my husband literally could not get comfortable enough to fall asleep in the beds and flimsy pillows until at least 6 am every single night/morning. I think the constant tossing and turning is what finally tired us out enough to put us to sleep. By the time we would fall asleep we were woken on two of the mornings by a crying child in the room above us! On the other days we were woken by loud noises in other rooms surrounding us and slamming doors outside of our room. On one night we decide to get a bottle of wine that we thought we would enjoy on our 7th floor balcony and we opted to "enjoy" it in the room because we could not hear ourselves talking over the rumble of the air conditioners on the roof. I could get over the unsightly view of the roof and partial view of the gulf but I absolutely thought it was ridiculous that I could not enjoy the balcony because I could not carry on a conversation. I realize that they cannot change anything structurally in the building, the design is what it is but it is horribly inconvenient. Self parking was $7 bucks a day which is not horrible by any means. On one of the nights their parking lot was full and the hotel employee/valet told us that there was nothing that she could do with our car. We asked what we should do and she said I don't know they are all filled by guests. So basically not all of your guests have a place to put their car?? As we were ready to pull out of the lot another valet guy came over and said if you think you know how to park you can park on these double lines. What a joke! Conveniently the lot emptied some after the movie in the park next to the Hilton let out. The first lot is accessible to anybody so I have a real hard time believing the lot was filled up by only guests. Almost all of the lanes in the non restricted lot go to a dead end so you have to back down the lane to try another lane. Another car story, on our last morning there we were woken up by the front desk calling us to tell us that we had to move our car out of a designated spot because they needed to do something over our car in the lot. At that time we just packed our things and eagerly left. As I mentioned this place is not all bad but the paper thin walls and pillows, uncomfortable beds and inability to enjoy the balcony have me staying away from this place for good. It is worth spending the extra money for something a little more upscale.

Room Tip: Bring your own bed and pillow!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple