“Thanks Michelle!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Clearwater Beach

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Clearwater Beach
Ranked #25 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
Fairway, Kansas
“Thanks Michelle!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I booked my room several months out and took advantage of their pre-paid rate of $190 per night. However, when I got there, Michelle at the front desk, upgraded us to a preferred room due to the fact that my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary on this trip. Even though the hotel was over sold, Michelle went out of her way to check us in early and upgrade us to a room with a fantastic view! The staff was exceptionally nice and accommodating.

I have to say that the food was way overpriced, but what do you expect. The breakfast buffet was worth the $20 per person for the wide selection to choose from. However, the hotel's main restaurant had a very limited selection. I wife, who is a vegetarian, had to order the mac n cheese for $20! Parking was never a problem and the location couldn't be beat.

The only draw back was trying to get housekeeping to clean our room prior to 4 o'clock each day. This was a problem because we were traveling with our 2 year old daughter who went down for a nap after lunch. I put a request in each morning to request we have the room cleaned by 1pm while we were at the beach. I realize that we were just 1 room among hundreds, but I would have liked to have seen better effort since they were cleaning rooms just doors from ours.

One other thing of note, our A/C unit was leaking condensation so bad that it continuously created puddles on our balcony. For the money this is a nice hotel. However, next time, I am going to try staying at the Sand Pearl Resort. It's a bit pricier but the location is just as nice. There are several places to shop and eat within walking distance of everything.

Room Tip: Go for the room located above the 7th floor and facing South. They're the best views of the Mar...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Caneruler
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you for posting your review, and for being our guests. Your comments per Michel have been sent along, as well as other comments to our Executive team.

Andrea Trimmer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (777)
  • Serbian first
Oxford, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Location of hotel is great, and staff very friendly. Would have given higher scoring if prices for drinks etc weren't so high. Had to pay extra for umbrella & deck chair rental on top of room rate. We stayed a couple of nights at tradewinds grand resort in st petes, where facilities were head and shoulders above the Hilton and room rate less with the beach item included.

I would recommend if staying in Clearwater again, but just overall average.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jthomson
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed here with my family for 1 night in May, Checked in by 'Supervisor' who was almost friendly in a patronising way, unlike the gentleman checking in a couple next to us who was genuinely helpful and smiling. When I asked for info and pricing re: beach cabanas the reply was 'I don't know' and as we were walking away got handed a leaflet with prices. So the front desk supervisor doesn't know this info..... Really!! Well sorry we bothered you by checking in!

The room was ok apart from having the air con unit in the room!!!! I have NEVER seen that before but we heard it all night ! The only saving grace for this hotel is the location.

I guess when we return next year we will stay at the Sandpearl!

Room Tip: We had Dinner at the Clear Sky Cafe opp the Sandpearl, great service, great food and Live music!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sam_Marques
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Our apologies you were disappointed during your recent stay. Your comments have been forwarded to our Executive Team. Thank you for being our guest.

South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for a week in May. You just can't beat the loacation. You walk-out the hotel...right into the white sandy beach. They have a Tiki bar right on the beach to keep you hydrated with your favorit beverage. It's also right next to Pier 60. You can walk to many restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly, always asking how we were doing. The Valet attendants were especially helpfull with maps, directions, advice, etc. Room view was amazing...overlooking the Gulf & Pier 60. I would recommend asking for a room facing South. Small balcony, but great for two people to relax on. If you're going to spend time on the beach, you're probably going to want to rent the umbrella & chairs. One day is about $27, or you can get a package for several days a little cheaper.....well worth the money. Parking is $7/day. You can eat breakfast, lunch or dinner outside, overlooking the beach...pretty goof food, too.
The sunsets were a real treat. It seemed like the sun sets directly in front of the Hilton.

You can obviously stay at less expensive places, however, in this case...you get what you pay for. You won't be dissappointed....we had a great time...can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Partial Gulf View on the South Side. It gives you a great view of the Gulf, Pier 60, the pool &...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johnnnyB
Thank you for your comments and feedback of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Clearwater Beach. We sincerely appreciate you being our guest. Looking forward to having you back with us again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We just returned from a 4 night stay and wish we could have stayed longer. I travel a lot (too much if you ask my wife) and stay in the Hilton family 95% of the time so I rack up lot of HHonors pts. and this place was a great reward to my wife and me. We were put up on the 8th floor, HHonors floor, the 1st night. The room was nice and clean and had a little surprise waiting (Thanks Andrea). The bed was so comfortable and it was one of the best nights sleep I had in a while, there was an issue with some young guests that were in the room next to ours (nothing major they were just having a loud good time) and my wife called down to the front desk. I missed the whole thing because I was sleeping so hard, but called the front desk the next morning to see if we could move since we had 3 more nights. I let the super nice front desk staff know I would be at breakfast, she had my cell #, the hotel was totally booked, and to let me know if they could work something out. After returning from breakfast - the msg light was on and I called down and spoke with Andre. He was also super awesome, met me at another room to check it out - it was a lower floor, 5th, but it was a suite and right on the beach. Bed was just as comfortable.
We spent our days at the great beach - the MOST supersoft sand I have ever walked on - and at the pool.
The staff had a great attitude, everyone of them we ran into including the cleaning staff, pool staff, wait staff, front desk, everyone of them - I could tell mangement was on the ball.
I'd recommend this Hilton, 10 stars. Well done.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hortkie
tripper059, Executive Assistant at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Hi there thank you for posting a review. We appreciate your gracious comments and feedback. We do take great pride in the quality of service we provide our guests. Hope to have you as our guests again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

The Hilton Clearwater Beach Hotel was a delightful stay! It is right next door to the beach so not far to go at all. They have a lovely buffet there which is open in the morning for breakfast and in the evening for dinner. The gift shop they have is really nice and the people that worked there are very polite and seem to really like children. The hotel rooms are luxurious but where we were, you could hear some noise in the night from other rude people next door. Also the very large mirror was right next to the bed so when you stood to see yourself, you could'nt see your legs because the bed was in the way. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well. The hotel has two outdoor pools which are very blue and heated- therefore making it very relaxing. Outside, the atmosphere is amazing, especially in the evening when music is playing and you can walk along the pier. Unfortunately, our stay was only for 6 night's and i didn't want to leave!!! There are shops and nice, American style restaurant/diners just up the road. Making it only a quick five minute walk away. I would definitely recommend The Hilton Clearwater Beach Hotel and I hope to stay there again!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Samuel B
tripper059, Executive Assistant. at Hilton Clearwater Beach, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Your Hilton Clearwater Beach review is most appreciated. We do take great pride in our Hilton Clearwater Beach property and our guest service. Thank you for being our guest.

We look foward to your return visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights. I picked this hotel because of the great location, close to winter the dolphin and on the beach. There is a covered playground next door that my 3yr old and 10 yr old enjoyed. Pier 60 is right next door as well for entertainment and craft shopping. This hotel has 2 pools one 3ft (great for kids) and the other is larger and deeper. They have a grill at the pool and bar. Loved that the hotel was within walking distance to many restraunts and a cvs for snacks ect. There is a subway right accross the street and a small cafe for cheap breakfasts.

Our room had a fridge but no microwave. Wish it did, would of saved alot $$ on eating expenses. Our room was nice, clean and beds were comfy. They charge $7/night in parking expenses. Our door stuck. I think due to them just painting it. That was the only frustrating thing. The last day we were there, housekeeping did not clean our room. But the days they did, they did a great job. Glad I didn't pay full price. Paid $160/night. Shop around and get a better deal then 200-300$/night!!

Beach was nice, lots of waves for buggie boarding. The sand was the softest sand I have ever felt, almost silky like.

We drove to tarpoon springs one day about a 15 min drive, cool little greek town. Also drove to Cristino's coal oven pizza about 5 min away. This was the best pizza I have ever eaten. If you have transportation, I highly recommend a meal or two here!! We went back another day it was soooo good!! All the restruants we ate at near our hotel were just ok to me and over priced.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family