“Very comfortable!”

Ranked #51 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Largo, Florida
“Very comfortable!”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Comfortable decent size rooms. The beds are comfy!

• Stayed June 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Rooms were furnished with average hotel type particle board laminate furniture. Tub unit with a "too low" shower head and low end single handle chrome faucets. Plenty of scratchy towels. Property seems about 10 years old. Pool (colored blue) is in the parking lot. Great for business travelers or transients....not for vacation.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Plumber1234
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites. Although we do get many families that stay with us while on vacation, we specialize in long-term stays and corporate business travel. The hotel is 12 years and went through a complete renovation in 2007.

We love to get feedback from our recent travelers as this is our way to provide recognition to our staff or make changes based upon the great suggestions we receive. If you get back to the Clearwater, we'd love to have you stay with us again! Many thanks for your business ~ it's very much appreciated.

Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Our stay was wonderful starting at check-in. Front clerk was very friendly and knew the area to guide us to eating places. The room was extremely clean (I have a cleaning service, so I give places a white glove test before settling in). I didn't realize I would have a fully stocked KITCHEN including a dishwasher. Refrig, stove and all cabinets including under the sink, was spotless. Saved money by cooking my own simple meal including our breakfast. There was a grill outside by the pool. It was storming so we didn't use it. The beds and pillows were comfy. A/C and shower were working great also. There is nothing negative to say. I will be back in 2 mos and I will be staying here again. We have 15 other friends that stayed other places, saw ours and wanted to change hotels to where we were staying. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sunnyfl945
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Thank you so much for the lovely review of the hotel. I printed your review and shared it with the staff. Our housekeepers work very hard and take a great deal of pride in the hotel and they were all thrilled to have such recognition on the Trip Advisor website.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Suite was very clean and the hotel was well kept and looked nice. The staff was very helpful and provided great ideas of where to go and eat. The breakfast was nice and just enough to get your day started. The full kitchen was nice and allowed you to save money by preparing meals. The cleaning lady always did a good job. The suite was spacious. Pool was nice, but crowded.My niece was over from the UK and was most impressed

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 3 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. In early May we made several upgrades to our continental breakfast and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

If your travel plans bring you back to our area, we'd love to have you stay with us again! Many thanks for your kind comments and we greatly appreciate your business.

Wilkinson, Indiana
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I was very pleased with the size of the rooms, with teens in tow it was very important. and of course having WiFi made their day. the breakfast was ok considering the room available to offer it. we found it somewat easier to carry things to the room than try to eat in the lobby.
I must say that this was by far the quietist place I had been in, great for sleeping.
location is not bad. you can easily get to the beaches and to Bush Gardens in Tampa.
Looking forward to the next trip.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
It's nice to hear that you had a great stay and your kids had a good time. We recently made some significant upgrades to our WIFI and it's nice to see feedback about the improvements we are making.

Our location is great; especially if you have plans to visit the beaches and Tampa/Orlando.

On behalf of the TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Thank you so much for staying with us.

SouthEast
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I stayed here for business for just over 3 weeks. Originally I was only supposed to be here for 5 days - and then last minute I had to extend. When I left in the morning, I had no idea that I would not be back to check out - but instead would need to extend. Well, instead of having to hassle with moving rooms and negotiating my rate - when I returned to the hotel, they had new keys waiting for me, and long term care package in my room. I didn't have to move rooms or anything! And the best part - my room was CLEAN! Just like every other part of my stay, it was like they predicted what I needed and had it ready before I could even ask! A lot of hotels would have packed up my stuff and checked me out - but not this staff - they just made sure I was comfortable. What great service - and such a pleasant staff. I WILL be back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mrsgeniusatlarge
Manager65, General Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this review, 13 May 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to Clearwater in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel in early April to attend my Mother's 90th birthday party. We had several rooms and our enitre family just loved the hotel. The hotel staff was the best I have experienced. We brought our Mother to the hotel and the lady at the front desk sang Happy Birthday to her.

The staff was so well informed about the area and the great things to see and do. All of our rooms were very clean and the kitchen was an added bonus. Although breakfast was modest, it was just enough and we really enjoyed it. They even allowed us to have breakfast by the pool. The hotel has a village like setting.

The location was perfect as we had activiities planned in both Clearwater and Tampa. The hotel is so convenient to all the major hightways and getting around was so simple.

We really liked the large area map on the wall and the directions cards av ailable at the front desk. Our stay was delightful and I loved all the smiling faces of the staff. Thank your for making our trip so special.

• Stayed April 2010
Thank you for letting our hotel share in the memories of your Mom's 90th birthday! What an occasion to celebrate! We are looking forward to her 91st birthday ~ we'll be ready to celebrate.