“Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center
Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The carpet looked like it could use a bit of an update and the parking lot could definitely use some extra lighting. As a woman traveling alone, I was a little nervous when walking to and from my car late at night. It should also be noted that the facility does not have an onsite workout center which was not a problem for me, but my coworker was not very happy to discover that. However, the staff was very friendly in helping me get settled in and getting some salt and pepper for me when I returned from my late night trip for fast food. The iron in the room seemed to have some sort of mineral build up which left sandy deposits on my black pants although they seemed to brush off. Also, there was no lotion in my room as has been standard in past HI stays. I thought maybe the hotel chain was just cutting down on costs, but my next HI provided lotion. The breakfast was standard (including those lovely cinnamon rolls), but the orange juice was so watery that it was undrinkable. Despite some minor issues, the hotel was a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Room 244 was far from the elevators in what felt like a secluded corner which was perfect for me. It...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
hieclearwater-ICOT, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel! Providing great customer service is our number one goal. I have taken each comment in regards to your stay to the appropriate department managers to make sure that these issues are taken care of for you and our future guests. In case your co worker was not aware during their stay, we have a wonderful relationship with a full service gym located a block from the hotel that is complementary to our guests. I hope they get the chance to utilize this service if they travel with you to our area again. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
p.s. I will pass on your complements to the team!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I am the vp and sec of the Rex Humbard Foundation of Ohio and Florida offices. When travel to Florida is required I stay at the Holiday Inn I Cot Center. Missy Peterson and the staff have always been so helpful. I stay at the hotel 20 -30 nights every year and if it was not up to my standards ,I would go somewhere else. the rooms are nice and the breakfast are filling. The business people bring in also stay at the hotel and they have had great praise for the staff and the little helpful things they do to make the stay more enjoyable. Don R. Humbard

Room Tip: The hotel is great and if your family is with you the pool rooms are great.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years as I travel to the area for business. It had been more than a year since last visit, and unfortunately the upkeep of the hotel seems to be lacking. Rooms are large, bathroom has nice granite vanity, but the bottom of my tub looked disgusting as there was a lot of dirt embedded in the rough textured surface. No way anyone would take a bath in there, I hesitated to even take a shower! Another pet peeve of mine-- the coffemaker and supplies are in the bathroom. All you need to do is watch 20/20 or read what happens in the bathroom when the toilet is flushed and you will never ever drink anything out of a coffee pot stored in a bathroom. Great huge flat screen tv-- but no channels available in HD. I don't understand why a hotel has one without the other. Non-HD doesn't look very good on a big HD screen.

Breakfast was ok, heavy on sweets & carbs--cinnamon rolls, danish, cereal, pancakes,etc. Eggs were usual mass produced scrambled variety.

The parking lot was very very dark. Co-workers and I walked to the excellent Cafe Pont across the way for dinner, and if I had not been in a group I would have been very apprehensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
hieclearwater-ICOT, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear Traveler,
I would like to thank you for your comments and apologize that you were not satisfied with your room during your recent stay with us. We take pride in ensuring that our guests have a positive experience. I have good news that I would like to share with you in regards to our bathtubs. In the next few weeks we will be refurbishing all bathtubs in the entire hotel. We recognized this issue and we are very excited about this project. Another project that we are working on that you mentioned is the HD Channels and we have contracted with a new cable company. We take our customers feedback very seriously and have put all these projects in motion. We hope that during your next stay in Clearwater, you will choose our location and see the progress in place.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Hotel is very well located at the Clearwater area. The facilities are kept really nit and clean all the time, not only the rooms but the common areas. Breakfast is included in the excellent rates in it is always on time on hot. You have everything you need for a proper breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, fruits, eggs, bread, good coffee, yogurts, etc). I stayed there with five baseball players from Guatemala for four nights who eat like crazy and they never got any problem to get satisfied with the menu. The best value of this hotel for me is the typical nice southern treatment you get from al the personel at the lobby and at the administrative level. They are always willing to answer questions with a sincere smile (you get too many artificial smiles in a lot of hotels). I travel a lot and you don´t get that kind of treatment too often in this dates. Highly recommended
Noel Corrales (Guatemala)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
hieclearwater-ICOT, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and staff. We are proud to have exceeded your expectations in service, breakfast and overall experience. I had the pleasure of meeting you and the team during your stay and we hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We, a party of 4 seniors arrived in Clearwater from Canada to find our rented "villa" totally unacceptable. It was New Years Eve and at 8pm we were "homeless". We had already purchased our weeks groceries. Carole, the front desk person listened to our story and graciously put our minds at ease. She put us up in a suite and we booked it for two days. Our ice cream she placed in the hotel freezer. The next day we were able to find a suitable villa. I advised Carole and the manager that we had found a place and offered to honour the second days booking but they graciously let us go with just one days booking.
The hotel accommodation are excellent and we are still singing the praise of a wonderful & caring staff. Top marks for Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - ICOT Center. We would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
hieclearwater-ICOT, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like the staff you encountered was very friendly and helpful and put your mind at ease. We hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We recently spent three nights at this hotel. The location is wonderful, you can easily travel to Bush Gardens, Tarpon Spings, , and Ybur, a St. Petersburg, and Ybur a quaint historical city. The staff makes your stay even better. They go out of their way to meet your needs. We were treated with kindness and smiling faces. They will print maps for your convenience and give you suggestions of places to visit. We'd especially like to thank Shelby, Dani, and Ashley! Thank you ladies, you are awesome!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ghost51

It is always great to hear when our guests have an excellent experience at our property and in our community. I will pass your comments along to the front desk staff letting them know about the service. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay!

Reviewed 31 December 2011

I just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel and I would definitely recommend it! It is in a business park and is about 4 miles from the St. Pete/Clearwater airport and about 15 miles from Tampa International (which is easily accessible via Ulmerton Blvd to 275 to airport exit). The hotel is very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The 2 story lobby and breakfast area are light and airy. The breakfast area looks out on the very nice pool area. The pool area has lots of chairs and tables and some separate patio areas. There are regular rooms, poolside rooms with their own ground floor patios and suites. I was there on business and my elderly mother traveled with me. She stayed at the hotel during the day and the staff really adopted her. From the lady who ran the breakfast buffet to the front desk personnel and shuttle staff, they all took a very personal interest in her. The hotel is in a very safe area and actually has a small lake behind it with a walking path around the lake. It's a short drive down Ulmerton to Indian Rocks Beach. The pier and downtown St. Pete are in easy driving distance via 275 south. I did have one minor suggestion, the door to the breakfast area does squeak and close noisily. My room was directly above this and it was a bit annoying to hear that every morning at about 5:30 am. My suggestion was met in a very positive and receptive manner. The staff truly want to make your experience at this hotel the best they can. Honestly, the only strike for me against this hotel is that there's not an on-site fitness facility. They do have an agreement that you could work out at a Bally's Fitness about a quarter mile away but that's just not as convenient as an onsite facility.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a pool view. As I stated our room 201 was right over the door to the kit...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tasckal

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience with us. It sounds like you and your mom had an enjoyable stay. I also had the pleasure of meeting your mom during her time here and she was wonderful to speak too. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest of the staff and we hope to see you in the future.