“Wow”
Review of Clearwater

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
PA
10 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed April 10, 2007

I had the occasion to take a business/pleasure trip to Clearwater Spring of 2006. My wife and I had the trip of our lifetime. This was our first trip to the gulf. In our opinion the Atlantic side will never compare to our experience on the gulf. From the natural beaches of the state parks such as Honeymoon Island to the white sand beaches of Clearwater Beach area the water and everything is just beautiful. During our stay we experienced no adverse crowds and people everywhere were generally very friendly. There was plenty to do inland with the many shops, local minor league baseball and even simply walking the various marina's. We just can't stop thinking of this trip and our memories will last forever.

10 Thank TWeight
Milwaukee, WI
14 helpful votes
“Nice beach, bad crowd”
Reviewed April 25, 2003

My fiance and I stayed in Clearwater in mid April of this year. I had been to many other tourist spots in Florida, but this was our first time in Clearwater. The nice part of Clearwater was the beach. It was within walking distance from all the hotels and the sand was pure white. There were many places to eat within walking distance as well, however all the restaurants driving/walking were your typical burger restaurants--nothing upscale. But many offerred outdoor seating along the gulf. We went to Clearwater to simply take in the sun and relax. Unfortunately at about 9:00 p.m. the walking strip where we stayed turned into a teenage hangout. It was packed with cars playing loud music and yelling. It was to the point where I as a female could did not feel safe walking outside alone, eventhough the streets were very well lit and it was a tourist area. Thankfully we stayed through the week and the partying and noise at night died down. We did continue to see a lot of shady characters out at night. THis would not be a good spot to take a family trip. We are a young couple in our late 20's and the people out a night were even too much for us (kids peeing in the parking lots, prostitute walking the sidewalk, groups of people hanging out at the beach late at night). If you go make sure you stay at one of the nicer hotels to avoid any problems. We were very surprised by the type of people Clearwater attracted. We would probably not choose to go back if we visit Florida again. The only nice part was the beach, weather and a few bartenders at the restaurants. If you do decide to go, don't stay at the Belleview Biltmore Resort. I wrote a review about that place as well. We left and moved to another hotel at the beginning of our trip.

14 Thank Venture1362

Been to Clearwater? Share your experiences!