“I was just scammed out of 209.00,”

Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Colton, California
“I was just scammed out of 209.00,”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

They called and talked me into a Florida Vacation, when we found out that we could not take advantage of it..I cancelled within 1 week. This was in Sept. It is now the middle of Nov. and today I called to see where the status of the refund was and they informed me it was too late and they had called me I didn't return their call, so now, they won't return my money. I was out of state when they called and the message they left, was just trying for me to take the trip later, it was not about returning my money...so I kept waiting for it to appear on my credit card.. I am afraid that the new owners are fraudulent.
I did take a trip with my points to Australia and that was fun..not a five star motel, but, it was okay. We have used the points in Mass. Ca[e Cod and Great Barrington, But, alot of times where we want to go there are not RCI accommodations This was 3 years ago. They would not let me submit this if I didn't put in a date...the below date is not correct.

Room Tip: These trips were not tn the years above, so I can't fill that in.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeanne H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed for a week. Floors were sticky/ Green mold looking substance on floors. We got harassed by phones calls from RCI trying to get us to do some stupid breakfast sales pitch. NON STOP They called us multiple times letting the phone ring once then hanging up, or calling at 9 in the morning when we were trying to sleep in.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank vans406
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here the week of November 1, 2011 in one of the actual separate houses on the lake. It was extremely well equipped - we were supposed to have others with us but that didn't happen. Not to worry, we enjoyed the space of this house all to ourselves. It was clean, but yes dated - they appear to be addressing this as there was renovations happening in one of the other houses. Looking past a bit of dated furniture was easy to do as the grounds are lovely, any people we encountered were friendly, and our privacy was 100% respected. I would strongly urge people wanting a good location (near groceries and ANY kind of restaurant you could imagine) and all the parks 20 minutes away, stay here and relax as well.

The layout of the house would be perfect for a family or 2 or 3 couples - 3 bedrooms, all very separate with full bathrooms. Large enough eating area, private pool which was completely screened in - very much appreciated. We did not use the larger pools as the weather the week we stayed was the pits! But we did have a drink at the Big Kahuna bar and enjoyed it. We played mini-golf when the sun did come out and it was fun.

One thing my husband was disappointed by was the lack of hot water to enjoy a bath in the jetted tub in the bedroom - out of hot water before the jets were even covered. And the internet is not free. We paid for a week but the signal was so LOW at our house, it was near impossible to get the bit of work done I had to do. Wireless signal definitely needs improving.

If we could pick a better week of weather we would certainly consider a return to Summer Bay.

Room Tip: If you have 2 or 3 couples, pick a separate house - perfect for privacy.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kailah S
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed here Oct 23-Oct.29..Went through RCI..The grounds are beautiful,and,well maintained..We stayed in Bldg 504..it was right across the parking lot from a beautiful pool,which,we enjoyed every day..! We did not go to Disney,but,it was only 6 miles away...The accomodations are in the process of being updated,which they need. The staff is very good..This really is a very nice place to stay....They offer 3 types of accomodations,so,ask them before you book...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank charliejoe
Vryheid
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We are RCI members so used a points exchange to get a week at this resort. We were delayed in our arrival by one day because Hurricane Irene and our flight from New York being cancelled. The resort staff where really nice about the whole thing and went out of ther way to make us feel welcome. We had a lovely two bedroom apartment and it was spacious, clean and had all the amenties we could want. The beds are huge and very comfy. The main bedroom was huge and had plenty of space for the toddler bed for our two year old. The water play area was loved by our son and he wanted to spend all his time there. The pools were lovely and the whole resort well maintained. Its close enough to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot that we could come home for a nap and rest half way through the day each day.
The only negatives I found where the man trying to badger me into going to a resort breakfast so he could try and sell us timeshare. I am South African why would I want a Time Share there when I already own time share. He was very pushy and just would not stop. This after a 19 hour nightmare drive from NYC was not apprecited. I wanted a shower and a rest. I told him that I already had Disney tickets(which we did buying online in advance is the best way by far to buy) and that if he really wanted to talk he could call me. He never did so I think he finally got the message.
In all other international RCI resorts I have stayed in a daily service is included. The lack of service puts a bad mark on RCI.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This is actually day one for me here and so far not so good. #1 my husband was in no way greeted by the front desk. The lady at the club house was already heated and when we checked in she greeted him by saying " credit card..." #2 I'm 7 mths pregnant and I arrive with my husband and young son to a 1 bedroom condo that is unclean and cold. We run to walmart to pick up things, come back, clean up including mop these nasty floors with hair covered all over, and we realize that this place is anything but kid friendly. We realize this because there are no security locks on the door. The one lock that is on the door is low enough for my two yr old to turn and open the door. I call the front desk and rudely these jokers say they can't help ne with this, nor can the lazy engineer, which I hear in the background spare tape so I could tape the lock to avoid my son from turning. #3 it's 5 o clock in the morning and after waking several times i now feel like I've slept on the floor. The bed is so hard and so flat, we've tried putting the comforter under the fitted sheet along with the extra sheets in the closet but still hard. I call the desk and lady says " an engineer will bring a pad in the morning..." this is going to b a long week. They've lost me as a customers for sure.

• Stayed October 2011
7 Thank Mariposa2591
Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 October 2011

got talked into a getaway through them. they oversold and refused refund and did not return calls. offer to let us go to Missouri in exchange for Vegas property that they sold me. If this is how they treat me for $250. be careful with your wallet.
never actually got to travel

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sean b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
0.1 km away
#21 of 337 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,798 reviews
19.8 km away
Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!