“rci points exchange holiday in January 2012”

Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We really enjoyed our 14 days stay here, the apartment was roomy, well furnished and well equiped.

The entertainment was good, we particularily the duelling pianos and the guy who brought the aligator and gave an amusing talk.

The activity team was great for young children, helping them make sand bottle sculptures, soft toys and the like.

The swimming pools were really warm and open 24 hours a day and towels provided. No life guards, so you must supervise your children youself.

The resort was well maintained and the staff were welcoming, polite and helpful.

There was no charge for the electricity used in the apartment for air conditioning, cooking lighting etc. and contrary to the literature we were not charged for internet use.

The gym was small but lightly used and so this was not a problem.

The resort was convenient for the theme parks and shopping.

The weather was 73 to 83 and dry apart from one afternoon' s drizzle.

All in all a stress free relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Paul S
Write a ReviewReviews (10,147)

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I always look at reviews, so decided I should actually write one. So here it goes. I would recommend this place if you can get into the newer units. I called a few days before and made a request for the 400 or 500 buildings which are the newer units. Our good sized, 2 bedroom unit was very clean and well stocked for our 4 nights. Never saw a bug! We loved the heated pool, walk up bar, and several different activities they offered. We did get asked a few times to do the the timeshare presentation breakfast but we declined and they were fine with that. We visited Disney 3 of the days and it was about 20 mins. from resort to disney's parking lot. One day we came back mid day just to hang around the pool and then went back for the parade and fireworks. This property is close(less than 5 mins. by car) to Publix grocery, gas stations, and restaurants. Great security. They had an actual person at the security gate everytime we drove up.
Only cons to this property were some construction was going on at 7am that woke me up. We also went over to the kiddie water play area and on a hot day would be fun but water is not heated.

3  Thank Diane K
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Even though I was talked into coming back and it was a costly trip with airline tickets, rental car, etc. We had a wonderful 2 bedroom suite, big kitchen , king size bed in the master and since we ended up with just 2 of us instead of the 4 we had planned we had a good time. It was clean and beautiful, couldn't use the pools as the weather was too cool for us, but, outside of our villa was a childrens water play park and it looked like great fun. We did not upgrade to the 2 bedroom as it costs too much to get there, so we will be happy with our 1 bedroom villa and use the time share in other places. The sales person, Nick was very nice and not pushy. It was fun, but like I say very expensive to go there for a sales presentation.Glad we took in the Kennedy Space Center, that made it worthwhile.plus visiting relatives.

Room Tip: The Villas are very special. We were on the ground floor and heard very little noise from above us...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne H
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Reading some of the other reviews, I feel bad that things happened to these visitors. I'm not saying I didn't have issues, like a missing fry pan when I went to make breakfast, but within minutes, they had it at my front door. There are great things to do with the kids at the resort, they may not want to leave to walk the parks. Mouse boats for kids 12 years old, make them feel like big kids, driving a motor boat on the lake. Adults can jet ski, and for the more laid back crowd there are paddle boats that are adorable, a pink flamingo, yellow ducky, white swan, and a green dragon for the young guys who wouldn't be caught dead in one of the others. There is a floating water park, and putt putt golf for a small fee. Basketball courts, tennis courts, water park, beach, bars, restaurant, and lots of buildings to chose from if you are not happy. Publix is close by, so you can stock up on goodies for your room. Feels like home to me. I am a owner here, and own with Hilton and Marriott also. I am tough to please, and most places I go, I find issues with somewhat. I think Summer Bay is a great place if you like to have a kitchen, a washer and dryer in your unit and lots of activities for your kids. If you are looking for a luxury resort, this is not for you. If you like a home away from home feel, this is for you. I enjoy making breakfast and getting my laundry done on vacation. Others may not. I like to lay out by a pool or lake and not run to a park every day. You are close to the parks, but not on top of the craziness that is Orlando. I saw a lot of generations of families together at Summer Bay, some fishing, some riding the surrey bikes. This is a laid back resort. It may not be the most modern, there is internet service that is free at the clubhouse, and flat panel tvs in the living room, but it is not meant to be a high rise, glass and steel resort. Summer Bay is a great resort to escape from the rat race. Coming from NY, that means a lot to me, but may not be for everyone. By the way, the people who stay at this resort are friendly, warm, and my kids always find other kids to hang out with, and I always find people to chat with.

Room Tip: If you need an elevator building or a ground floor request it. I like to be close to the Clubhouse...
3  Thank Ppbny1761
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We visited Summer Bay "Resort" on a timeshare deal from 2/14-2/18/2012.

Here's the plus - it's not far from Disney, they give you a lot of space, and there is a supermarket within walking distance. That's about where it ends.

Here's where the good ends....1. The staff at the front desk is very young and inexperienced - they don't make you feel like you can trust them with your credit card info or that your are at a resort - more like a kids' party place staff; moreover 2. The place was DIRTY. When we arrived after 11pm with 2 kids, we had to call the front desk to send someone in to change the sheets - that weren't clean. They offered to change our room - but I wasn't convinced another room would be better. One of the guys who came to see what I called the front desk about (and to change the sheets) said that they've recently hired a new cleaning crew and there are a lot of issues. That is an understatement! I've attached some photos of the air vent, tile, counter, shower and carpet. Basically, the place is in need of an overhaul. These maintence issues stem from neglect over time - not one-off missed cleaning. Also, the place just smells musty and all the sheets and blankets are old. Definitely not "resort" quality.

Also - the time share presentation was supposed to last 90 min - after 2 hours, I reminded the manager it was time to wrap up. They couldn't understand why we weren't buying.

Well - low and behold, we left a day early b/c we couldn't take it anymore.

5  Thank MBTraveller77
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was nervous after reading some of these posts, but was pleasantly surprised and would go back again. This resort has so many activities that you don't need to leave. There are activities for kids as well as adults. The resort has five pools which are nicely heated. We went to each pool. Our last full day, resort had a family party at the Big Kahuna pool which was fun. The resort also has tennis court, basketball court, shuffle board, horse shoes, playground area, volley ball, game room, minature putt putt, activity center and two bars. The staff were great and very friendly. They also had two nights where they showed movies at the pool.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. I'm not sure if lower level rooms can hear the noise from above. With...
1  Thank CindyPec
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We visit Florida every year. Based upon photos, association with RCI and summer bay resort showing facilities and amenities, we booked our vacation here. Started off really bad with over 1/2 hr check in...couldn't locate our reservations, had us in a 1 bedroom for 3 days, etc...Finally, we got keys to our 2 bedroom...after ordeal and driving over 16 hrs, we were ready to clean up, shower and rest a bit...only to find our unit extremely dirty, mold growing in blender, smell of bleach so heavy brought on a headache, cleaning products still left on outside of oven, food and garbage in drawers, etc. 2 hrs later, I kicked out the cleaning person (who was very kind), to finish cleaning unit myself. Next day went to the breakfast (timeshare presentation), which are very pushy...told me that they only reserve nice units to owners....really??!!! I still had to pay to exchange to this!

on and on I could go but let's just say I didn't buy nor will I be revisiting them in the future.
Oh, and the other property they own across the road (The Inn at Summer Bay)...up for auction...that should tell you something. This does not deserve gold status.

There are so many other resorts in the area to subject oneself to this.

Room Tip: was in building 402 which we were advised was the newest remodeled...hard beds, extremely sagging so...
2  Thank disneyfamily1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
0.6 km away
0.5 km away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!