“Summer Bay has really gone downhill”

Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My family and I have been visiting Summer Bay for the past 8 years. The service was the worst that we have ever experienced. We checked in on Saturday March 17, with our 2 small grandchildren, and had to wait in line for over 25 minutes. There was only one desk clerk on duty. The manager was in the back office, continued to open the door and peek out, but never helped. Awful!

When we got to the condo, the kitchen floor was filthy, the dishwasher leaked and there was no coffee pot. The worst part was the plug socket in our grandkid’s bedroom was literally hanging out of the wall with the wires completely exposed. I took a picture of this and posted it.

While we still enjoy Summer Bay and its amenities, the management really needs to get it together. There was no attention to detail. Too bad, because it used to be an A+ resort.

Room Tip: Inspect your room for cleanliness and maintenance items before unpacking.
4  Thank Lawry L
Write a ReviewReviews (10,154)

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed March 17-24, 2 adults and 1 child (4yrs old). Overall we were very happy with Summer Bay. Nice pool and beach area. We spent 2 days hanging out there at the pools. My son loved the beach and the zero depth pool. We had a one bedroom condo and the one thing I did not like about that was there was really no "dining room". There was a round glass table in the living room - really no area to sit and eat. The other things I wasn't happy about was that you had to pay to use internet and also had to pay to use the inflatables in the lake. I felt that as a resort guest you shouldn't have to pay for those. It might be one reason why I don't stay there again.
The location of the resort was great. Close to dining, shopping and not far from the parks (6 miles). 192 can get busy, so you may sit in traffic on occasion.

4  Thank Renee C
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Better half's birthday, 8 nights, rci swap. 1 bedroom , over loking lake and main pool . Very clean, lots of kids/ old people/teens actvities. Many eateries in driving distant, on 192 S.R. Celebration ,Cuban food. St. Cloud Cat fish place On site fishing boating,and other things too keep busy or do nothing. no complaints

Room Tip: 206- near main pool , club house, lake front view or like others said 500 buildings
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carmnic
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We’ve stayed at Summer Bay for 7 consecutive years, and this was the worst. We stood in line at the front desk to check in on Saturday night (3/17/12) with 2 small children for 25 minutes. There was one clerk on duty that was flat out rude. The Manager kept “peeking out” of the back office to see how it was going but never came out to help. Even the people at the Disney Desk were apologizing for the poor service.

When we got to the room, there was spilled, but solidified Coke in the refrigerator and on the floor in front of it. The patio doors wouldn’t slide to open or close (a little WD-40 goes a long way), but the worst was the plug socket hanging out of the wall. I left a picture for everyone to see.

There must have been a Management change, because the overall experience was expensive but very poor.

5  Thank L68gt
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We spent a week in a one bedroom RCI swap at Summer Bay in March. We were not there to go to the Disney Parks except for one evening at Celebration for dinner. The weather was in the 80's each day and we mostly spent time at the pools. It was a nice, relaxing vacation. The resort is not as big as some others in the area, the accommodations were fine. At first I was concerned about paying for room service, but with the good quality towels and the washer and dryer I had no problem declining on the cost for room service. The kitchen was satisfactory to me for quality. The bed was quite hard, but I adjusted. We did attend the sales pitch but did not buy and got out of the experience in about two hours. There is a one in four rule here, however I would probably not go back anyway. I prefer others in the area. But this is a good resort for families. Not too far from the parks and lots for kids to do at the resort for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the first floor. We found the bottom floor musty and asked and received a third...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dbme
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at Summer Bay from March 13-23rd with three kids (ages 10, 7,5). The entire family had an excellent holiday. Lots of kids activities. We were in building 503 beside Big Kahuna's which was fantastic. Plan to come back many times ... kids (and parents) can't wait.

Room Tip: Try and get 500 series buildings to be near Big Kahuna's.
3  Thank StittStones
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I had my rings stolen on cleaning day at the resort. They were worth 15,000.oo dollars. I has them in a box in the top drawer with clothes over top. They were there before I left and when I came back later that day they were gone, I looked everywhere before reporting it. The resort could have cared less. I saw the cleaning people that day and our reeomwas cleaned that day. When the county sherrif came he told me this happens all the time at this resort. Same incident happened a week before my stay another guests ring was stolen,, It was worth 4500.00. He knew who it was but can't prove it. You think the resort wopuld fire these individuals as it happens frequently. Beware of this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank LAURA V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
0.6 km away
0.5 km away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 155 in Kissimmee

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!