11,472 results
All reviews bedroom unit buccaneer bay nice resort big kahuna family vacation grocery store main pool all ages washer and dryer time share great vacation water park timeshare presentation recommend this resort zip line mini golf spring break
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Overall, our stay was very good. As my title states, I would definately stay here again, but if I could get another place (i.e. Orange Lake a little closer to Disneyworld where we stayed 5 years ago) I would. We did a RCI timeshare exchange and received a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom unit which is the mail reason we stayed here since it was the 3 of us and my brother & family w/ their 3 kids. The layout was wonderful for us! It was a 1 bedroom, 1 bath (we had) combined w/ a 2 BR 2 bathroom unit that they had. Same entrances, right next to each other, but also separate. We were in the 401 building on the lower unit and couldn't ask for a better location. Check in and check out went very well. At check in, we were able to check for the whole 2 weeks and at a prior request, was able to stay in the same unit the whole 2 weeks. Our unit was right next to one of the VERY warm pools, a few minutes walk to the main pool, mini golf, and water park area (not heated). The resort has many great activities, some for free (renting basketballs for the court, tennis, shuffleboard) and many charging (kids crafts, golf $5.00/game or $40.00/week unlimited for a family of 8- which is what we did and got our moneys worth and sometimes played several times/day). The most ridiculous charge (which we heard they are changing, but that didn't help us at the time) was charging for internet! $10.00/ 24 hours or they had a weekly rate. You could get it for free at the clubhouse, but that is somewhat inconvenient. Charging for internet in this day and age is stupid. Budget hotels up the road were advertising free internet. We had housekeeping 1 time during our stay (very typical of a timeshare/condo). That was scheduled for Saturday. When my sister-in-law changed the day (due to napping her kids and us being there Saturday all day, she wanted it for Sunday when we were gone all day), it did not get done Sunday. Finally, Monday afternoon it did get done and only there side of the unit got done; not ours. A couple of hours later (and several phone calls), our side got done. Some communication issues there. A little frustrating, but it finally got done, and I do recognize we were the ones that requested the change of days. Disneyworld parks are at least 20 minutes away; longer when you get stuck in traffic. They do have a shuttle to take you to/from the parks with limited times. We never used this since we rented a van, but a good option if needed. Our kitchen was very nice w/ the exception of since our until was a 1 BR, 1 bathroom it sleeps 4. Therefore they only had 4 of everything (mugs, glasses, bowls, ect . . .) I think it would be more beneficial and economical to have more than this so we aren't running the dishwasher every day. Their cutting knives are horrible too, but we made due. The stackable washer and dryer was nice. They provided starter sets of dish soap, laundry soap and dryer sheets, TP, paper towels, dishwashing detergent ect . . . for a couple of days. We had a wonderful Disneyworld trip. We received a message about their timeshare breakfast and a direct phone call that I answered. They were very low pressured. When asked if we were interested and I declinded, they asked if we would like them to call us back and I said no thank you. That was it. Would I recommend Summer Bay Resort? yes! My main complaint would be the internet charge and sometimes the noise level; not that we have to be on the internet a lot, but for those that need it for business, ect . . . it would be a frustrating extra charge and our bedroom was on the outside hall across from the elevator. It was very loud early in the morning (5-6am) from people talking and probably leaving and the luggage going over tiles on the outside floor. One other thing, the beds are very firm, which we loved!

1  Thank Alissa D
Reviewed April 7, 2010

By way of an exchange through RCI, we travelled to Summer Bay Resort the second week of March, 2010. Although the weather was relatively cool (and a downpouring of rain for two days,) our children enjoyed the warm shallow pool and the playgrounds and my husband and I enjoyed close proximity to shopping, restaurants and attractions. Our unit (two bedrooms, two bathrooms in the 108 section) was clean and spacious for a family of four. We slept well on the firm beds! The bathrooms and showers were very clean and we found everything we needed to make meals in the kitchen. The second bedroom had two twin beds, perfect for two kids who loved having their own TV in their room! The grounds and pools are well maintained. At check-in and check-out, the staff seemed very pleasant and helpful and we had no issues with the accommodation during our stay. We were not approached by one single salesperson for a presentation or sales pitch. We enjoyed our stay and would return for another vacation to this resort.

Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed at summer bay a few times now and admit....The houses spoil you.
2 Master suites with a private VERY WARM pool....Sliding door open to the living area and you have full access.
You also have a private garage and own drive.
Everything you need to enjoy and great holiday.....Minutes to 192 Highway where you find everything you need....Publix's is on property and easy to get to....You need a car.
Also the resort has great activites for kids....Pools and beach on site also if you want to mingle.
About 10 minutes to the parks...
WARNING !!!!
We have stayed in the Villas before .............Don't bother....They are old and walls are thin and you will not enjoy it.....
The CONDOS are good but NOT the VILLAS.....They are different ...Be aware.
100 series Villas are wood frame and old......400 and 500 are new and concrete...
You have been told.....
Also ,,,,,,,,,,,,the internet SUCKS and you have to pay for it.............Complain and maybe they will get a free system that actually works like everywhere else....It just Sucks.
Also if you do the timeshares...Save 3 hours but hey you get free tickets worth around $200.00 so have breakfast on them and say no thank-you.....

2  Thank gonecode6
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Booked a 2 bedroom condo using the 800 number on the Summer Bay web site that offered special package deals for travelers. When the confirmation was emailed to us it just stated that you are in a 2 bedroom condo, so you assume that you are staying at Summer Bay Resort. When we reached Orlando on March 27th we found out that we weren't booked into Summer Bay Resort at all but placed in an overflo condo a few miles away. It wasn't a resort at all but a referbished condo with a pool. If this happens to you don't expect Summer Bay to come to your rescue. We weren't offered any alternative accomodations and our money wasn't refunded. Our dream vacation was ruined. Due to the conditions of the off site location we refused to check in and had to find last minute accomodations at our own expense. BUYER BEWARE

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank sambo4
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Rci put us in a villa as a member I guess that's what you get, well a villa is a small room with two bdrm and a tiny kitchen. it was rated silver crown, I should have known better. I upgraded to a condo, which I should have gotten in the first place. It cost me another 360 Us, the condo was more like what we usually get in a gold crown. The activities were non existent at the pools for kids. They have and activities club, but everything is on a schedule, Orange Lake was way better, can do crafts whenever, they have guitar hero set up all the time, table tennis, and activities poolside some of the time. This place is ok, but if you have a choice go to Sheraton Vistana or Orange Lake, this one doesn't compare.

1  Thank chaldaily