“it was a ok hotel been there a couple times now and sure i will be back again”

Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Reviewed 12 February 2012

i have been there 2 different times and never had a bad visit. comfortable and seemed to be safe place. staff was friendly. room was clean

Room Tip: i stayed in room 119 north end and never heard a anything all night
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2012

If you like bed bugs...... it's the best place to stay

Room Tip: a park bench would have been better
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed here for one night after a delayed flight into Orlando, so we were tired and just wanted a bed for the night, should have looked at the rooms first, our fault. This is more like a truckers stop, the rooms are below average, not very clean and carpet disgusting, no coffee in room and when I asked at the desk the clerk said the coffee had not been delivered that morning, but that is not true as other reviews say the same thing,so they should not advertise that they have it. No continental breakfast available. We have stayed at a first class ABVI for the same price so although cheap it is not good value and there are much better around. I would never stay here again and could not recommend anyone to stay here other than a trucker.

Room Tip: I cannot add a tip to help travelers choose a good room as I doubt they have any good rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hunda
Reviewed 8 January 2012

was there on business for two day no in room coffee no contenial breakfeast and the restaurant was closed and when i ask about the coffie pot in the lobby was told it takes over 1 hour to make coffee but on the website these amenities were there. but were not i also heard the front desk people that it has been like that for 3 months. they need to fix it also the ice and the ice cream machines were broken

1  Thank philip m
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Booked this hotel for 3 nights based on their website, 1st mistake. No breakfast, was told "have to go to the nearest IHOP". No restaurant, "has been closed for a long time" Got to our room and it didn't have any handtowels at the sink, nor did it have any coffee packets for the 1-cup coffee maker. I called the front desk and was told "this hotel doesn't provide handtowels and you have to come to the front desk for coffee. Room was filthy and the beds hard, needless to say we packed up after the first night and moved to the Holiday Inn Express down the road. I sent an e-mail to Days Inn Corporate and they responded quickly. Told me that the manager of the hotel would be responding to me in a few days. He sent an e-mail and lied through his teeth. Said they had a "laundry problem" that is why they didn't have any handtowels available and that their "coffee delivery was delayed" that is why they didn't have any coffee available. Doesn't explain the closed restaurant, no breakfast or the filthy rooms. I sent another e-mail to corporate regarding the managers lies, still waiting to hear back. This place should be shut down, NEVER STAY HERE

1  Thank Jay P
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed here for one night and got bed bug bites all over our bodies. The bites are extremely itchy. Management did not care! Nothing was done for us. Do not stay at this dump. It was a horrible place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Tioga7
Reviewed 27 October 2011

In October 2011, my husband and I stayed here for one night. We were leaving the next morning for a cruise, so "Cruise Port"..we assume it was pretty close to the port. That was our first mistake. The clerk at the front desk that night was nice. She gave us a good rate, told us we would be able to park our car there for the week and they would provide a shuttle ride to the port and would pick us up from the port when we returned in a week. We quickly decided to stay as we were exhausted from the almost 10 hr drive we had. We asked if there was a laundromat on site (we had just spent a week at the beach and needed clean clothes for the cruise), she said there was at the rear of the building. We get our key and drive around to find our room, and the further back we got the shadier the place looked. There was a prostitute in the parking lot and a man picked her up in his car. There were people just hanging outside the rooms staring at us. The "laundromat" was an old washer and dryer outside up against the back wall (no shelter from the elements) and they had a vending machine to buy laundry soap and fabric softeners. I go to buy the soap, it takes the money and gives nothing back. Some of the shady people in the parking lot then told me that it isn't working. I go to the front desk and tell her, ask for my money back or if she had any soap. She said she couldn't give refunds, and they don't have any laundry detergent on site. (um..do they not wash their sheets?) So I find a random guy in the parking lot that offered me some of his soap, I go back to use the washer, you have to buy a "token" from the front office, it doesn't take quarters. So I go back to the office to get a token, which made me further irritated since she knew before that we were trying to do laundry and could've told us to buy the token and save a trip. By this time, it is dark outside. There is nowhere to sit and wait on your clothes so my husband and I have to pull our car over to the washer and wait an hour and a half for the ancient washer and dryer to finish. We get to our "nonsmoking" room, it reeks of cigarettes. There was mildew all over the bathroom. Pulled back the bed covers, there was hair and cigarette burns all over the sheets. We were so exhausted we decided to just suck it up and stay, I slept in clothes though. The beds were so worn out they were slanted (they only had doubles, no kings). We both woke up so sore from them. During the night we kept having random drunk people knock on our door and window. The air didn't work.
Next day, the shuttle arrived as we were promised. The driver drove like a crazy person, we were in a van and a trailer full of luggage, and he was speeding and swerving, pulled out in front of people. We had a 30 min ride to the port. I was ready to kiss the ground when we got there.
When we got back the next week, we called the number like we were told to for the shuttle bus. He answered and said he wasn't coming. I asked what was I supposed to do, was there another driver coming? He said he didn't know what to tell me, call a cab and hung up. I called the hotel, the front desk clerk said she didn't know what was going on and after she called the driver and got a disconnected message, she said that she would "text" her manager and call me when she heard from him. I lost it, I told her she better call him, not text, that we were stranded at a port with luggage, 30 mins from the hotel and I wasn't about to pay for a cab ride when I paid already for the shuttle. 15 mins went by and still heard nothing back so I called her again, she said that she didn't know what to do, that the manager didn't either. I spoke to the supervisor of the transportation at the port, he made some calls, got the same spill, so we found a cab driver that was familiar and offered to take us, said he had the same problem the day before with Days Inn, that port authority had to get involved because the drivers all quit from Days Inn not paying them anymore. So we finally get back, the clerk and manager were there. They gave me the fare I paid, but no apologies. In fact they were rude, the clerk was like how many more people were supposed to be on the shuttle? Are we going to have to put up with this all day?
Needless to say, save your money and time. This hotel is a rip off, and they just don't care.

Room Tip: Go do another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Ms M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
19.9 km away
2.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa
20.0 km away
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

Been to Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524? Share your experiences!