“Not To Bad To Spend The Night But Wouldn't Want To Stay Full Time”

Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This place has gotten better since the last time I had to stay there. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was better than I thought it would. The room smelled like a hunting camp when I first walked in and it took a while for the room to cool down. I would stay there again for a night but wouldnt recommend it to people that are in Cocoa for work. Some how they keep managing to not keep a restaraunt open onsite and there are no other places to eat within walking distance for those of us who would like a drink with our dinner and not risk driving.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
daysinncocoa, General Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on our site. I am glad you returned to our hotel and gave us another try. The hotel is now under new management and we are working very hard to make every stay a pleasant one. The restaurant is now going to be operated by the hotel rather than a third party and we are working to have that open by the third week of May. Hopefully when you return it will be much more pleasant for you and you will stay for multiple nights.

Michael Baird

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We chose this location because of the shuttle service to the cruise ships, which I have to say was excellent compared to other motels I have used. We all piled into the van, he took us straight to the terminal and when we got off, we called and they were there within 10 minutes to pick us up and take us back to the motel to get our car.
Our room was clean and there were no signs of bugs as indicated in other reviews. The bathroom was clean with no sign of mildew. The only problem we had was that the ice machine was broken and my daughter needed to ice her ankle so we had to go to a gas station and buy cups of ice to use. They do have a very nice pool area but it was late when we arrived so we didn't get to check it out.
Their continental breakfast consisted of pre-packaged donuts and pastries, bottles of juices and coffee - nothing fancy and very limited.
I would stay here again but only as a last resort. I had to pay $79.95 which was way too high for what was offered and the night shift was more interested in discussing a co-worker to be concerned with us.

Room Tip: I didn't see an elevator so if you don't want to climb stairs, ask for a bottom floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelinggrandma001

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please note that we are under new management and are striving to do our best to make POSITIVE changes. I do apologize for our staff and it made you feel the way you did. Compared to the other hotels in the area who offer cruise packages I do know that our price and value is the best. The restaurant was not open unfortunately but should be open by mid-May and we hope when you take your cruise next year you will try us again and let us know the difference.

Michael Baird

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I booked the Days Inn because of shuttle service and free parking while on a cruise out of Port Canavaral. We booked February 8, 2012. Hotel value for dollar when cruising. But they are hooked up with Royal Shuttle. This shuttle service is a nightmare. Seatbelts dont work in their van and yes you will need them is driven by person named Todd. While driving he was on cell phone and almost got us killed. I had to tell driver to pay attention to the road. I then realized why a girl got out at our hotel and it wasnt her destination she was terrified. When we were done our cruise we called Royal Shuttle to come pick us up and 2.5 hours later and we were only 4 people left to be picked up and still waiting. We called several times and they kept telling us 10 minutes. We called the hotel. All we heard were complaints regarding Royal Shuttle. The days Inn reversed charges on all our rooms they were great. Stay away if they are still using Royal Shuttle. Patrick from Port Colborne, ON Canada

Room Tip: dont pick this hotel is they are still using Royal Shuttle for cruise service. If they changed it is...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2012

i have been there 2 different times and never had a bad visit. comfortable and seemed to be safe place. staff was friendly. room was clean

Room Tip: i stayed in room 119 north end and never heard a anything all night
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2012

If you like bed bugs...... it's the best place to stay

Room Tip: a park bench would have been better
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed here for one night after a delayed flight into Orlando, so we were tired and just wanted a bed for the night, should have looked at the rooms first, our fault. This is more like a truckers stop, the rooms are below average, not very clean and carpet disgusting, no coffee in room and when I asked at the desk the clerk said the coffee had not been delivered that morning, but that is not true as other reviews say the same thing,so they should not advertise that they have it. No continental breakfast available. We have stayed at a first class ABVI for the same price so although cheap it is not good value and there are much better around. I would never stay here again and could not recommend anyone to stay here other than a trucker.

Room Tip: I cannot add a tip to help travelers choose a good room as I doubt they have any good rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hunda
Reviewed 8 January 2012

was there on business for two day no in room coffee no contenial breakfeast and the restaurant was closed and when i ask about the coffie pot in the lobby was told it takes over 1 hour to make coffee but on the website these amenities were there. but were not i also heard the front desk people that it has been like that for 3 months. they need to fix it also the ice and the ice cream machines were broken

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank philip m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
19.7 km away
2.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa
2.3 km away
Best Western Cocoa Inn

Been to Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524? Share your experiences!