“Dirty! Staff is RUDE!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Reidsville, Georgia
“Dirty! Staff is RUDE!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I chose this hotel because of the park and cruise deal. BAD idea! When my mom and I arrived, the lady at the desk was very friendly and we were in our room very quickly. Once in the room we saw that the shower was disgusting! The shower curtain was moldy, the shower wall had hair and mold on it, the water pressure sucked, the bed creaked and was hard, and the phone didn't even have a phone cord! My mom went to the front desk to tell them about it and the guy was just rude to her, telling her that there was nothing he could do about it. We went on our cruise and came back just to find out that we were booked for a room that we didn't request!! When I told the guy that I didn't want the room and to cancel it, he told me that he couldn't and I would be charged for the room. Uhhh NO! I told him that I was not going to stay another night and that I was going back home, he said I would still be charged for the room and that there was nothing I could do about it. JERK! Anyway, I called the corporate office and they reimbursed me for the room that I didn't request and were very helpful in regards to the bad experience. I won't be back, that's for sure. By the way, the shuttle service was good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

daysinncocoa, General Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear guest, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I apologize for your being inconvenienced with the room. Unfortunately the hotel has a cancellation policy and when you stated to the front desk clerk you decided to drive home and not stay there was nothing they could do about the policy. On a last note... I am trying to find out why if you had not booked a room why there was a reservation made and how it came about that you knew of it and wanted it cancelled yet never made it. I will look into this further and see if mistakes were made by either party involved and what our hotel can do to assure it doesn't happen again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Czech first
Sussex
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The rooms were disgusting, I would use a harsher word if I knew one! We were in a non-smoking room and the smell was horrible. I know the carpet had not been vaccumed this year. There were drink/cup rings on the bed side table, so oobviuosly it had never been washed down. There were 2 microwaves in our room???? If one was broken...why not remove it?? The fridge was dirty and had a white powdery substance all over it. There was a dirty face cloth hanging in the shower over the rod!!!! We slept in our clothes with our shoes on. We did check for bed bugs and were grateful we never found any. I guess that was a plus.
The breakfast consisited of bottle juices and pre-packaged danishes ect... There we signs up telling us onlyto take 3 items. There was one pot of coffee with a sign up saying that it takes 1hr to brew another pot!!! I would never stay here again and this hotle definately gives Days Inn a bad name!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your input on your stay. Please accept my apologies for the misrfotune you had here and know that we are doing everything possible to correct any issues we have in our rooms. Unfortunately these things take time, but you should not have had to have a bad experience at the hotel. I hope you do give us another try in the future so we can see if our improvements are satisfactory.

Travellers are raving about these Cocoa hotels

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was such a terrible place to stay.... Got roped in because of the shuttle/cruise parking combo but we were so miserable we didn't even stay for the shuttle. We just couldn't wait to get out of here. Booked a room with a king or queen got a double with the mattress all broken down and saggy. When I complained they said they were completely booked and couldn't help me. Worst hotel I've stayed in a long time. Oh, forgot to mention stinky smell, burn holes in carpet and bed, and layers of dirt around the walls and ac unit.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
daysinncocoa, General Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for the comments posted on the site. It is unfortunate you didn't have a pleasant stay. The hotel is now under new management and we are working very hard to resolve past issues and make every stay for every guest an enjoyable one. Maybe in the future you can try our hotel again and personally let me now how we are doing with our improvements.

Respectfully,
Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This place has gotten better since the last time I had to stay there. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was better than I thought it would. The room smelled like a hunting camp when I first walked in and it took a while for the room to cool down. I would stay there again for a night but wouldnt recommend it to people that are in Cocoa for work. Some how they keep managing to not keep a restaraunt open onsite and there are no other places to eat within walking distance for those of us who would like a drink with our dinner and not risk driving.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on our site. I am glad you returned to our hotel and gave us another try. The hotel is now under new management and we are working very hard to make every stay a pleasant one. The restaurant is now going to be operated by the hotel rather than a third party and we are working to have that open by the third week of May. Hopefully when you return it will be much more pleasant for you and you will stay for multiple nights.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We chose this location because of the shuttle service to the cruise ships, which I have to say was excellent compared to other motels I have used. We all piled into the van, he took us straight to the terminal and when we got off, we called and they were there within 10 minutes to pick us up and take us back to the motel to get our car.
Our room was clean and there were no signs of bugs as indicated in other reviews. The bathroom was clean with no sign of mildew. The only problem we had was that the ice machine was broken and my daughter needed to ice her ankle so we had to go to a gas station and buy cups of ice to use. They do have a very nice pool area but it was late when we arrived so we didn't get to check it out.
Their continental breakfast consisted of pre-packaged donuts and pastries, bottles of juices and coffee - nothing fancy and very limited.
I would stay here again but only as a last resort. I had to pay $79.95 which was way too high for what was offered and the night shift was more interested in discussing a co-worker to be concerned with us.

Room Tip: I didn't see an elevator so if you don't want to climb stairs, ask for a bottom floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelinggrandma001
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please note that we are under new management and are striving to do our best to make POSITIVE changes. I do apologize for our staff and it made you feel the way you did. Compared to the other hotels in the area who offer cruise packages I do know that our price and value is the best. The restaurant was not open unfortunately but should be open by mid-May and we hope when you take your cruise next year you will try us again and let us know the difference.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I booked the Days Inn because of shuttle service and free parking while on a cruise out of Port Canavaral. We booked February 8, 2012. Hotel value for dollar when cruising. But they are hooked up with Royal Shuttle. This shuttle service is a nightmare. Seatbelts dont work in their van and yes you will need them is driven by person named Todd. While driving he was on cell phone and almost got us killed. I had to tell driver to pay attention to the road. I then realized why a girl got out at our hotel and it wasnt her destination she was terrified. When we were done our cruise we called Royal Shuttle to come pick us up and 2.5 hours later and we were only 4 people left to be picked up and still waiting. We called several times and they kept telling us 10 minutes. We called the hotel. All we heard were complaints regarding Royal Shuttle. The days Inn reversed charges on all our rooms they were great. Stay away if they are still using Royal Shuttle. Patrick from Port Colborne, ON Canada

Room Tip: dont pick this hotel is they are still using Royal Shuttle for cruise service. If they changed it is...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Farwell, Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2012

i have been there 2 different times and never had a bad visit. comfortable and seemed to be safe place. staff was friendly. room was clean

Room Tip: i stayed in room 119 north end and never heard a anything all night
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa
19.9 km away
20.1 km away
Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites
2.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa

Been to Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524? Share your experiences!