“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Beech Creek, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a diamond in the rough. Not super fancy, but clean and certainly pretty enough. Wonderful view of ocean from my room on 4th floor, and an incredibly well planned and organized handicap accessible room. This room was better for accessibility than any room I had been for a month long vacation from PA to Key West Fl and Back. We stayed ina total of about 10 hotels, all of which cost more this one. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: For a view of the ocean, you need to be at least on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FourPointsMangement, Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at the Cocoa Beach Suites. We try to provide a great value to all of our guests and I’m happy that you feel this is what you received.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

The location of the hotel is nice. It's about one block and half from the beach. We had 6 adults with us on vacation and the room was not large enough for us. The room wasn't cleaned a portion of our trip and when we called to ask why they made excuses. They don't have a swimming pool. They did allow us to use two pools in the area but do not provide a shuttle service for the one pool which is about 3 miles down the road. Also the microwave barely worked, the hot water on the sink didn't work, and don't be fooled when you shower because the hot water is the cold water. Over all the hotel wasn't awful but it wasn't worth the price. I would no stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FourPointsMangement, Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time tell us about your stay. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we take our guests comments seriously. I would like to address some of your concerns. First, I do apologize that you felt our family suites were not large enough for 6 adults. All Family Suites are 600 square feet, the largest in the area and can sleep up to 6 guests with one king bed and two double beds. Also, all rooms should have been cleaned daily and I do apologize that this is not what occurred.

Second, the hotel does not have a pool onsite. We make every effort to let our guests know of this prior to arriving at the hotel and it is posted on our website. We allow guests to use our sister hotel’s pool that is 2 blocks away (about the same distance from the hotel to the beach). The hotel does not have a shuttle service but it is with in walking distance if you would like to swim.

Furthermore, we do apologize for the inconvenience with the microwave. We have chosen a hospitality grade microwave in all rooms. These microwaves may or may not produce the same wattage as the ones we use in our homes, but we do this for the safety of our guests and the hotel.

Lastly, hot water is essential to our guests this is why the hotel has invested in a circulating hot water system that provides hot water continuously to each room. For guest safety the water temperature is pre set to a certain temperature so as to not be harmful to our guests. We do apologize for your experience and have since investigated your concern with management and did not find any issues with the system.
Puerto La Cruz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is the second time and the second review I have written about the facility. The physical plant is wonderful; the rooms large and very clean. The internet in the rooms is a hardwired ethernet based system. A new company has purchased the hotel and changed the name from Quality Suites. I was told all the ethernet cables in the rooms are broken and for two days I requested a new cable. Only one was delivered the first afternoon when I checked in and it was defective. The staff never delivered another one for the two days I was there. I was told by the desk manager that the new owners don't want to put any money into the old system and want to install a wifi system, but are hesitant to spend the money at this time. There is wifi in the lobby if that works for you. No compensation of any kind, except worthless apologies were offered for this lack in services.

Room Tip: Room 507 has two windows facing the beach on the Atlantic Ocean. This is also the quieter side of th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CaptMichael
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cocoa Beach Suites for a second time. We value your business! I do apologize for the desk agent providing incorrect information about the ownership of the hotel. The hotel has not been sold. The same company that owned and managed the Quality Suites made the decision to leave Choice Hotels and make Cocoa Beach Suites an independent hotel in 2011. Since then we have continuously invested money into the hotel in multiple areas such as family suites, exterior, guest laundry, and new and additional bedding.
Additionally, we do apologize for your issues regarding the Ethernet cables. We should have provided you with a working cable during your stay. Since your stay we have inspected all cables in rooms, replaced any defective cables and supplied the front desk with extras in order to provide our guests the customer service they deserve.
Longmont, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was probably a choice hotel twenty years ago but it is on the run-down side now. Don't be fooled by the pleasant picture and the new-looking paint job on the outside. The cable for the wired internet connection was completely trashed/broken in my room, and unusable. The elevator is likely the slowest on the space coast, and sometimes took five minutes to return to the ground floor. Even the front desk admitted it was turtle-slow!

If there was an upside to this place, it is about a ten-minute walk from the ocean, on lightly-traveled streets.

Service was helpful and genuine but they are handicapped somewhat by the condition of the place. The spa, for example, was closed for repairs.

I'm sure you can find a better deal in Cocoa Beach, including one that offers breakfast. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We value all guest comments and appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay.
The Cocoa Beach Suites hotel was built 10 years ago. Recently we changed the name from Quality Suites to Cocoa Beach Suites in August 2011. Ownership and management has not changed. The hotel has been updated in several areas inside and out. Under normal use things break but we attempt to repair and/or replace these items as quickly as possible. We have since repaired the Jacuzzi and it's up and running for our guests. I do apologize for your issues you had during your stay with the Ethernet cable, this should have been fixed immediately. The hotel has repaired and replaced all cables and also provided the front desk with extras for guests to use if needed.

Also, I apologize for the inconvenience the elevator may have had during your trip. One elevator is standard for less than a 50 room hotel and when the hotel is busy the elevator may take a minute or two longer than normal.
Suntree, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The reviews I see are relatively negative. Evidently those folks have never stayed at a really bad hotel. I found it roomy and quiet. I am local so I didn't care about the view or the beach. I booked one night and stayed the next night too. If you need a place to center out of this is a good value. Believe me I have stayed at Ritz too so I DO know there is a difference.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received a good value. We look forward to seeing you again at the Cocoa Beach suites.
Vancouver,BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The hotel itself and the furniture looked old but that was as expected for a budget hotel. We arrived late and had an early flight so all we wanted to do was sleep. My oldest son crawled into bed only to recoil right away. There was a big spot (about the size of a netbook) of wet urine in the middle of the bed. The floor next to my daughter's bed was soaked so that your feet got wet if you walked in that area! When we phoned the front desk we were told there weren't any family suites available but they could bring up a cot. When we complained through our booking agent we were told that the manager of the suites stated "that the condition of the room was acceptable" ... so if you accept urine-wet beds and soaked floors (with what is another question) then this is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: Here's the best tip for getting a good room .... go across the street to a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PoCoSaf
Hannibal, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Where to begin...I don't think this hotel is very old, yet it's very run down. The furniture is old and oudated. We were on the 4th floor and when we got off of the elevator the hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. There were signs posted for no smoking in the rooms and on the elevators, but people were smoking somewhere. When we got in our room it also smelled of cigarette smoke, not old stale smoke like the previous people had smoked in our room, but as if someone was smoking in the room next to us and it was coming through the ventallation system. The AC in the front room didn't cool very well and the couch was broken. I went to plug my laptop into the high speed internet and the cable was broken so I had to take my laptop downstairs and use the front desk wi-fi connection. The rooms were not real clean and the beds were not comfortable at all. The hot tub was broken and they didn't have a pool, so we had to walk three blocks to use their sister hotel's pool. The ocean view rooms are ocean view from a block and half away and there are no balconies, so if you want ocean view be sure you're on a high floor. The best thing about this hotel was the front desk clerk. I believe his name was Kyle who was there overnight by himself. I called down to have sheets brought up to our room and he told us we had to come get them because he was by himself. I was just not impressed by this hotel at all. I'm not generally a complainer, but there is little if anything at this hotel to celebrate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family