“nice place to stay and enjoy all”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Shelton, Connecticut
“nice place to stay and enjoy all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

This place was a great place to stay for the value. It is located right on the beach. It has a pool with a poolside bar and is located right next to the Cocoa Beach Pier. You also have places nearby to walk to if you wish. There is a 7/11 down the street. Ron Jons is a short walk away and there is a Publix grocery store across the street (A1A). The clerk that helped us out at the front desk (Kindani was his name) was very helpful, very polite and always smiled. There is no restaurant here however there is a very nice continental breakfast with cereal, bananas, yogurt, homemade waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, bagels, juice, coffee, tea, milk....etc. The ladies who handle this are very polite and fill what is empty and have patience (because sometimes children are running around and the parents dont watch them). You have to have patience too because with a continental breakfast, some people act as iff they never had eggs before. The rooms were clean and it was recently updated however dont expect a "Hyatt" or anything like that but its nice for the value. Its just clean and perfect for beach vacation. I always check rooms before I sleep anywhere and I was fine and not disgusted. The bathroom was clean too. The floor was wood not carpet (which some people dont like) but I personally liked it because carpets beachside can be gross and hold a lot of sand. The cleaning ladies mopped them too and they worked very hard. All the employees there were very polite and curtious and did their job to the "T" even the boy who went around picking up towels and making sure the trash was always empty. I was very pleased with this place. (oh...and the rooms have a microwave, coffee machine, and little fridge). Some of the reviews read that the music from the pier is loud but it is not. If the door is closed to your balcony, you cannot hear the music and so what if you can, its nice Florida music!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the partial view room. You can see the ocean, Pier, pool and the wind isn't too crazy...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank live4fla
lq6408gm, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Here at the LaQuinta we continually strive for oustanding guest satisfaction. We are always grateful when a guest takes the time to write. Please feel free to conatct us direct in the event you might plan a future stay, We are here for you,

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Lakeland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We had an oceanfront room on the 3rd floor and it was wonderful. Great value for the price and the view spectacular! The included breakfast is okay and there is a good variety. The staff are very efficient!

Room Tip: Definitely worth it to pay a bit more and get oceanfront but aim for 3rd floor and above!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ClarkLakeland
It is always so great to hear the term "relaxing" when it comes from our guests. We know how important vacation time can be for our guests as we can both agree their never seems to be enogh of it. We look forward to having you again in the near future! Thank you again for taking the time to write!

cocoa beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hello,

I live locally and had a corporate meeting here for the second year in a row. About 15 people for three days...everything was great! Allison and team helped plan and set up a wonderful experience for my team! We will be back!

Great location...you can walk to everything you need!

Room Tip: Worth the ocean front rate!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lizmahaney
It was our pleasure to have you and your group! We look forward to next year. Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Please let me know when you are making plans for next years meeting, We are here for you!

Kalamazoo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Aside from the always dirty floors (they are fake wood, and were sticky) the stay was great! Breakfast was nice and plentiful, even when it was busy. Loved the short walk to the beach and close restaurants. We parked the car and didn't need it until it was time to check out. Ron jon's gives 15 % off with room key.

Room Tip: Ocean front for sunrise!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MAZALFLL
On beahalf of myself and the entir staff we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Paige in our breakfast room strives to provide outstanding customer service as does the rest of our staff. We look forward to having you again in the near future!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I have used this hotel for over 20 years and accept all the minor little niggling deficiencies of the hotel which are more than offset by the friendliness of the staff. The primary reason we have been loyal customers and travel all the way from Liverpool England to this hotel is for just one thing, THE VIEW. However, since the hotel was taken over by La Quinta Inns we have noticed some change. In past years we were able to directly Email the manager with a specific room request and it worked extremely well. Even up to last year we were able to Email the then manager Lani who was kind and extremely helpful. This year we have Emailed head office and written to the hotel direct with no response. It would be a tragedy if this great little hotel lost its quirky character and became like the many soulless corporate hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ian L
lq6408gm, Public Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Hello Sir,
I am so glad we were finally able to make contact. I look forward to having you. Please let me know if their is anything else we can do to help you plan your up coming visit,

Orlando, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We checked in on a Monday night at 1am and when I came in I was told I was in an Ocean View room although we paid and had a receipt for a Ocean Front room. I explained to the guy that was working the front desk what I had paid for and showed my e-mail confirmation from Expedia.com and he replied "maam, we are at capacity and if you would have booked directly thru us I could honor that but I cant do anything for you," The young man checked me in without checking or asking for my ID or CC which made me feel a bit unsafe about who is staying next to me. This was a spontaneous trip for us and before I booked the hotel online the same day I called to make sure they had cribs and they informed me they had pack-n-plays for my 16 month old to sleep on. I took their world for it and when I got there the young man said that they never have them, I explained that I had called and they had told me they had some, so he got on the phone with someone I can only assume was his manager and in fact they did have some but since the hotel was at capacity they had given them all away, Now I had no place for my son to sleep on, no apology from the young man, for nothing that had gone wrong. He made a few suggestions, first that my son would sleep in the King bed with my husband and I, then that he would set us up in a room with 2 queen beds, which I still wouldn't have been able to sleep worrying about my son falling, not to mention how uncomfortable it would have been for my husband and I to share a queen bed, and then his final, to set up blankets on the floor for my son to sleep in. In only 20 minuted this trip was beginning to suck, I felt very disappointed since we had intentionally booked the most expensive hotel available on suck short notice. Since we are from Orlando, my husband ended up driving home (45 minutes away each way) to pick up a play-n-pack we had at the house, which took time away from us, all because there is no communication between employees.
I do have to say that the room (even the partial-ocean view) had a breathtaking view, we were in the 6th floor, which was the highest and we wouldn't have had it any other way.
The rooms were also clean, nicely decorated, but the after walking around barefoot I noticed my feel were very dirty.
The location is amazing, we were able to walk right to the beach.
The breakfast was good, it is served intil 10am, and when we got there at 930 am, there was barely anything left and when asked if they will bring some more yogurts the woman said that she doesn't have anymore, they stop bringing things out at 930 am.
Overall, great location, accommodations but very poor costumer service.

Room Tip: Top floor!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marie14ds
I am so sorry that you had such a negative experience. Please feel free to contact me direct in the event you would like to speak about this further,

Assistant Gneral Manager
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I enjoyed it and I think the whole family was in agreement. It was a wonderful location, loads of things to do close by and the beach was plenty close enough just a stroll down the walkway just off the pool. Pool was wonderfully heated just enough to take the chill off which we did not find with all the places we stayed on this trip. Nice little bar in the pool area and in the morning when the dining area filled up quickly (WAY too small for the amount of rooms) we ate our breakfast out on the patio and enjoyed the great weather and the sounds of the ocean.

Rooms were clean and well kept, their was a musty smell in our room and our kids room but a little good smelling disinfectant used in the bathroom or for mopping might have helped. Everyone had a nice little patio on their room and it was great to be able to hang your towel out to dry at the end of the day. The key cards didn't work most of the time and only after 3 or 4 tries would you be able to get into your room. It was the same for almost everyone up and down the hallways you could see folks trying to get into their rooms. Not the funnest part of the vacation.

Beds were comfortable but no one paid attention for our request for a king bed so don't even try. Guess you have to get a room higher up to get those kinds of accommodations.

Would go back again if going to Cocoa Beach to be sure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family