I attended a business conference at this grand old dame of a hotel. Gracious and with a history, it was a great backdrop to a meeting filled with discussion of 21st century topics like market inefficiencies, data analytics and infographics. We even lucked out and got a spontaneous tour of the property from the PR Director.
Now, for what you really care about: Rooms were beautiful. Bed was not bad, loved the pillows and the room was pretty quiet, especially since I was just off the elevator lobby. I lucked out and got a little balcony overlooking the front fountains, which were thankfully turned off during sleep hours (10-8?). See pic for view from my room, which was 10th floor, very center of the property, facing the front.
Didn't get to try out the nicer amenities (pool, spa, restaurants) but the catering quality was excellent and the bars (for after dinner conversation) were hospitable even though we stayed past closing. (One of the bars closed at 11, I don't quite have the stamina to stay up into the wee hours.)
Bellmen were gracious - they frequently stopped to say hello and ask how you were doing, even when you weren't doing anything more strenuous than riding in the elevator with them.
Wifi was included! Awesome, since our company doesn't allow us to pay for wifi separately. They also didn't limit us to having more than one device on the network. Since I had my laptop (for data needs) and my iPad (for on the fly email management), this was a plus. I was able to get my WSJ without eating up 3G capacity. :)
Front desk was a little slow at check in but, again, very gracious. Concierge directed us to a great restaurant off property. Wonderful service and I'd consider going back for vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Graced with effortless beauty and sophistication, The Biltmore Hotel is a national historic landmark located in the exclusive Coral Gables area with close proximity to Miami Beach and downtown Miami. The 273-room resort resembles classic Italian, Moorish, and Spanish architectural influences spread over 150-acres of tropical landscape. A favorite of world leaders and celebrities since its opening in 1926, the hotel offers a restored Donald Ross 18-hole, 71 par championship golf course, tennis courts, the largest hotel pool on the East Coast of the United States with private cabanas, a European spa, and an award-winning fitness center. The hotel's dining destinations include the award winning Palme d'Or, recognized by Zagat as one of the best restaurants in the country; Fontana, a traditional Italian restaurant surrounding The Biltmore courtyard and fountain; the poolside Cascade and the 19th Hole Golf restaurant. The hotel also recently unveiled its culinary academy offering an array of hands-on cooking classes for adults and children. The Biltmore is one of South Florida's preferred sites for leisure and business travel, high-level corporate briefings, public policy conferences, and an extraordinary wedding destination. The Biltmore is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables
- Biltmore Coral Gables
- The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables Florida