“Enjoyable!!!”

Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crawfordville
Reviewed 13 December 2009

We spent six days and five nights while spending Thanksgiving with relatives in the area. We found the hotel to be well set up and enjoyed the murals on the walls in the lobby. Our room was large and the beds were so comfortable!! The staff was most helpful and very nice. Breakfasts were quite adequate and we had more than enough from which to choose. We appreciate the eco-friendliness and participated in their efforts.
This charming Inn was very quiet, relaxing and we would consider making it a destination. We are looking forward to being guests again soon.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2009

We stayed at the Inn over a 5 day/4 night period. Rooms were very comfortable. The location was great for getting around the "forgotten coast". Local restaurants were very good (Hammanockers BBQ and Spring Creek Restaurant Seafood are highly recommended). Hotel has swimming pool, tennis courts, outdoor 'mini amphitheater' area for group activities or a wedding ceremony. We didn't get to eat at the onsite restaurant or play golf but both looked inviting and reasonably priced. The staff and management treated us right for such a lengthy stay. We highly recommend this hotel for the area and will very likely return to visit the local state parks and eco-tourism opportunities.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Redd&Bleu
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This was my third stay at the Inn and I simply love it. From the moment I stepped in to the bright and relaxing lobby it was a great experience. The staff is very friendly, very responsive and very helpful! And, the rooms are amazing! I wasn't expecting it to be so large. I like that they are eco-friendly and strive to reduce their footprint, and mine, on the environment. The trip in July was the first time I had been able to enjoy the pool since the two previous trips were in the winter months. The pool was clean and I stayed in until I thought the wrinkles weren't going to come out. The continental breakfast has good variety and you won't go away hungry. The grounds are lovely and the restaurant next door has good food as well. There are several beaches in the area not to mention the river. I recommend the Inn to all my friends traveling in that area and now I'm recommending it to you!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank T0va
Reviewed 19 November 2008

The premises was fabulous, and the food at the bistro were great, but the service from the front counter was absolutely horrible. The desk attendant was rude and snobby. I like the setting but will not go back due to the lack of good customer service.

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank justlookinaround1234
Reviewed 22 September 2008

We had occasion to stay at the Inn at Wildwood...and absolutley loved it. The rooms are clean, well appointed, and modern. I LOVED the shower....I am a fan of a strong shower and boy this place had it.
No dining available at the Inn except for a morning Continental (be sure to sample the "Manatee Coffee" I found it better then CostaRican), but on Friday evenings at the "Bistro" located right across the parking lot at the Golf Course, has New York steaks as the special... I rarely, if ever, write reviews, but this steak was one of the best I had ever ordered.
Staff, grounds, location.....and QUIET....were wonderful. If ever in the area again and in need of accomodations....There is no question where we will stay.
cb

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank shastany2
Reviewed 9 February 2008

Other than good coffee, this hotel had very few amenities. The room was stark, the mattress was hard as a rock, and the towels were scratchy. The place was also very noisy. They must have very thin walls and floors. I heard racous voices, slamming doors, heavy footsteps, blaring T.V.'s, and loud thumps all night and into the early morning. I did not sleep a wink. I had planned to stay two nights, but left after only one night.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank FloridaDaisygirl
Reviewed 11 June 2007

The staff was friendly and the room was large. There is space for golf clubs, etc. Nice decor, stone look floor in bath, with granite style countertops, bronze style sconces. No smoking rooms. Smoking only outside. Nice back patio with adirondack chairs. Beautiful small wood bridge from hotel to pool area. Rabbits in the grass! Bistro is a regular club house restaurant. Fireplace in lobby. Did not play golf but grounds looked nice. Rural roads, few roads signs, know your map and way back after dark.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank SFbeaches
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordville
2.7 km away
Econo Lodge North
#30 of 55 in Tallahassee
39.7 km away
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel

Been to Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn? Share your experiences!