“still a nice place to stay....staying on my yes list”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Savannah, Georgia
“still a nice place to stay....staying on my yes list”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My family and I stayed in this motel before and we really liked it so we reserved a room again for July 2011 for one night as a stop over on our way to Biloxi. This is still a nice place to stay. They still have the great smelling soap, shampoo, and hand lotions but I was not able to get extras this time. The clerk had a difficult time trying to charge my room to a pre paid visa card and kept telling me it had no funds on it though I know it did so I ended up paying with my debit which I was not really prepared for. Right after checking in we went to the Cracker Barrel right next door for dinner and the prepaid visa worked just fine. The smell of pool chlorine(indoor pool) was really strong when you were near the lobby and elevator area and I hope they tone that down before we return next year. It was raining a lot during our stay and the lobby tiles were a little slippery, a couple extra rugs on the floor during rainy days/nights would be nice. Overall still a great place to stay, decent rates, nice staff, good breakfast area and food items, clean, easy interstate access, great a/c, clean bathrooms, large TV, fuel & restaurants nearby. Yes I hope to stay again and would recommend to friends/family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AutumnBreeze911

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Stayed here on our way through. Very clean, excellent breakfast, great pool. Perfect place to lay your head and wear your kids out during a long road trip.

• Stayed July 2011
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Hotel is near new and very nice, set back from the highway. Large automatic entrance doors, a blessing. Has 2 - count them - large elevators serving 4 floors. Our king room was airy, decorated in a contemporary fashion, cool and quiet. It contained an upholstered chair and ottoman, desk and rolling chair, micro and fridge, thin screen TV. The vanity in the roomy bathroom has rather dim lighting. Nice shower but with an unusual type of control being the first of its kind that I have come across, with a little separate handle for water temp and the large one for flow. The breakfast was swell although light on fruit. There is a machine to make your own pancakes. Indoor pool was nice but the water in the spa had a dark cast to it and no bubbles while running. The ice machine on our floor wasn't working. Everything else here went fine and I would come back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGreatTheo
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had a fantastic stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel looks and smells clean and fresh. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room and bathroom were very clean and we had reliable internet. There is a nice indoor pool. We would definitely recommend staying here for any travel through the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We have been Priority Club members practically since the inception of Priority Club. Over many years driving I-10 between Texas and Florida, we always stayed at the previous full-service Holiday Inn hotel in Crestview and it was always a very comfortable experience with the full-service free-breakfast buffet and nice rooms. Our last stay many years ago made us sad because the quality had really gone downhill, and with the old-style outdoor-entry rooms, we did not feel safe and secure, so we regretfully said goodbye. Driving by the exit last year, we saw that a Holiday Inn Express was in Crestview. We booked for this recent trip and were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly, check-in was a breeze, and we were upgraded to a suite which was a very nice surprise. The breakfast area was spacious, clean, well-stocked and the food variety was wonderful. We are so happy that HL is back in Crestview.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We were traveling through and needed to stop for the night. Nice hotel, very comfortable and clean. Great breakfast selection.

• Stayed July 2011
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Check in was horrible - the guy checking guests in was trying to show off and actually did not do a very good job of it. When I asked if there were any suites available - I was told to "check the vending machine!" INSULT!! Also, I was asked if I was going to "utilize" the pull-out sofa in the suite - otherwise, he thought that I should be put in a regular room. I was booked for and willing to pay for a suite to begin with. It didn't matter if I was going to "utilize" the pull-out sofa or not. Checking out was the best experience!
Room was clean, bed was average. Not enough luggage carts.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank CajunKimo
CrestviewHIEX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our property. We are committed to providing genuine service and care to each guest who is visiting us. Unfortunately, it appears we did not achieve that goal during your stay and for that you have my deepest apologies. I do hope that in the future we may be given the chance to entertain you again as our guest and rebuild your trust in our hotel. Again, we greatly thank you for taking the time to review our property and will utilize your comments to continue improving ourselves in order to provide the best customer service possible.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
0.5 km away
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Crestview
21.4 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview? Share your experiences!