King's Bay Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$59
US$209
US$169
Hampton.com
Best Western Crystal River Resort(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$165
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
All reviewsspring fed poolnatural poolold floridacaptain waynefull kitchenwithin walking distancenatural springefficiency apartmentcrabcovered areastocked kitchenettesmall kitchenenjoyed our staycentral locationgrills and picnic tablespull out sofahunter springs
Reviewed January 10, 2018

What a fantastic little lodge. Growing up in the 1970s and 1980s, my family would travel from Illinois to Florida and we would stop at places like this along the way. Some would be not-so-good, some were so good I still think about them to this day.

King's Bay Lodge is one of those places in the latter category. Charming, picturesque, with that old Florida charm in the amenities, staff friendliness, and accommodations.

I was there on a dive trip, and this lodge is perfectly situated in Crystal River where I didn't need to rush to get to the shop in the morning, but off the road just enough where I you feel a little away from it all. The staff recommended a great place for dinner within walking distance (the Crab Plant), as was friendly in that Southern hospitality sort of way that big corporate hotel chains can't do authentically.

The hotel room was perfect - wish I had more time to catch my own fish and cook it up in the well apportioned kitchen. A/C kept the room at the perfect temperature, and the shower was ready with the hot water in morning and after the dive. Beds were nice and comfy. It's an old Florida lodge, but the amenities are stylish and from what I could gather, each room has it's own decor - so much better than cookie cutter hotels.

The pool was fantastic. Just dangled my legs, but it'll part of your vacation that you talk about.

All in all, can't wait to come back for a longer stay. Long Live the King's Bay Lodge!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Kings Bay L, Manager at King's Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

First let me say thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the lodge. Hope you come back and see us again in the future!!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2018

This motel boasts spacious and fully equipped rooms as well as a central location in Crystal River. Friendly staff. Bars and restaurants at a walking distance. I am knocking off 1 star for the mattress quality, it was very noisy and not particularly comfortable.

1  Thank HedonisteModerne
Kings Bay L, Manager at King's Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Thanks your your review!!! :)

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Do I need to say anything more?
Okay, okay. The prices were reasonable too, and I would have liked to try out the spring-fed pool, but it was dark and closed and the tide was way out, so I sat by the waters edge for a spell, enjoying listening across the water as the local musicians tried to approximate radio-quality top-40 hits from bygone days, and watching the fish jumping with wild desperation as mysterious patches of bubbles appeared to chase them across the inlet that this very enjoyable establishment is built up against.
Also the bed was super comfy!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We were there over New Years. The hotel on the outside (building) worn and old looking. The room was beautiful decorated inside. We had a king suite, had everything we needed for our stay. My only complaint would be....put up black out curtains or black out shades. I had a hard time sleeping with the light that came in. I like total darkness room. We were in room 16....I also noticed the 2 doors need some weather stripping there was a nice size gap and light coming in. The guy who works there was very polite and nice to talk to too. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Lori N
KBL18, Manager at King's Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thanks so much for your review!! We are currently working on these things, good to hear feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay and come back to see us!!

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Place called us as we were arriving late and setup for our arrival. Nice, spacious and great amenities for the price. Full size fridge and usable kitchen. We had a serious issue with our plumbing that seemed probable to be more than just our room. Couldn't find a way to contact them so notified them the next day and they gave us a different room as the plumber required more time to fix it. They made up for the hassle of having to move so very happy with the resolution.
Wife wished there was a larger vanity in the bathroom to put stuff and for a hair dryer. I had to turn on the water for her in Room 19 and adjust the shower head.
She is fairly small and even I at 230lbs required quite a bit of effort to pull knob out (plus it turned infinitely so wasn't sure where all the way hot or cold was initially and you have to turn it on through where the water stream comes out) Shower head was about 6.5 feet above floor so she was trying to jump to move it.
Even so, we will probably be coming down for longer stays annually and will reserve here again.
If you have a larger vehicle (I had a long diesel truck), the parallel parking can be tight for the lower number rooms. I parked near the office where there is easier extra parking. Someone also took my spot after we returned for the night so can park there if someone is a parking hog.
There is a natural spring fed pool that I soooo wanted to get in, but considering it was close to freezing near our stay, I chickened out.

1  Thank Jeff B

Thank you for the review and feedback!!! Hope to have you come back in the future!!!