1,807 results
All reviewsgolf coursedive shopgrounds are beautifulmanatee touradventure centershuffle boardsunset cruisewater viewwet suitsmain buildinghot tubold floridagreat weekendscallopsmusty smellstayed longerboat rentals
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Really loved this hotel, my son loved it so much he didn't to leave to travel to orlando and go to discovery cove etc. We stopped for three nights from the 27th - 31st Dec, and stopped in the Rose section.

Breakfast was alacarte but very nice, the dining room was being done out and our last morning there was big queue so had to miss breakfast- this should be resolved soon with the opening of a refurbished dining room which i am sure will be lovely. Ate dinner once but there is some lovely places to eat locally , try crackers for something but there are several chains sucha applebees very close too.

Homosassa spring national prak is about 5 miles awy and that is worth going to and only costs about 13 dollars to get in and includes a boat ride.

Our room was lovely with all the amenties needed including tissues in the room. Bed very comfortable. We had a ground floor room overlooking the canal and lawns in rose

Did not have any problems with bites etc. in fact the only bites we got on the whole hols were after waling in some grass when back in orlando.

In orlando we stopped at the hyatt cypress garden which is ultra modern and has lots of facilities.

to be honest it would be a hard call to say which i would prefer, they were both lovely but different. The manatee snorkel was great but wished they had gone the three sisters spring first to gain confidence as this was more shallow. Also i have never snorkelled and maybe should have had a practice in the pool first .... but it was till fab. I think our instructor was called paul who was really helpful an d supportive of my son when he got a bit nervous.

We ate in the hotel but there are lots of other places too, and the reception were very happy to give you info and directions etc.

They have croquet and other games along the beautiful lawns.

And a final word for the AVEDA spa, i had a massage but it was really spacial and made into more of a treatment with a foot spa to begin, the therapist was excellent and also eagre to give suggestions after the treatment about places to go.

All staff were very friendly, more so than at the Hyatt. I really couldn't fault anything. Would go back just for the laid back and realxing atmosphere, definitely somewhere different and special
........ a hidden gem.

Room Tip: Don't miss the spa, ask for a ground floor room overlooking the canal. Try local places to eat. manatee swim is fab.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TTPCoDurham
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Although this is a lovely hotel and a perfect place to stay before or after swimming with the amazing manatees, I need to warn people that since staying there last week, I am now covered in bed bug bites. I have never had bed bug bites before and this is the only hotel I've stayed at in the last three weeks. I don't like to make accusations but after reading the bed bug warning from the person who stayed there in November, I have to wonder about this hotel. I did a quick check of the mattress when I was there but failed to do a thorough search, which I now regret. I will contact the hotel to let them know.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CoboTraveller
Abartlett22, General Manager at Plantation on Crystal River, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear tripadvisor member and Valued Guest ,

We are happy you enjoyed your manatee experience and that you rated us a three out of five in your review. We appreciated that there are bugs in Florida especially what native Floridians know as “No see ums” but we do not have a Bed Bugs. The Plantation on Crystal River was purchased at the beginning of 2011 by a new owner. Our new ownership has a history of finding once beautiful thriving hotels such as the Plantation and restoring them to a former excellence as seen through our company’s hotel portfolio. We have just finished a major renovation in which all the bedding and mattresses in the three main buildings are brand new. We find the accusations in this review to be unfounded. The Plantation has no infestation which can be documented through our regular service records and inspections by professionals in this related field and we would be happy to share them.

As we value tripadvisor and you as a member and a hotel guest we the management team at The Plantation On Crystal River would like to extend an invitation to you. We invite you back to stay with us and enjoy the beauty of our property and product as well as the surrounding area.

Please feel free to contact me personally.

Andrew Bartlett

Reviewed January 3, 2012

checked in here for a wedding and noticed that the grounds are beautiful. The rooms however need improvement. There are no tissues in the room. if you have to blow your nose you must use TP. Some in the group had to change rooms due to a musty odor in the room. The bed was very comfortable. the golf course across the street was beautiful and had many players on a cool morning. The staff was very accomodating. we did not dine in the restaurant but heard no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sp5ive
Reviewed December 18, 2011

WE stayed for four nights over Thanksgiving.. the property is under new ownership again.. this was our 6th trip in 5 years. Love the old school charm. Love the golf course on the property.. staff is friendly.. they have a great Fitness center in one of the buildings. They don't promote it enough. It is awesome. The food here is great... a little expensive but dinners and lunches are really good. We just can't find the charm anywhere else as we do at the Plantation.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Golfsunnut
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed here this summer back in July as we were traveling through Florida on our way to Gulf Shores Alabama to spend a week with my family. We had some time between our stay with friends down in Orlando, and spending the week in Gulf Shores. I had never heard of this place, but my wife found it on the internet. I wanted to play some Florida golf, and this was one of three places I got to play there. Upon arriving we found the resort to be very nice. I loved the retro feel of the place. Check in was easy. Our room was clean and comfortable. This resort would be great for our family reunions, if we could just get some of the members to drive down there to it! :) We had a delicious lunch, and the waitress was very nice and told us some of the history of the resort. I could just imagine this place had a million stories to tell. The next morning I had a tee time at the golf course there. My wife and I had breakfast there. Everything was delcious. The golf course was in great shape. On the first hole, there was a pond behind the green. When I got to the green I looked over into the pond and there was an alligator. Don't see many of those where we live in Georgia. Had a nice round of golf. Afterwards we checked out and continued on our journey. We did use the pool while we were there. It was refreshing and cool. We hope to return next summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple