1,812 results
All reviewsgolf coursedive shopgrounds are beautifulmanatee touradventure centershuffle boardsunset cruisewater viewwet suitsmain buildinghot tubold floridagreat weekendscallopsmusty smellstayed longerboat rentals
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This is a trip back in time. Crystal River is an old west Florida town.

Accommodations are limited and tend toward the types of facilities that seem to be a black & white travel card that should have a fleet of cars with tail-fins parked around them. This is a nice facility, maybe as nice a "resort-type" setting as there is to be found here. But understand: to enjoy this stay takes an anticipation of, and an appreciation for a "retro" experience.

If you are a traveler unwilling to accept the appearance of a plaster repair and an occasional spot of mold in damp corners, keep rolling -- Orlando (with Disney maintenance standards) is three hours away. If you do, however, you will miss out on a wonderful experience. Nothing here is "five star" but it is a great experience and a lot of fun. The Manatees are wonderful and monstrous. The Live Oaks, resplendent with Spanish Moss are a visual treat.

While the facility itself has its wants, the staff is exemplary. Plantation staff were some of the most helpful, accommodating, enthusiastic over-achievers I have ever met in the hospilatity industry. From desk to wait-staff to groundskeepers, this is a WONDERFUL group on people. I will return here, and recommend the Plantation to friends because of them.

Room Tip: Rooms on water my favorite, some might be bothered by early-morning boaters / fishermen in dock area. Villas on golf course - quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Had a fabulous time with Capt. Brian and our great guide, Lance! They were wonderful!!! We had the best time snorkeling up close to the Manatees!! We highly recommend this to anyone living here or visiting!!! Thank you again!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Peter M, Guest Relations Manager at Plantation on Crystal River, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. We appreciate your feedback, it's always wonderful to hear about our guest experience and we're glad you had fun swimming with the manatees! Hope to see you again soon!!

Sincerely
Sandra Whitesell
Guest Service Manager
The Plantation on Crystal River

Reviewed October 6, 2017

I booked this hotel because it had 5-star reviews on the Choice Hotels website and after the date for cancellation had passed, I came across a negative review on Tripadvisor about moldy smells in the rooms. I called and was assured there had never been a complaint in the building my rooms would be in. Unfortunately when I arrived late on a Saturday night, the two rooms I was given had an overpowering smell of mold.

There were no mold-free rooms available on a Saturday night. The next day they did upgrade me to a newer, renovated building without extra charge, but only after I threatened to cancel the rest of my reservation.

A lot of people have allergies to mold, some severe like me, and they really shouldn't be booking people into these rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a renovated building, but be prepared to pay!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2017

I have stayed at the Plantation several times before and it has always been a nice experience. We are staying there this coming weekend and I hope that our review will continue to be complimentary. What I would like to comment on is a lady in the reservations dept who went above and beyond helping with my reservation. Her name is Leah. She helped with the right room, getting my choice card information, and more. How nice to find an employee that knows what "service" still means. Review to be continued after our stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cherylg885
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We went there to see the Manatees and were in the right place
The rooms were not new but they were spotlessly clean and large and the noise minimal as the hotel have went to the trouble of carpeting the hallways (A pet bugbear of mine) therefor cutting down the noise element .
We did not eat in the Hotel but a friendly local advised us to go to a Inn called Body's
Up the road but there see so many outlets no need to go to that one in particular
Would go back to there if I was ever back in the area

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple