We wanted to stay in a resort near Homosassa State Park. We drove through Homosassa and Crystal River and came upon the Plantaion resort. It looked just like a plantation you would find in Gone With the Wind. I walked into the front desk and the clerk gave us a room with a patio with a King bed, fridge, and microwave for $109 per nite plus tax. We felt it was a great price for such an elegant resort. The pool area was beautiful. The pool was heated which was great because it was about 50 degrees the night we stayed. It also had an outdoor hottub that was wonderful except that it turned my blonde hair green from the chlorine (that was the only negative of our stay). It is located on the river connecting to the gulf. It is a sprwaling resort with gorgeous well maintained grounds and it's own golf course. The Plantation is the ONLY 4 star plus resort in the area. A hidden gem with fantastic employees in the middle of the Florida country side. There were manatees in the river surroundiung the property. Great food and super fast room service. I would recommend this property to couples or singels lookeing for a quiet getaway to an uoscale property outside of the crazy Tampa tourist area. This is real Florida (even though you feel like you are on a Georgia Plantation). Super large rooms and very quiet. Never heard another guest. Rooms also had individually controlled heat and central air. Will definetly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our crystal river hotel is a beautiful 50-year-old, 232 acre eco-friendly resort offering comfortable accommodations, a full service spa, and is surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay in Crystal River is one of the largest aquifers in the state and home to more than 400 West Indian manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. Our onsite activities range from golf to boating and fishing with so much in-between and we offer several specials and packages to help sculpt your perfect vacation! There's always something fun to do at Plantation on Crystal River! The services and activities included in your resort fee are meant to give you, your family and friends multiple ways to enjoy your time with us. The following is a list of all activities and services covered by the resort fee of $17 per night. WiFi Beach chairs, umbrellas, towels Free play on our 9 hole golf course Driving range Outdoor heated lagoon pool Hot tub Fitness Center Tennis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River