“Coffee & Dessert”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Loved it!
Stopped by after dinner to get some of their famous chocolates and found out that they have a quaint lil' restaurant as well.
Loved the atmosphere...
Very friendly service and the
cappuccino and dessert were
delicious!
Would definitely come back.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

Jimmie's Chocolate's has been making great chocolate since 1947. Their store in Dania Beach offers a great variety of delicious chocolates, and their restaurant, Jimmie's Cafe 47, in an adjacent historic house, offers a great menu of Caribbean inspired salads, burgers, Tapas and other main dishes and daily specials. Open for lunch and dinner, they offer outdoor and indoor seating, a great variety of wines and craft beers, and excellent service. Prices are very reasonable. This little restaurant is excellent, a nice quiet place to enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed May 30, 2016

We stopped in this little outdoor cafe actually hoping for something light (think sandwiches) for dinner. It's a nice little patio area, and we were the only ones there. After scanning the prices for a full meal, we decided on a couple of appetizers and maybe a dessert to-go. We got the Red Pepper Hummus and the Blue Corn Nachos. Both were absolutely wonderful! Unfortunately, our server was not--she only came to check on us once, and my girlfriend ended up actually stepping inside to get her to come out so we could see what they had for dessert. (with empty glasses and mosquitoes biting us even WITH the bug spray they provide each table.) She brought our check while we waited for the dessert, which seemed to take forever (although that part was worth it--the chocolate smothered cheesecake was so fluffy and to-die-for.) She finally returned with my credit card and check....glad I checked the to-go bag because she had not included silverware for the desserts, and I had to go inside and ask for some. I would definitely go back for the food, but not if she was our server---I NEVER tip under 20%, but I did in this instance because the service would be considered substandard for a chain restaurant, much less a nicer, more expensive location such as this.

Reviewed March 30, 2016

This wonderful bistro sells itself short. Beside the busy US1 highway but hidden away behind palms and shrubs a sign says Jimmies Chocolates. So in the past 4 years we have never called in. Only by chance did I read that they offered good dinners did we decide to call in.
So firstly we called into the chocolate shop before closing and chose form a delectable range of hand made chocolates, the problem being when to stop!
Package in hand we made our way into the restaurant and climbed up into the intimate dining area.
Fabulous selection of over 50 wines and a select but hard to choose from menu- everything sounded so interesting and tasty. But One Tripleta and one Snapper later and we were to find ourselves eating the best meal we have yet enjoyed in fort lauderdale in 4 years of visits and were usually here for 2-3 months each year.
The chef has his craft down to a fine art, an excellent knowledge of food combinations to keep you satisfied throughout your meal. A wonderful culinary experience.
We hadn't room for dessert but will no doubt venture back soon.
Once home we tried out Triple dip Chocolate Oreos and believe me Oreo's will never be the same again.
Don't miss out on this true treasure, dont drive by turn in and treat yourself.

Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

So this is a hidden treasure, a hole in the wall amazing place. Please enjoy and keep it secret but tell everyone ! (I know I know tough) but everything there from the food to the service to the vibe is all super! Gourmet in Dania