“Bizarre evening!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Came with a friend for dinner - place was empty at 7 on Friday! We ordered separate checks and I ordered edamame to start and the. Hibachi shrimp and veggies which came with miso soup and salad. My friend got teriyaki beef with veg - we didn't want rice. The owner said - would you like the edamame first and we said yes. Next thing we knew her meal came out with soup and salad, then my soup and salad came and nothing else! Waited 10 minutes - still no edamame. Owner and hostess sat to eat dinner!! We were incredulous and asked for the edamame which then came. My dinner came 15 minutes later and my friends meal sat getting cold as she was politely waiting for me! Staff sat there eating and on phones!!! We then asked for my meal and they said because we ordered separate checks our meals were not going to come together! We said you can see we are here together having dinner - could you time it so we could eat together and they apologized but it was SO bizarre!

Food and sake good - service and atmosphere non existent!

Reviewed July 20, 2017

I ate here 3 times over 2 weeks and also ordered a takeaway. Service was fast. Sushi was fresh and tasty. Value was excellent. Sushi Lunch special (Miso soup, salad with ginger dressing, 8 pieces California roll and 4 pieces sushi) was an incredible $8.99. We had pork gyoza followed by a sushi platter with some additional a la carte sushi for dinner. Again, great value and very tasty, all washed down with a bottle of Sapporo beer. When we ordered takeaway bento boxes, they were ready for collection in 15 minutes.

The restaurant is a little small and dark inside. It wasn't very busy any time that we visited. There was seating at the sushi bar and also at tables.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

This restaurant is small, but clean. The food was cooked to order and fresh. You can watch the guy make your sushi. Price was reasonable and affordable.

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Nice, clean little restaurant. Staff was friendly and service was great. We ordered 4 different sushi rolls (they were delicious with a nice presentation)and hibachi dinners (large portions and very tasty). My husband was disappointed with the soup (as compared to the soup from our area hibachi restaurants up in Ohio). Over all our family really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

First time here, I usually drive to Winter Haven. I wanted to try some place closer anyway really good and fresh. I had the Tuna avocado roll with soy paper. Also ordered Tuna shichimi very fresh tasting. Will be returning.