“nice family meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in Posner Park shopping plaza Davenport Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2016

We ate here on a family trip to Orlando. It was my wife, five of our children and I. We called ahead and they had a table waiting for us when we arrived. The food and service where great and the prices are very reasonable. My son had the NY Strip and he loved it. My wife had the chicken parm and I had the lasagna they were both homemade and very good.

1  Thank jimjake38

Reviewed June 18, 2016

Went with a friend to try this out. The food quality was superb, but the service left something to be desired. Filled my water glass once, but could not get their eye anytime we tried (and we tried quite a few times!). We were the only ones in the restaurant!

Reviewed May 27, 2016

Several years ago I reviewed D'Oro Palazzo Italian Restaurant. At the time I described the eatery as ,"A hidden jewel'. While conceding that the restaurant lacked in environment, I/ we found the food to be "exceptional". Unfortunately, our most recent return visit last evening has caused us to re-evaluate our assessment; and not for the better. The owner changed the menu and offerings have been substantially reduced. Gone is the fabulous D'Oro Filet and many of the signature pasta and seafood dishes. Instead, what you now have is a strip-mall version of a small 'Olive Garden', without the benefit of unlimited salad and breadsticks. Even the desert menu has been slashed and the once spectacular Crème Brule is missing in action (We were advised that, 'The new chef couldn't get in right. It was too watery." My wife ordered the 'Italian Wedding Soup' but it was presented as a broth with rice and spinach but no meatballs.

Although difficult to imagine, the ambience has taken a turn for the worse as well. Our appetizers were delivered and, without exaggeration, three minutes .later our entrees arrived. Obviously, we had to decide which course to address. We chose to finish the appetizers with the hope that the entrees would remain acceptably hot. Bad choice. The entrees cooled very quickly and were only warm when consumed. How disappointing !

D'Oro Palazzo was never overwhelmed with patrons. This was likely functions of its location and lack of ambience. Now, customers are sparse; even on what would typically be considered a potentially busy night. The quality of the food was what brought us here. The inferiority of the food and the lack of value is what will cause us to eat elsewhere. How very sad.

1  Thank Achimmah
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Went here with a family member and we seated ourselves after the owner said "hello". A very un-personable waitress asked me what I wanted to drink. I don't even think she told me her name. Before this we had already switched tables because there was a dead roach lying upside down on the other table. I ended up leaving and going to Sweet Tomatoes along Highway 1-92; a long drive but worth it. All-in-all, as a local, I would not recommend. The the only reason I gave D'oro Palazzo 2 stars is because the owner was nice.

1  Thank Blake S
Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is definitely not authentic Italian food. It's your typical Italian chain restaurant food, (although it's not a chain restaurant). We were disappointed in the food itself, but the service was pretty decent and the restaurant itself is very homey, and offer very affordable prices. I would recommend for a quick lunch.