“Great family trip at Regal palms”

Regal Palms Resort & Spa
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were a little leary booking online, site unseen(except pics) and from a person unknown. I got a good vibe from the pics and from corrsponding with Simon, the owner, online. We decided to go ahead. We had my wife and I, two boys 6 and 9 and my mom. The condo, unit 328, was a very spacious 4 bedroom, 2 floors and steps from the main pool area. Simon has every possible question answered in his FAQs list and is very quick on getting back to you with your queries. The place was clean but somewhat dated i.e. carpets, small appliances and tvs. but everything, again was clean and worked. And the renatal price was very fair. Overall a great place and we would stay there again.

3  Thank Lynn C

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed here Feb 2012, we rented privately owned 4 bedroom town home directly through the owner. It was a quite a distance from the pool etc but not a big deal. Staff were wonderful. Keep in mind only 2 cars per unit and no parking on the street. Hot tub beside the pool & another adult only one in the gym area. Went to the spa and the girls there were great. 15 Minutes from Disney & 30 minutes from Universal/Seaworld........... highly recommend for a home away from home.

2  Thank loveTheSun418
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Laurasvillas was the perfect home away from home. The villa was very clean and comfortable. If we needed anything Laura was just a call away. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions. The spa is fabulous! We would definitely stay again but only in one of Laurasvillas. She makes you feel comfortable doing business with her.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We just got back from our Disney World vacation. We stayed in 2040 Calabria. I was nervous at first because I read reviews about dirty bedsheets and general cleanliness issues but at a quarter of the price we would have paid staying on Disney I figured we'd chance it. We reserved a 3 bed/2 bath townhome through travelocity. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to discover this was a 4 bed/3.5 bath home. It worked out great as my sister was traveling with my husband, myself, and our 3 small children ages 1-5. She got to stay in the bedroom downstairs with an adjoining bathroom by herself so she wasn't disturbed by the early morning antics of our children. The other 3 bedrooms were upstairs which made it very convenient to tend to the kids and be right there by them in a strange place. We brought our own pack & play. At first we thought we would have our 1 year old sleep in the master bedroom with us but luckily we were able to let him use the surprise 4th bedroom!
We did notice that the carpets, especially under the dining table were pretty dirty. My biggest complaint is the beds (at least the master bed) was so uncomfortable. I am 7 months pregnant and after walking around all day, every day for 4 days on Disney World you hope to come back to something very comfortable and relaxing. My husband tried to make the bed softer by putting the comforter under our fitted sheet but that wasn't much help. He referred to our mattress as a "slate in Bedrock" as if we were the Flinstones.
The oversized tub in the master bathroom was nice which helped the aches and pains. The deck outside wasn't spectacular, it was like stepping on metal roofing of some sort, the vertical blinds downstairs were broken and wouldn't pull back, the back door got jammed on our last day, the towels were scant, there was no broom to sweep any of the messes my brood made, etc.
We were uninformed about a $250 deposit but supposedly we are getting it back.
I think it was a nice place. We didn't use the pool area because we spent most of our time in the theme parks, the drive wasn't that bad.
Oh, if you eat in the resort restaurant they tack on gratuity to your bill no matter the party size apparently. My husband gave our waitress a $10 tip only to later find out gratuity had already been added. Much too large a tip for having to wait forever for our breakfast when we were the only ones in there after having to go search for someone to take our order after sitting for what seemed like forever.
Also didn't like having to take all bed linens off and collect all the towels to put by the door and having to make sure all the trash was completely out, dishwasher was loaded and turned on, etc... What was the cleaning fee for if we did all the cleaning, had to wash our own towels and the carpets were dirty?
We had a great time though and I guess I feel lucky that we didn't end up with a half bad place but seriously, something needs to be done about those mattresses!

• Stayed: February 2012
6  Thank DD_CDEK
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Feb 2012
We just got back from staying at Simon's place (333 Terra Lago) at Regal Palms Resort & Spa.
I'd highly recommend booking through him! He is very professional and quick with emails. He is also very thorough and his home was exactly as anticipated. We traveled with 2 young children (2 1/2 and 8 months) so the 3 bedroom house was perfect! He had a high chair and play yard (portable crib) there as well.

Kitchen was convenient and rooms were a good size. Laundry was a bonus but remember to bring some detergent as it's not supplied due to sanitary reasons.

You do have to pay a resort fee ($10 per day) but the water slides, lazy river, volleyball court, fitness facilities were worth it. The temperature of the pools were good.

The added bonus was that we had free internet in our place as well as free long distance calls.

We are a family who loves to travel and try different places but would highly recommend this one. Yes... we risked booking through the internet but everything worked out well for us.

8  Thank hockeyhuss
Reviewed 20 February 2012

What can I say, my experience at Regal Palms was terrible. We stayed at 737 Terra Lago townhouse and found it to be extremely rundown and dirty. The furnishings and TVs were at least 20 years old. They were worn out and damaged. The shower head in the master bath was so disgusting! It was covered in a black crud that appeared to be mildew. Gross! The beds and pillows were the most uncomfortable ones I have ever slept on. The bed linens and towels were very worn and stained. The air conditioner filter was full of dust and looked like it had not been changed in a long time. There was a sign next to the controls warning not to set temperature below 72 degrees because the unit would freeze. Enough said about the unit.

The resort itself looks appealing at first, then you start dealing with the shortcomings. First of all, the location is very far from the Orlando attractions. Driving to them was very time consuming because of the distance & heavy traffic. Not fun! Secondly, there is only one pool area for the entire resort. Many of the townhouses are not within walking distance of the pool area.

My experience with the staff was not much better. When we expressed our dissatisfaction with the unit they did not go out of their way to remedy it. They merely stated that no other units were available & left it at that. We stayed for three nights & they never tried to accommodate us. On the third day we went to the front desk to request a replacement garbage bag since ours was full. The male staffer informed us that one bag was all the resort provided. Towels are not replaced either. If you still decide to stay here bring your own trash bags, dish sponge and paper products!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yoyi412
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I made my reservation for Regal Palms via bookit.com, and the total price I was quoted for the weekend was $205, which all my friends agreed to. Bookit informed me that of course the "resort fee" was not included, which I had no problem with, as most of the time it's usually minimal. For example, the daily resort fee at the 5 star resort in Fiji my husband and I spent our honeymoon at was only $20. Upon checking in to Regal Palms (after a nearly 30 minute drive from the theme parks to an area with barely any cell phone reception) the front desk clerk informed me there was a balance due of $95. I assumed that was part of the $205, so I asked to make sure, and she informed me this was a separate resort fee. I was also told there would be an additional $250 security deposit placed on a hold on my credit card. For how much money we ended up paying, we could have stayed much closer to the parks. When I said how I wished I had known about the $95 beforehand, so as to provide my friends with an accurate amount, she just shrugged it off. Once we got into the villa there were signs posted everywhere threatening further fees. $125 for turning the air conditioning below 72 degrees (central florida can get pretty hot), $25 for using the laundry and dishwasher, and when we called to inquire about a possible late check out we were told the best they could do was an additional half hour for another $75. I could understand if this hotel was on Disney property, or even a closer proximity, but for being out in the woods, and as much as they charge, and threaten to charge, not worth it. It's the dishonesty and trickery that prompted this negative review.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank kristen f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Windsor Palms Resort
#8 of 64 in Kissimmee

Been to Regal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!