2,341 results
All reviews tradewinds restaurant lake davenport man made beach cleaning fee gran bahama bed apartment top floor pools and hot tubs washer and dryer three bedroom main pool third floor no elevator master bedroom disney parks full kitchen minute drive
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We recently stayed here for 11 nights and we were in a Grand Bahama apartment which is the largest 3 bedroomed type available at this lovely resort and I think all situated on the 3rd (top) floors of all the buildings.
Last time we stayed here we booked via Expedia and this time we were going to use Booking.com but we ended up using Airbnb and it was considerably cheaper for exactly the same type of room with similar cancellation rights so that's the first thing I can recommend.
The apartment is huge and fully self sufficient and (I think) can sleep up to 8 people. It has 2 separate bathrooms, a great kitchen and a laundry room as well as many other things. All the furnishings in this villa were in great condition and when we spotted a couple of minor maintenance issues I contacted the owner (Anna) who very promptly got someone round to sort it so that was great. I must say that the communication I had with the owner prior to and during our stay was very good at all times.
The resort itself is lovely, the grounds are meticulously maintained and the pools are spotlessly clean. There's the Mambo bar by the main pool and the Tradewinds by the secondary one (even though both the pools are similar size).
There is a well equipped gym on site which our daughter used, you can get a pass from the main reception for this.
It's about 30 minutes from Universal Studios etc and 40 minutes from the International Airport.
This is our second visit to this resort and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Compare prices on Expedia, Booking.com and Airbnb
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
AlisandeM1, Public Relations Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your stays with us, please come again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Just come back from 2 weeks at Bahama bay and had a lovely time as usual. Our condo was lovely and clean although the furniture is now becoming a little dated everything was in full working order and immaculately clean. We had a 3 bedroom on the middle floor unfortunately we had really noisy neighbours above us but that was nothing to do with the resort. The pools were very well maintained and heated . My teenage kids made use of the gym facilities which were really good. I have no negative points about this resort at all and will definitely return again as I have so many times in the past.

3  Thank rawcliffe21
Alisande M, Public Relations Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you for your loyalty, we appreciate your continued stays with us!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Not far from any of the parks and we absolutely loved the pools! We (teenage daughter and I) live in New England, so anything Caribbean and I’m there! From the stunning landscape, the Caribbean flair throughout the resort, the gorgeous buildings and great staff, we felt like we were in the Bahamas instead of Florida. Such a relaxed feeling and gorgeous resort. Being on a lake was a great bonus and offered so much more of a view than just a “regular” resort with random ponds or water features.

We visited Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure for the weekend and spent an entire day at the main pool upon our arrival. I was very happy with the location and knew the area from prior visits to other resorts in the area. You’re close to absolutely everything you could need, and if we had been visiting Disney, would’ve loved the location even more as Disney was closer to us than Universal. But I loved the location - close but not too close to be overwhelmed by tons of other vacationers and hotels, etc. The ride was easy and couldn’t have been happier.

Definitely recommend to families and even couples looking to just get away. Absolutely enjoyed our stay!

1  Thank Brooksie74
Alisande M, Public Relations Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks.our apartment was 3 bedrooms 2 bath rooms nice and clean .big apartment with 2 balconies ground floor.over looking the lake .nicely decorated and comfortable. Pools are lovely and clean .we always managed to get sun beds .staff are helpful. The on site shop don't really sell alot better going to the supermarket which is about 5 min drive. Definitely need a car to get around .25 minutes drive to Disney and a bit long to universal studio. Found it very quite place to staff.they had a washing machine and tumble dryer in our apartment too.very good

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

We are o happy you enjoyed your stay wit us!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

My family and I having been staying at this resort for over 15 years even before Wyndham purchased the property and it's still a great place to stay. We stay this resort at least once or twice a year.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank whynot25
Alisande M, Public Relations Manager at Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your continued patronage, we appreciate you staying with us!