I will try to keep this as short but there were A LOT of problems. These were as follows:-
1) The pool was filthy upon arrival, we could not use it for 2 days until it was cleaned. Once it was cleaned we could see all the way to the bottom.
2) Despite being meticulously clean we had cockroaches in the villa and the pool (believe this was due to the side gate having a gaping hole that has been poorly taped back together. They may also have been trying to escape Larry and Laura (please read on to understand this).
3) The cupboard door on the landing was hanging off (assume it was still not fixed since someone previously reported it as per below reviews)
4) The air conditioning broke down twice. (Air con man came out and stated the air con unit in the house was appallingly maintained and was shocked that the filter has been removed and was on top of the unit rather than in the unit!)
5) The waste disposal unit was leaking, someone came out to fix it but said it needed a new part and that had to be approved by the owner. This was not fixed so we could not use it for the entire 2 weeks we stayed in the Villa. Not a real show-stopper but I was looking forward to being all American. I had to resort to making a point of putting the waste in the 'Trash-Can' instead of the 'bin' but this was not nearly as much fun.
6) One of the toilets broke twice...I'm not a plumber so can't give you the technical term but let's say when it broke it sounded like there was a large waterfall running in the bathroom, which kept people awake (probably people outside of Orlando too)
7) The entire tap set literally blew off the bath in the downstairs bathroom, covering my daughter in very hot water, to the extent where it left marks all over her face and neck. I left a message on the owners phone but got no call back to see if she was ok or to apologise. Instead we got a grumpy plumber that accused us of 'swinging on the tap'. I know the park tickets are not cheap but spending a day swinging on the taps wouldn't have gone down too well with the kids in fairness.
8) We had 2 lizards in the pool area (we called one Larry and one Laura), not really a complaint as my son-in-law had fun playing with them (before their safe release into the wild) but surely things like this should not be getting into the property? I initially thought they were tiny alligators and spent a few hours waiting for their mum to turn up and eat me.
9) The property itself is quite grubby with all of the bathroom seals a little mouldy and the lighting also dirty.
10) All of the showers are really poor, hard to describe why but they just lacked any oomph and it was a struggle to actually get wet, which to me is a bad showery experience.
11) The patio doors in the main bedroom are secured by a block of wood. It's a very nice block of wood but it's clearly not part of the door. This is a little un-nerving when you've got thousands of dollars, bags full of Ralph Lauren clothes, young children and 2 lizards knocking about the place. (Okay the lizards lived outside but I'm sure they wouldn't want to witness a break-in while trying to eat a cockroach they've just caught in the pool area.
12) The can-opener didn't work, in fact it fell apart as soon as it was touched, we did find another one though.
13) We had a huge flying ant attack in the downstairs bathroom. Not sure how they got in but the lizards point blank refused to eat them for us (perhaps they only eat cockroaches, who knows?)
14) Cockroaches got in from the external garage door, not sure if they came to just laugh at my appalling pool playing skills or if they were trying to escape the lizards but they came most nights and often appeared to be 'looking for trouble'.
I took photographs of a lot of what I have described above and I am happy to share them with anyone that would like to see them. (I only have a photo of one of the lizards though, the other was a little camera shy). I have pics of the dirty pool, the grubby showers, the dirty bathroom lights (you can see me in this pic but you can edit me out, I'm ok with that), the attractive block of wood, the broken cupboard, the side gate with a hole in it, some ants and cockroaches inside the villa, the leaking waste disposal unit and the filthy air con unit. Please get in touch if you'd like me to share them.
I've tried to be a little humorous to save me from swearing but every single issue above is a real one and I'd think twice before booking!
Subject: Villa of Kings
Location: Davenport, Florida, United States, North America
Title: Could not recommend this holiday villa.
The pool was dirty and not cleaned,the pillows had sweat stains on them, boiler door fell off and boiler kept going off had to get plumber in to fix.Pool system woke us every day at 7am due to the fact it let air into the system,the netting around the pool was torn and of no use.It states in ad that villa is not overlooked some one should tell next door .Blinds in lounge kept falling off . Finally the owners are very difficult to contact will not be using this villa again we go to florida every year this has been the worst place we have stayed.We where never asked about the pool heat which is mentioned in the ad but not the cost and i just feel we have been let down by this owner the fact they never asked for our address or even my girlfriends name thank god there was no problems like a fire or anything you need for the authorities.
Go to TripAdviso
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
Highly recommended this villa , fantastic pool with all amenities you could ask for all within 20 mins of parks. Have recommended to family and friends