“A TRIFECTA OF FOOD, SERVICE, AND AMBIANCE”
Review of Azteca Real

Azteca Real
Ranked #20 of 279 Restaurants in Davie
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2015

There is a lunch menu, with bargain prices, in effect on weekdays. But I was here for lunch on a weekend, so I was relegated to the general menu. No problema. There were plenty of inviting selections on that menu, and at reasonable prices. I decided upon the enchilada entrée, which consisted of two flour enchiladas and sides of Mexican rice and refried beans. My meat choice was chicken (beef and pork were the other options).

While awaiting this entrée being prepared, my efficient waiter brought me a basket of chips and a bowl of salsa. He also brought a small dish of refried beans at room temperature for scooping up with the chips, a nice touch. The chips were fresh albeit not warm. The salsa was quite tasty and with just enough of a spicy bite to make the salsa interesting without scorching my sensitive palate.

The main dish arrive very quickly from the kitchen. I had the verde sauce version of the enchiladas, which sauce was made from green tomatoes and green chilies. Very flavorful. The meal was rather delicious and there was plenty of food. At $10.99 before tax and tip, the meal was fairly priced. I'd order it again.

The ambiance was wonderful. This restaurant is quite large, with a few dining rooms and the bar. The rooms are richly decorated in a Mexican theme, including photos on the walls. I particularly liked the hand-carved, colorful designs in wood at the tops of the benches. I also enjoyed the background music of Mexican songs. For me, atmosphere is as important as food in a dining experience.

I recommend this restaurant. My rating is actually a 4 1/2.

Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

Always come here & they never disappointed us/me.

Pollo fundido yummy
Enchiladas yummy
Warm bean dip soooo good but soooo bad for us :)

Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

This place is really good. Much like ole ole but I fine the food more tasty. I recommend the Mexican pizza and the currios you won't want to share.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

They offer MEXICAN FOOD, well prepared dishes and not only the usual tacos or enchiladas. Good Mexican music and beers also. Don't miss the Pollo con Mole.

Reviewed September 1, 2015

It's a large restaurant with lots of seating. We ate had dinner at 7:30pm and got a table right away. I ordered the three tacos, which I had two chicken and one steak. They came with rice and black beans. The chicken tacos were tasty, but the steak was bland. The rice was dry and not as good as other places. Adding salsa made everything taste better. My wife had the steak fajitas with them being bland. Maybe the chicken or shrimp ones would have been better.

She had a $10 margarita and I had a $5 Negro Modella beer. The price of the drinks was very high, even though she said her drink had a lot of alcohol. So overall the bill came to a little under $50 which is a bit too high for what we got.