“Great food! Blah server!!!”
Review of Shorty's Bar-B-Q

Shorty's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #17 of 286 Restaurants in Davie
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ordered the Ribs. She had the baby backs and I had the spare ribs. They were both cooked to perfection. We tried the smiley BBQ sauce but prefer the sweet. The corn on the cob was oh so good. Next time we go we will definitely try the award winning brisket. The only drawback was our server, she was not very personable.

1  Thank Rachel N Joe M

Reviewed April 18, 2017

Sad to say that my favorite BBQ place is no longer Shorty's. I left there disappointed for the last time. I was told that we could not order ribs a-la-carte unless we also ordered a meal (which made no sense) so we ordered a Rib combo platter and for the first time did not finish it. We have to return the pork and beef slices as they were both too dry and cold. The chicken was also not hot but nobody even tried it. The ribs were tasty but room temperature. The french fries were hot as was the corn on the cob. Alas the garlic bread was again cold. Unfortunately, the quality was just not there but of course the prices have not come down which makes this no longer a good value.

Reviewed April 14, 2017

Went for a weekday lunch after an agonizingly long ordering snafu at a nearby Home Depot. We opted for a pitcher of beer to accompany my $7.99 BBQ rib lunch special, and my friend's $6.99 BBQ chicken lunch special. They were both very good, plenty to eat for a lunch (we ended up not even eating that night for dinner). Not even room to share some of their excellent, as I remember, key lime pie. The lunch hit the spot! Our wait staff was excellent as well.

1  Thank Legstrat
Reviewed March 27, 2017

If you have been to a Sonny's Barbecue, Shorty's probably will seem not unlike that. I was seated quickly and had an efficient server. The pulled pork plate was good and a generous serving.

Reviewed October 10, 2016

place was slammed however it was less than a 10min. wait. Service was friendly, we had the onion rings for appetizer. We ordered the full rack baby back ribs with the mac n cheese. I found the mac n cheese to be a bit bland however the baby back ribs were on point. My wife and I shared the plate and had leftovers! No room for dessert :)

1  Thank garcipe