“Would not stay here again!”

Beach Quarters Resort
Bridgeton, New Jersey
“Would not stay here again!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Me and my sister stayed at this hotel while on vacation. My mother had previously stayed at this hotel several years ago and had recommended it to us. My initial thoughts from the outside of the hotel was that it looked nice and was in a great location but after going inside I had a different opinion. While my sister was putting her clothes away in the dresser drawer she found a rolling paper along with the remains of a joint. Nice huh? I then smelled a strong odor coming from the kitchen/dining area and proceeded to climb on a chair to see where the smell was coming from. Alas at the top of the hutch inside a fake plant was another joint. I took it down to the main desk to a woman behind the counter who did not seem to surprised. She said she thought she smelled something herself as she was cleaning the room. The next morning I got up to make a pot of coffee only to find the remains of coffee grounds from who ever stayed there before us. So the staff obviously did not clean very well. The bathroom was also not the cleanest. It appeared that no one had cleaned around the base of the toilet for months. The last nite there my sister reached on top of the fridge to get a papertowel and a cockroach crawled out. Would not stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank christina0097

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have never done this, but after renting an efficiency unit at this resort I just have to let people know. The location is great and the resort has great potential. However! At some point someone needs to say, "It's time to shut down and renovate!" Worn out building, decrepit pool area, dirty balcony furniture, etc. The pics online are very deceiving and without MAJOR cleanup/renovations I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. A place can be old, but there is no excuse for being dirty and smelly.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here until it is renovated.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

orlando
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My husband and I were looking for a last minute hotel deal in Daytona and read some of the reviews and figured we would try it out for the price. We were pleasantly surprised. The oceanfront suite was just perfect for us. We relaxed on the couch with the sliding glass door open and we could here the waves crashing. It was so relaxing and comfortable. Although the building is old, they keep it quite clean, and it is roomy. The bed is comfortable, and they had the kitchen was stocked with things I didn't expect to find. For the price, you can't beat it. I highly recommend it for a nice getaway especially young couples with small children. I couldn't tell how the pool was, from the balcony it didn't look that great, but we didn't care since we didn't swim.

Room Tip: Ask for beachfront, it's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I was unforunate in that I booked this as one of those "blind" deals from a leading reservation site. Although the ratings system said it was comparable to a "Holiday Inn Express" or "Wingate," I can ASSURE you it's not the same.

I just checked in a short time ago, and there is no one on site (the office closes at 5). So, i can't complain, i can't get my money back, because I'm locked into staying here because of this website's rules.

The Hotel is OLD. VERY OLD. The room I'm in is in need of the the following:
1) a thorough vacuuming. (There is visible dirt on the floor) Please, for your own good, don't look under the couches, as it will SCARE you!!!!!
2) a basic bathroom cleaning (black mold/mildew on the tub caulking and grout
3) A PAINT JOB (the walls are FILTHY looking)
4) a KITCHEN cleaning (it's just grimy)
5) SCENTED OILS!!!! (the room just smells dirty)
6) SAFETY CHECKS (I see a pipe coming down out of the ceiling in the bathroom... could it be a disabled sprinkler head??????)
7) SECURITY: The door to the building is supposed to be locked, but it will hardly shut.

If you have any taste, desires for a clean hotel, or modern accomodations, STAY AWAY FROM BEACH QUARTERS!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Clermont
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I thought it had a beautiful view, the suite was very charming and accommadating.

Room Tip: very top corner rooms are best
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed here Dec 2 through Dec 16 2011. We paid 36+tax per nite. We had room 305. The price was right. The stay was great once we cleaned everything in the kitchen. Once that was all done we enjoyed our other 13 days there. I would defineltly recommened this hotel. I was VERY scared to book here with all the other bad reviews. But we took a chance and didnt regret it!!! The room was perfect!! I recommed that if you stay to take the riverview room. It is MUCH bigger and less worn than the ocean front rooms. Dont let all the bad reviews steer you clear. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cpm1918
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2011

this condo has all the amenties to make you feel at home and it is right on the beach.
maria and staff are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
2.0 km away
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
Beachside Motel
#36 of 98 in Daytona Beach
1.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#3 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
1.8 km away
Residence Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Daytona Beach Ocea...
#1 of 5 in Daytona Beach Shores
7.6 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Been to Beach Quarters Resort? Share your experiences!