“Enjoyed our stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, WA
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We had a 2 queen w/kitchen on the beach side. It was very nice and quiet. Only complaint were the 3 roaches we found in the tub upon arrival. Not sure how they could get there since everything looked clean unless there is a hole in the drain and they came up that way. Washed them down and closed the drain. Like that there were stores and restaurants right across the street and a short drive to the boardwalk area. Just remember that this time of the year the turtles are laying their eggs so the beach has to be dark at night. I would have liked to sit at the pool bar at night but it had to be closed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Liked the choice of pool or beach and that there were 2 pools. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 21 September 2011

After booking on Hotwire during the off-season, I was a little reserved and my wife and daughters were nervous about what type of hotel we'd be getting. My family and I had only stopped in Daytona once before on a trip from Atlanta to Miami and it had been over 20 years since I'd actually vacationed there. We expected the typical beach hotel with sand in the carpet and the smell of an old wet foot lingering in the room... that also didn't quite match the description from the website.

As we pulled up to the hotel entrance, we were pleasantly surprised. Hotwire had not steered us wrong. The staff was very welcoming, the lobby area was quite large and spotless but the highlight was the room itself. The moment that we walked in, I got kudos from the family. The room was clean, modern and huge. The beds seemed just as new as well. There was no foot smell or a speck of sand to be found.

We enjoyed watching dolphins from our balcony in the morning, spending time on the beach, at the pools and our strolls along the Boardwalk. The resort restaurant was also better than expected.... try the gator tail. It is a treat.

We stayed two nights and overall, the place was excellent. We're actually looking forward to spending more time there in the spring. I highly recommend the resort for anyone looking for a trip to the Atlantic side of Florida. If I had to point out a downside, it would be that the resort hasn't adopted a full no smoking policy. There is a section of the outdoor deck and pools where smoking is allowed. We "shared" a few cigs with the folks on the deck during our time on the balcony.... but don't let that sway you. This place is great.

Room Tip: Hotwire in Ormond Beach... was rated 3 1/2 stars for half the regular rate. Great stay at a great pr...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We booked through a 3rd party and everything went as planned. When our flight got delayed a day we tried to call the hotel. We were informed that we would have to alter our dates through the 3rd party. When they contacted the hotel to alter the date Deborah told we would have to pay for all the nights. I still believe that I was taken for a ride. Once we got to the hotel we had to wait to check in until 4. I thought that was unfair since we had to pay for the night before. We did enjoy our room and the remainder of our stay. The hotel was in a perfect location. My only suggestion would be that The manager Deborah should be a bit more understanding when things happen beyond your control.

• Stayed September 2011
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My girlfriend and I went to the Daytona Beach Resort in late May, which was our first visit to Daytona Beach - Love Florida all together and were looking for a relaxing, beach-sun filled vacation with a little night life peppered in. We rented our room from a private condo owner, so I can't really comment on the Hotel staff type things....

Overall, our vacation was a good B, or 7.5/10. The beach was nice, not crowded (it was late May) and we had a good time. Not much as far as night life - it was really just a beach/pool type vacation.

Daytona overall, especially this time of year, is boring. It's not a very nice town and it is full of pretty seedy people. Sort of a Redneck Riviera II.........I would not visit again.

Overall, DBR met my expectations. It was nice, clean and provided all the basic amenities that I expected....I wont go back, however, but that is mainly due to Daytona being a crappy place and nothing to do with DBR....I feel that there are much better Florida beach town options (like Saint Augustine!)

Room Tip: Rent from a private condo owner...it's generally cheaper.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We booked our trip with them through Bookit, Got a great rate, We got the suite, it had 2 queen beds in one room and a pull out couch in the living/kitchen area. , you can get a 2 bed room with a small kitchenette with an adjoining door, they door not advertise this you have to ask for it. the room was clean and nice, had a 2 burner stove, full size fridge with ice maker (ice maker has a switch you have to turn on) and a microwave, (no oven :-( , be aware that there is a $12 per day, plus tax, "Resort Fee" that you will have to pay when you get there. It was a perfect location, right on the beach. the pools and spa pools were nice. the indoor pool was a bit cool, but bearable, the outdoor pools were perfect. For some reason they had 1 of the spa pools set at 90 degrees and the other one set at 102 degrees, kinda made the 90 degree spa worthless in my opinion, no one got in it unless they were waiting for others to get out of the hot one, then they would quickly change pools, I can not understand why both spas are not 102-104 degrees which is the normal expected temps for a spa. access to the super clean beach was immediate and easy. we had no problems with jelly fish or stingrays which we have had in the past on the gulf side. the waves were great, one morning they were over 8', great for surfing. the rip tide is fairly strong so you have to watch small children and not go out too far. we went in the middle of September, water temps were great, and crowds were low, best time to go. outside temps were in the mid to high 80s, it did get cool at night, but not cold. the pool side fire was nice spot to warm up after a night swim. the pools are open from 6AM- 11PM. elevators were fast. publix and walgreens and a dollar tree right across the street. we were on the 14th floor (top) on the south side of the building (beach view not ocean front), we opened the curtains every morning to a warm inviting sun, it was very nice. had almost all day sun on the balcony, and a great view of the beach and daytona. they have a live camera on the beach to the right as you go out the gate, your family/friends can access it from their computer and you can go there and wave to them..that was cool..you will love your stay there.

Room Tip: ocean view on the south side, get all day sun on the balconies, higher floors offer best views. the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The facilities are very nice with a great ocean view option. It is, however, overpriced and the crooked staff deserves a failing grade. My $300 ipod disappeared from the room into a thin air and was never found. Facilities manager was no use, never even returned a call. Shame, never coming back there!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank paxtakor
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We really loved this hotel overall. We will return and hopefully soon. So that's all good. The rooms were nice, pool area nice, beach and parking access was great, view was great, etc.

Suggestions for improvement:

There is one pool where smoking is allowed. The non-smoking pool was packed and the smoking pool had just one group around it when we were near the pool area. I think this is unfair--the place is advertised as non-smoking so why not go all the way and prohibit throughout property? Why should a small group of smokers get a large pool to themselves and everyone else (non-smokers) have to crowd into one pool area? That makes no sense. Also the smoke from the pool drifted up to our room above that pool, which we did not like at all. This affected our enjoyment of the balcony. And the smoking area extends to the only fire pit, which I really wanted to enjoy but wouldn't go there b/c there were smokers there when we wanted to go. I really think the hotel should reconsider this policy.

Second suggestion is to increase healthy eating options at breakfast. I opted for the healthiest thing on the buffet, which was frosted flakes in sugary yogurt and fruit--a sugar nightmare basically. Plus I had to wait until my husband had finished his breakfast for the small fruit plate they had to be replenished (watching them replenish french toast and bacon beforehand). The second day I purchased my own whole grain cereal, plain yogurt, and fruit from Publix and brought with me to the hotel restaurant, where my husband at their food and I ate my own. They should have whole grain cereal and plain yogurt, plus keep the fruit replenished because not everyone wants to eat sugary or fatty foods for breakfast.

*But* the chef was very nice, the hotel was nice, the wait staff was helpful and nice, and again the rooms and pool area (other than the smoking) were the best that we've experienced at Daytona. So I would recommend the room with or without these changes, but would really encourage the changes.

Room Tip: North Tower rooms more modern, but above smoking area. South Tower rooms better for sharing with gu...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
7.0 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
2.8 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
12.6 km away
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
3.7 km away
Plaza Resort & Spa
Plaza Resort & Spa
#13 of 72 in Daytona Beach

Been to Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!