“I've had better BUT I've definitely had worse”
Review of New China King

New China King
Ranked #260 of 440 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

New China King has pretty good Chinese food. Like my headline says, I've had better BUT I've definitely had worse. They will adjust the spice of any of the spicy dishes.
They can be very difficult to understand unless the teenage daughter is there. The mother & father (?) don't really look at you & don't smile at all.
On this visit, I just had to leave & take my food home to eat because the man & woman were having a SCREAMING argument! I mean I couldn't believe how bad it was. I'm almost glad I couldn't understand what they were saying. The screeching was unbearable!

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

We have been getting our take out food here for 14 years. Owners are a small family that works 7 days a week. I Have never seen it closed during business hours or shut down for a vacation. That being said the meals are generous and a good value. It is not a dine in restaurant, but you can eat your order at one of the tables if you choose. If you want good, cooked to order, quick Chinese food this is a fine place and combo prices are hard to beat. If you want sit down fancier Chinese and other Asian food head on over to Leanh's.

Reviewed March 7, 2015 via mobile

We've been here multiple times, but the service is usually very rude. The food is normally pretty good, but it seems to change each time I order it. Panda Express is going to steal a lot of their business.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I normally find the variety of restaurants we go to very good and I rarely judge a restaurant poorly however we were quite disappointed in several ways.
Food and variety of menu was good however the male owner was not a pleasant natured guy.
Were were eating "in the restaurant" and I was surprised there was only plastic forks and spoons, no knives; only bottled water for sale and no table service.
As a tourist w hen you see a lot of tables and chairs in a restaurant you would figure on getting table service. I f it's only "take out" they are interested in then have the sign reflect it is a takeout restaurant. We will not be returning