All reviews boogie boards beach chairs small hotel heated pool efficiency room ocean view a great stay direct access to the beach car show queen bed boardwalk area full kitchen private balcony great rate would definitely stay here again up to date bike week
Reviewed April 20, 2017

I come to Daytona & love staying here. Staff is very friendly, extremely helpful. Makes you feel like your home away from home. Jamus the front office supervisor is very pleasant & Linda (one of the housekeepers) makes sure you have everything that you need

Room tip: It just depends on the view that you would like
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
david d, Owner at Sea Shells Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

We are honored by your kind compliments regarding our staff. Thank you and please come see us again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Nice, clean, quaint little place right on the beach, with all the little extras and super friendly & helpful staff set this place apart. North corner rooms are a must. Arrive ragged; depart refreshed guaranteed!

Room tip: definitely chose higher level rooms for privacy and noise avoidance!
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
david d, Owner at Sea Shells Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Thanks for your review, especially the part about the super friendly and helpful staff! Come back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

We stayed at the Sea Shells Beach Club for one night while in town for a high school band competition. We were looking for an inexpensive option and chose this based on the trip advisor reviews and the price. The property and room exceeded my expectations. The room and bathroom area are on the small side. But, my room had a kitchenette, great air conditioning and was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The property is well maintained. There is an outdoor pool area with steps directly down to the beach. It is located about a half mile from the center of Daytona Beach, so the location is pretty ideal. The only reason I have not given it a 5 star rating is that I think the hotel walls would close in on you if you stayed longer than a couple of nights because of the size. But, there is plenty to do here, so if you are unconcerned with room size, give it a shot.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BeachTraveler34678

Thanks for the complimentary review and we hope the band competition was successful for you! We offer several different room types, from efficiencies up to 2 bedroom suites with plenty of room for up to 6 guests. Hope you'll come see us again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

My husband and I had to go to the Mayo Clinic and, instead of staying in Jacksonville, we decided to stay in Daytona Beach and drive for 90 minutes to the Mayo Clinic in time for my appointment at 12Noon.

When my husband told me that we were paying $79 per night for the room, I was expecting a tiny, dirty, musty smelling room with the bare necessities. I got a big surprise! The Sea Shells is an absolutely wonderful find. It is outstanding because of its location. You can walk to the beach out of your room (we were on the ground level.) The room was perfect for 2 people - not too big, but extremely well furnished. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the bed linens were spotless and smelled of clean, fresh air. The decor was minimalist, but I don't go to a motel to sit and stare at the walls. The only thing that didn't work too well was the size of the bathroom and the way in which the door opened. If the door opened out to the room it would have been more comfortable but because it opened into the bathroom, it was slightly cumbersome to get in and get the door closed,, especially since I am disabled and need help getting in and out of the bath tub, but not to worry, my husband I got it to work. I wish we had decided to stay longer but because of my work, I had to go home.

So, the next time we plan on visiting anywhere close to Daytona Beach, we will definitely check availability with the Sea Shells - and you should too. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: I believe all rooms are good -- we were on the ground level - corner suite close too the parking lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
david d, Owner at Sea Shells Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Thank you so much! We couldn't have asked for a nicer review and we wish you the best of luck with your health concerns. Please be sure to ask our guest services staff about different bathroom configurations to better suit your needs when you return. Take care.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Some of the reviews I saw were concerning but I took a chance and stayed here. This place is great! I hd a first floor efficiency that had all the basic stuff. The room and bathroom were both on the small side but both were clean and comfortable. They have an out door pool, a stairway that leads directly to the beach and they will loan you beach chairs and belly boards if you want them. They even have a gas BBQ grill for your use. The motel is about a mile from the boardwalk area. If you want luxury stay down the road at the Hilton - but if you want a friendly, helpful staff and a clean comfortable room - stay here!

Date of stay: March 2017

Thanks for your honest review, much appreciated. Everyone has their own perspective, we are glad that you enjoyed our sparkling clean, comfortable and friendly boutique resort. Hope you'll come see us again.