“Enjoy an oceanfront vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Enjoy an oceanfront vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have been spending every spring break for the last eleven years. Friendly staff, great breakfast, nice housekeepers. Plenty to do in the area. Visit Merritt Island and eat at the Dixie Crossroads - best local shrimp! Our Deck Down Under is a favorite Daytona Beach Shores place to eat.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront and just open your door and listen to the ocean!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Metro Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

The rooms were clean and comfortable as well as large enough to accommodate a roll-away bed on par with other Hampton Inns, but the overall service of this hotel was outstanding. The staff went out of their way to make us feel like family. We had such a good time we didn't want to leave. There were beach toys for the kids as well as pool toys. The pool itself is large enough for kids to swim and not be bothered by others playing with water toys. There are enough poolside tables with umbrellas for groups to gather and have fun. We would definitely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: There are rooms available with outside entrances and indoor entrances. The rooms with outside entra...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn 4 times in the last fifteen years. We like the location and returned here because of a good AAA rate we got for 3 nights in an ocean front king room. But we were disappointed that they have done very little to update the hotel. The lobby and the rooms look just like they did 15 years ago (with the exception on a flat screen TV-which was nice.) Most Hamptons have updated their bathrooms to granite counters, and have more updated decor in the lobby. The bedspread and shower curtains were wrinkled, but probably because they are laundered between guests- which is good. We had a nice refrigerator and microwave, and 2 comfy chairs. Our bed slept well, and we had a great AC unit. We love sitting on our private balcony watching the ocean and beach activities. We enjoyed the warm cookies each evening and 24hr. coffee. The breakfast was okay-but not great. They cram 53 people in their small dining area, and we could hardly eat our breakfast for people bumping into us, multiple trips to get their breakfast. One morning we opted to go across the street to Dennys, and enjoyed our Grand Slam breakfast-in a very relaxed atmosphere! But the day we left, we went down for breakfast at 6:30 am-when it was still quiet and the food was fresh. The front desk clerks were nice and gave suggestions where to go for dinner. If you don't have a car there is a Red Lobster, Denny's, and an Italian restaurant within walking distance. The front desk clerk suggested Racings North Turn, but we wished we had just gone to Red Lobster-for better food. We did enjoy Bubba Gump's Shrimp down on Daytona Beach at the Boardwalk- it was great! I had read reviews about pool parties on Saturdays, but there was no pool party the Sat. we were there.I think next time we'll stay down near the Boardwalk, where all the good restaurants and fun activities are. There are lots of nice hotels and condos near the Boardwalk.

Room Tip: 501 was very quiet. It was over the parking lot, instead of the pool. It had a nice ocean front view...
2 Thank Barbara G
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We were very pleased with the staff, who were without exception, very friendly and customer focused. They made us feel welcome and were very attentive to our needs. The property itself was directly on the beach with a wonderful view of the Atlantic. Our room had a balcony facing the ocean. Many of the rooms, including ours, had exterior hallways. We did not feel unsafe at all but many people do not like exterior halls. The air conditioner was a little louder than we thought it should be. No extra fees for parking! Overall, we were pleased with our stay and felt it was worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for interior hallway room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bscotthome
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed there Apirl 4, 2012. This is truly a great place for a beach vacation. The room s were spacious, clean and the A/C works great!! The staff is some of the best at any hotel we have ever stayed at in a number of years. The complimentary breakfast is excellent and the freshly baked cookies in the evening go fast and arre wonderful!!

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront, 8th floor. It is the top floor but the views are amazing!!
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

From the time you enter the Hampton Inn, you are treated wonderfully. I've never seen a front desk clerk that seemed to enjoy his job more. He explained everything the hotel had to offer, even beyond the normal Hampton Inn. This hotel offers the use of free beach towels and beach chairs and has great, fresh cookies available in the evening. It has a large oceanfront pool with stairs from the pool area that go right to the beach.

I entered my room and found a large, well decorated room with a flat screen TV on a granite countertop, a refrigerator, work desk, easy chair and king-sized bed. I had a balcony with 2 chairs with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. The AC was running and the room was cool, but felt damp. When I took off my shoes, I realized the room was more than damp as my socks got wet walking on the carpet.

I went to the front desk and the clerk was honestly upset that I had this problem. He began to scramble for solutions, including offering to move me but he had no other oceanfront rooms. He came up with a workable solution in that he would have housekeeping try to extract water from the carpet while I was at dinner. When I got back, I found out that he personally had moved a dehumidifier into my room. I entered my room to an artic chill and a dehumidifier going full blast. It worked well enough so I stayed there and sat on the balcony listening to the ocean until bedtime.

The next morning I enjoyed hot coffee and hot scrambled eggs for breakfast, looking out at the Atlantic Ocean and reading the local paper left for me at my door. Check out took less than 30 seconds and I went on my way. Even though the moisture issue concerned me, the staff was fantastic and the location unbeatable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank grhokie
Leesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

This Hampton is the best place to stay in Daytona Beach, Florida. From the minute you walk in the front door, the staff is always there making sure you have a great stay with no stress and great experiences. They will do anything to make sure you are enjoying your stay, from the smiles or the items (towels, chairs, toys, skim boards) that you can borrow to take down to the beach to enjoy, especially if you are from out of town. The breakfast is great and the cookies are a welcome snack at night. It is truly a family-oriented hotel and Sandy Ellis is the manager of the year in my book!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends