“Will definitely return” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Will definitely return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Rodeway is a terrific value for a beachfront property. My room was comfortable and cheerfully decorated. The strand was easily accessible by day; by night I slept well in a great bed. Ongoing renovations to this 1957 motel are quite impressive. Much Daytona lodging of that era has been razed; not all needs to be. The owner, Amit, should be commended for being industrious, visionary, and enthusiastic over sprucing up this inn. Such entrepreneurs enhance a community and deserve to be patronized. I have long loved Daytona; I now like this Rodeway.

Room Tip: Winn Dixie is just a few blocks south. There I bought fruit, yogurt and juice. My healthy breakfas...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Dave T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Arrived at the hotel around 8pm Saturday evening and was greeted kindly by the reservation specialist. The clerk fully honored my choice privileges membership by offering me a complementary room upgrade and late check-out. The room was clean and well presented as I was able to enjoy the stay. Will be a returning customer. Great Job!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Victor M
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

At first arrival I didn't like it at all. I changed my mind after seeing the rooms. They were smaller than average, but so cute. It is also right on the beach so it has a great view! The guy that worked there was really nice and helped us out with any issues. My only complaint is the parking situation sucked!! Since it's a smaller place the parking lot is very tiny! Also, the internet never worked for us! I would stay here again, but not during the summer or spring break. Wouldn't want to deal with all the college kids! Walls are very thin so would be really hard to sleep with all that noise!

• Stayed November 2011
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Pro - great location right on the beach!

Cons: noisy air conidtioner; ill-fitting sheets; no iron in the room (I called for an iron and she told me to come to the lobby and get it myself); nasty dumpster near front office; questionable help; poor maid service and last but not least - roaches.

I did not feel comfortable during my stay but my room mate did not want to go to another hotel. Since he "paid the cost to be the boss", I had very little choice in the matter . . .

Room Tip: Check out the room (if possible) before committing.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beverly C

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

They have started to remodel the hotel again. I am seeing big changes and this hotel is perfect for anybody. I was able to see the rooms and noticed that they had many different room types. The ocean fronts were great! Katie and amit are just great! This is my new getaway can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank toshay
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

This place is so cute.
When I was here i came to the front desk and was worried by the sign that states " no refunds". my husband and i decided to go check out the room. it was wonderful we had a kitchen and 2 beds with LOTS of space.
The location is great, just a bit from the grocery store and dollar tree, walking distance to shops and restaurants and RIGHT on the beach.
the rooms appeared not in good shape by things being worn but when i was staying, they were refreshing rooms with paint and also the exterior so this may have changed.Although i will say, being next to the beach it is VERY clean.
The housekeepers/ frontdesk agents are WONDERFUL. They acknowledged us even on the Pier during their time off (awesome place. large beers for cheap and very relaxing and fun. Not very many restrooms though but the hilton is in walking distance to use the restrooms)
The walls are a bit thin. I think we had neighbors doing a lot of adult activities (if you know what i mean) but overall it was very quiet.
they dont have much of a breakfast but for the price i really didnt expect much.
they do have a laundry facility on the first floor.
I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK. YOU GET MORE FOR YOUR MONEY AT THIS LOCATION!!!

Room Tip: go to the pier good fun.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
orlando
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

The place is old but was good for a few night getaway. I do have to admit everything was good except I think they need to invest in some new mattresses. They were moldy! We brought our won sheets anyway... but I did love everything else. It was clean and being painted as were there too. I love the kitchen that comes with it. That saved us money... brought my own griddle for pancakes and silverware, dish soap, ..... Free ice! They had little debbie type honey buns and ok apples at the front. Also fresh coffee if you didn't want to make your own. I will have to say if you are going, get the beach front. We did pay extra for it but worth it. We had our own patio to ourselves because we had no neighbors at the time! NICE! Large pool type table and 4 chairs! Great for night drinks looking at the ocean! The pool was ok. I think it could of been cleaned every day....like most hotels do. But the motel grounds were swept daily. I saw that people got charged for things when they arrived. They did tell us a certain price than when we got there it was $10 more than they said. Looks like you should get it in writing before you come!!! If you can get a good deal here than you should come. Weekends start to get a rowdy crowd. Glad we were leaving right before that! Air worked great. Showers worked great. Loved the little kitchen with the deep sink and fridge. I know I already said that. We washed a few shirts in the deep sink lol!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family