“Walked out without staying - old and way outdated.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #65 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 27 March 2014

They screwed the reservation up from the get go. I had changed my reservation 4 days prior to my check-in date. But when we checked in they charged us for the old reservation (3 days) and we changed to (2 days) Noticed it when I was signing the credit card slip. So they had to redo everything. First thing we noticed was a sign above the desk that says no refunds. Thought that was kind of odd. Then after 20 minutes they give us our room key and we drive over to the room, noticing that there were a lot of unsavory looking people in the parking (coming and going) Open the door to the room and there are clothes laying on the bed, shoes under the desk and a suitcase in the closet (which was standing open). Went back to office and they were like "Oh yeah, the guy there left for the week-end and paid for the room and ask us to hold it for him, we will put you in a different room. We go to that room (still alot of unsavory people milling around the parking lot all driving very fancy cars. We go in, turn on the lights which were very dim, everything was old and the bathroom had been remolded part way. New stone tile around tub which was still old. Old outdated faucets on the tub and sink, pink tile above the sink which I haven't seen since the 1950's I pulled up the spread on the bed to look at the sheets and there were some kind of spots or stains on the sheets. That along with all the activity in the parking lot made us feel very unsafe. We walked straight out to our car got in it and drove to another hotel. We had driven allllllll day, were very tired and I didn't want to argue with them about getting my money back when they had a big sign above the desk saying no refunds. I figured we would be given the run around anyway. All in all you get what you pay for. and I have learned a very valuable lesson. Spend a little more for comfort and safety and never, never, never check-in to a hotel that has a sign that say NO REFUNDS!

Room Tip: My Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank grammytwo

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The room was older and could use upgrades. It was clean except for the dust on the bed posts. The bathrooms were partially upgraded with new wall tiles and floor tiles but had old green tile on the walls and black and white soap dishes and towel racks which did not go with anything. The cleaning lady "Brenda" was very personable. It was very convenient to everything and for the price it was acceptable.

Room Tip: Mostly old and fairly clean. Don't expect the Ritz just a bed and bath. They do not even have aa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

First off, the hotel isn't the Hilton.
For a pet friendly hotel/motel with very inexpensive rates, it was just fine.
I needed an affordable overnight stay. I had been on the road for 10 hours, and my puppy was getting restless, and I needed a break.
I would not spend a week here, but it was comfortable for a short stay

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I am not even sure where to begin. We recently booked this motel through Booking.com. We were going to spend 4 nights at Daytona Beach with our 3 year old for a end of summer get away. It began when we checked in. The second you open the door to the office the odor overwhelms you. A completed communication barrier with the girl at the front desk not to mention absolutely the rudiest human being I have ever encountered. We paid in cash and recieved NO reciept of payment. Beach front, yea right, we had an incredible view of the asphalt parking lot. No rooms are actually ocean front. We entered our room to a huge screw or bolt sticking out of the side of the door (really safe with the 3 year old). The odor in the room was sickening. The tile floor was absolutely filthyOur daughters feet were black after walking around for about 5 minutes on it. My husband killed what looked like a huge flying spider in the bathroom. The electrical outlets either did not work or were visually falling out of the wall (again real safe for a 3 year old). The pool was filthy, full of sand. I tried to give our 3 year old a bath and there was no stopper for the bathtub, so we had to stuff 1 of the 2 washcloths they gave us in the bathtub in order to bath her. We were provided 2 small (almost like hand size) towel and 2 washclothes. As I dried our daughter off she had at least 7-10 long black hairs on her body. That was it. I contacted Booking.com explained our situation. She contacted Mike Patel the owner and we were told to meet him at the front office and he would give us a FULL refund for the 4 nights we had already paid for (with NO receipt they provided us). On Tuesday night at 9:45 pm, we did as we were told and he told us the money was locked up for the night and to come back tomorrow at 10 am. This went on for 4 days, we returned 8 different times to speak with Mike Patel and everytime we did the person at the desk rudely told us "He is not here." Imagine going to this place 8 different times during what was suppose to be a vacation.
Once we arrived home, I again contacted Booking.com advised them of the situation. They again contacted Mr. Patel and put me in contact with him one to one. (Because Mr. Patel did not want me to file a formal complaint with Booking.com) He advised me I would recieve a refund in the mail by a check. As I guessed, we only recieved a refund for 3 nights, not for 4 nights as he had advised Booking.com.
This was an absolute joke. Please, take my advise do not waste your hard earned money and time and go through what our family went through. I have seen better kept and much cleaner dog pounds.

Room Tip: Don not choose this place!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tyra K
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Was in town for an event and found this hotel within 5 miles of my destination. It's inland, not on the main drag, surrounded by other older hotels. It is a single-story, older hotel. No restaurant on site. Exterior not much to look at. Large grassy area in center of parking lot was probably once home to a swimming pool. Could use some sprucing up (weeds, old wooden chairs outside rooms). Inside surprisingly clean. My room had a king-sized bed with a loveseat sleeper. There was a desk & chair, microwave, and refrigerator. The fridge was not cold enough (condensation inside) so I had to drop temp and wait for my soda to chill. No ice bucket & no ice machine in site although I did notice a soda vending machine across the way. The closet had a luggage rack. There were NO hangers provided, just a hook on the door to hang your jacket. The bathroom was small with no counter space. No shampoo provided. Not sure if this was an oversight. Manager provided a sample when I requested it. The tv was older, 19"? The power button was broken but worked via remote. There was a good selection of channels although reception was just OK depending on channel. Quiet enough, did not hear neighbors talking, tv, or shower...just a brief period of someone crashing into furniture. Some traffic sounds but dulled by the hum of the A/C and my white noise machine. No frills, but a comfortable night's sleep if you're not planning your stay around the beach.

Room Tip: Watch your step. There's a drop going in & out of rooms & office.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Not luxurious, but very clean and comfortable. I had one small problem with a lamp that was fixed immediately. The woman at the front desk was extremely helpful when I checked in. Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank gordon61
Reviewed 9 March 2012

WORST Experience of my life! Hotel did not have my reservation. Had to threaten legal action to get a room that was the grossest place I've ever slept in!! Requested 2 beds only got 1. Not my fault your hotel messed up!!! Front desk clerk RUDE and a liar. AC didn't work. No hot water! No Carpet! Bugs on the floor! GROSS place!! Had reservation for 3 days only lasted 1 because it was so gross! I'd like to be refunded for the 2 days I did not use! Again.. NOT my fault that your system screwed up! I was almost out on the street in Daytona!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends