“Disgusting”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 21 October 2015

This is the quintessential roach motel. Dirty, poorly maintained and expensive for what you receive. Stay away. The manager/owner is a shyster who adds $2.00 "credit charge" and provides no receipts. There are plenty of roaches if you want to see the "wildlife". This property should be banned from any reservation listing service. The Wifi is slow to non existent

Room Tip: Book a reservation elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank rudy b

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Looking at the online pics...this seemed like a great deal. At first glance it seemed an ok place to stay. But it was very outdated. Room was "semi-clean" looking. But when I opened the drawer...saw dead cockroaches...& cockroach skins on the bathroom floor & on top of the handles of the fridge! We had to sleep with the lights on..because of the roaches.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2015

I booked a 2 night double bed room at 3105 S Ridgewood ave America's best value inn Daytona beach south ,it was a horrible stay for me and my children. I couldn't even sleep because I'm getting bit up by bedbugs in a room the front desk said that was a new room? to top it off after i reported it to the front desk the front clerk tried to say I didn't know what I was talking about and, I know when something is biting me. I showed her pictures of the bugs and the bites I wouldn't suggest anybody to come here.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Carla N
Reviewed 24 February 2015

I asked if there was a beach nearby, lady said there was a "river out back". Roaches do exsist at this hotel. Bathroom looked new but that was it. Our taxi driver said this area is full of crime and prostitutes and not to walk around at night, lady in office assured me it was not. Random people knocking on our door all night. Police sirens all night. WiFi doesn't work. Ac doesnt work. No coffee maker. Room had 2 plastic cups and 2 towels. Basically nothing in it. No ash trays in smoking room. Door looked as though it had been broken into multiple times. The "breakfast" the website shows is a 3foot counter in office covered in paperwork. Beach is 15 mins away. Did not feel safe or comfortable here. Paid for 5 days. I would not reccommend this hotel unless u had no other option. Definetly leaving in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank Maisha T
Reviewed 6 January 2015

Not really special, it does what is should do for low costs: give you a space to sleep at night. Not much to do on walk distance, only a few restaurants. Rooms are not small, good enough for 2 persons. Everything was relative clean, except one bed-sheet. As we had two 2-person beds available it was not a problem for us. Good internet (Wifi Bad, cable very good). Enough parking space. Good value for your money. Would stay here next time when we visiting Daytona Beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmathijssen
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

When we checked into our non smoking room, it seemed adequate, but the bathroom lights didn't turn on. After a little maintenance, they still didn't work so we were moved next door where they also didn't work...which was a smoking room. They finally figured out it was a problem with the breaker...in both rooms...but we were not moved back to the non smoking room. On top of the stench, the bathtub didn't drain properly, so we were standing in dirty water for most of our shower, there was literally blood spots on our pillow cases which didn't get changed when they cleaned the room the following day, and we had to go to the office to have our card reset several times because it didn't work upon returning to our room from going to breakfast or dinner. I really wanted to like this place. But I didn't.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

They screwed the reservation up from the get go. I had changed my reservation 4 days prior to my check-in date. But when we checked in they charged us for the old reservation (3 days) and we changed to (2 days) Noticed it when I was signing the credit card slip. So they had to redo everything. First thing we noticed was a sign above the desk that says no refunds. Thought that was kind of odd. Then after 20 minutes they give us our room key and we drive over to the room, noticing that there were a lot of unsavory looking people in the parking (coming and going) Open the door to the room and there are clothes laying on the bed, shoes under the desk and a suitcase in the closet (which was standing open). Went back to office and they were like "Oh yeah, the guy there left for the week-end and paid for the room and ask us to hold it for him, we will put you in a different room. We go to that room (still alot of unsavory people milling around the parking lot all driving very fancy cars. We go in, turn on the lights which were very dim, everything was old and the bathroom had been remolded part way. New stone tile around tub which was still old. Old outdated faucets on the tub and sink, pink tile above the sink which I haven't seen since the 1950's I pulled up the spread on the bed to look at the sheets and there were some kind of spots or stains on the sheets. That along with all the activity in the parking lot made us feel very unsafe. We walked straight out to our car got in it and drove to another hotel. We had driven allllllll day, were very tired and I didn't want to argue with them about getting my money back when they had a big sign above the desk saying no refunds. I figured we would be given the run around anyway. All in all you get what you pay for. and I have learned a very valuable lesson. Spend a little more for comfort and safety and never, never, never check-in to a hotel that has a sign that say NO REFUNDS!

Room Tip: My Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family