“Horrible.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 12 August 2016

the place is dirty. Owner is nasty. Don"t book here. Picture are not what you get. Holes in walls. Mold on bed. Horrible. Would not let my dog stay there. Don't use hotel.com. no paperwork back. mattress outside.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reneem2520

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Wonderful customer service. The owner is awesome ! Rooms are clean. Stayed here with my wife for four days and we are happy. Everything was perfect ! Price is great. We are glad we found this motel.
Thank you so much !

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Pictures on website are not accurate. Bathroom window held shut with a piece of wood. Hot water handle busted off in sink. Had emergency and had to leave, Manager stated that she credited my credit card $204.84. Gave receipt but money never showed up. Charged 63.00 in miscellaneous fees. One night stay at $59.00 a night cost me 122.89 and she still was screaming at me she wanted 20.00 more. Refused to give me the money back and told me I was stupid. Stay away from this place. My husband is a disabled veteran and we came to Daytona Beach for him to get treatment at the VA Clinic in the area. Still fighting with their corporate people for my money back. Place smells, refrigerator nasty, no phone in room, floors filthy, beds very dirty linen and blankets. Took pictures of the real type of room this place has.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank snider63
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Our stay was absolutely terrible, place is very unprofessional. No receipt or paperwork for anything. The owner/manager STOLE money from us, was no where to be found, would not cooperate at all, threatened to charge us more money then claimed we were in the wrong. Working with corporate to get things settled. Multiple roaches in the rooms, mold and dirt every where. Bathroom was disgusting, the worst I've ever seen. Do NOT stay here.

Stayed: March 2016
3  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 4 February 2016

I stayed here in late January, 2015, as it is located right across the street from a golf course I wanted to play. It is in a string of about 6 1950's motels that were once adequate, but are now quite faded.

Plus: Very low price ($39). Strong wifi. Clean. Park right at door. Near golf course. All on one level. The owners are right there paying attention, so security feels good.

Minus: No coffee maker or even coffee in the office. Obviously no breakfast. On busy highway at stop light, so in/out may be difficult. Decorations are dated could use attention.

Bottom line: Just fine for a guy traveling alone. But if you have the wife or girlfriend along, better go to a nearby fancier place.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2015

In all of my travels, I have never stayed in a place that was so bad. No amenities whatsoever. The soap dispensers were empty, there was no hair dryer, no coffee maker, nothing.... When we first arrived we were put into the worst room ever. We didn't even go in. (Is this because we booked on-line?). The manager disappeared and we more or less bullied the girl at the desk to change our room because the first one smelled of mold and cigarette smoke so badly my asthma was kicking up. The second room was better but when I stepped into the shower the next morning I saw how dirty the floor was because the bottom of the tub was black from my feet. They have lots of nerve calling themselves Americas Best Value Inn. I have stayed in a few of them and they have always been very good... I will hesitate to stay in another one now.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvette10
Reviewed 21 October 2015

This is the quintessential roach motel. Dirty, poorly maintained and expensive for what you receive. Stay away. The manager/owner is a shyster who adds $2.00 "credit charge" and provides no receipts. There are plenty of roaches if you want to see the "wildlife". This property should be banned from any reservation listing service. The Wifi is slow to non existent

Room Tip: Book a reservation elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo