“Good Ole Diner Classics”
Review of Debary Diner

Debary Diner
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in DeBary
Reviewed July 10, 2017

If you like going to an old fashioned diner for a pretty good selection of dishes, then this place would suite you. They make a great cup of coffee and the staff is friendly and delivered good service. A great place for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

I have been to this diner several times. It has never been a place to rave on, but the coffee has been hot and the food and service acceptable - a fair breakfast from time to time. Until today. Today we stopped in for breakfast. The restaurant was busy, but there were a few open tables and we sat down at one. Then we waited. And waited. Over 5 minutes passed and, despite the fact that different waitresses passed us at least 6 times, no one acknowledged we were even there. Not a "good morning", not a "be right with you"... nothing. In fact, it actually seemed like the waitresses were trying to avoid making eye contact. I get a busy morning and wanted to give these folks the benefit of the doubt. I also wanted a cup of coffee. I asked hubs how much longer we should wait to be acknowledged. We agreed on a few more minutes. When we had not been greeted several minutes, we decided to find coffee and eggs elsewhere. A simply greeting from any of the 3 waitresses that passed our table would likely have saved today's business and ensures a return. The lack of this most basic service ensures just the opposite. If you have all the time in the world and don't mind being ignored, you will surely enjoy an adequate meal. However, this type of experience is not for me and I will not choose to return.

Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to this restaurant and we were, once again, blown away by the fantastic food and service! It's good, diner food done right.

I enjoyed my Patty Melt which was cooked to perfection. My husband had the Chicken Fried Steak breakfast-huge portions but, oh, sooo good. He loved his smothered and covered home fries as well as his grilled biscuit. (Always ask for a grilled biscuit-they are the best!)

We will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

The town's traditional spot fir breakfast and lunch, the place sure has slipped from a few years ago. Food is not bad, and if you are lucky, you may actually get what you ordered. We were surprised by the long wait times -- a construction crew next to us was complaining about waiting more than 45 minutes for their order to be delivered. Took almost a half hour for the two of us. I ordered what was supposed to be fried fish with cole slaw with the idea I would share the fries that was supposed to come with her low-fat sirloin burger. I received fish with fries, never did get the slaw, and her "low fat" burger came with two slices of bacon and a slab of unmelted cheese, "That's how it's supposed to be," said our unpleasant waitress with a shrug. The tab came to $14.56, but the cashier tacked on an extra 50 cents because I was paying with a card under $15. Not again, thank you.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We frequently eat breakfast in this diner. Food is consistent in quality and taste. Service staff are very good but not today! We received our breakfast quickly and one was cold. It could not have been sitting on the window. I believe the cook was premaking food before orders were placed. The server never came back to the table to check on how our food was. This is not the food or quality we expect from this restaurant. They did write off the cold breakfast but they need to fix the problem.

Been to Debary Diner? Share your experiences!