“Fried Oysters”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on my way back from a weekend in Ormond Beach.

I found the restaurant to be clean and decorated nicely with an aquatic theme. The waitress was excellent with fast friendly service.

I started off with a bowl of Seafood Gumbo, good flavor with lots of shrimp! I had the fried oyster lunch plate, that came with one side of my choice and to hush puppies. Although I thought my portion of oysters was small for the money they were quite tasty. The steamed red potatoes that I chose for my side was actually one medium red potato cut in half, I was hoping for the small baby red potatoes but it still was good. I have never been a big fan of hush puppies but these were okay. The cocktail sauce was a little boring but I found the tartar sauce to be quite good.

Although a little pricey for the portion size, I would probably stop again and try something else.

Reviewed June 12, 2016

Stopped in today while traveling through town. Seated right away just before lunchtime. Waitress was very friendly and very attentive. I ordered the blackened Fish and fried shrimp combo with cole slaw as a side. The fish was ok.. had a little bit of a burnt taste to it and was a overdone. The cole slaw was pinkish - maybe sat out too long. The shrimp was good and crispy however I had a few pieces of okra and something else in the bottom of the bowl (obviously from the same fryer). Also had a bowl of clam chowder that was ok - plenty of clams but needed something to season it up a little. The owner did come out but didn't really say much - just asked how everything was then walked over to a table that obviously had return customers seated there to talk to. Anyway, all in all, not bad but nothing to write home about either. Maybe would pass and try something different next time we are in town.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Went there for lunch with 2 friends the fish shrimp sandwich was well over spiced salad bar was okay but 4.99 If you order a sandwich a little high for what they offer.
their fresh seafood should be down In the Ice more to keep It from drying out.
Owner and waitress were very friendly and waitress gave us good service.
My one friend ordered a hamburger It was somewhat dry the French fries were put In to cook before oil was up to right temp as they were very oily The shrimp on the salad bar were very good as was the chicken salad. Menu Is a little busy .

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Was looking for a place with some fresh fish for a little lunch time meal. Found this place on trip advisors. Good stuff. I will definitely stop in here again. Not a fancy place by any means but the food was fresh and the service was great. Good variety of options to choose from as well.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Been awhile since been there after owner change,good in begining,but
prices go up servings get smaller.used to go all the tim for fish sand wish.still good place to go eat food is good,???rate

Been to DeLand Fish House? Share your experiences!