“Great food, atmosphere ”

Emmy's Time Out Tavern
Ranked #4 of 192 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

We had six adults for dinner and I was excited to find a restaurant with German food. We were not disappointed with the red cabbage, snitzels and service. The staff was very friendly despite bustling along. The food was authentic German food and we loved it!

1  Thank Dennis L

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Food is always outstanding—German or otherwise, Emmy is there talking w customers making everyone feel welcome, staff is fantastic, cozy atmosphere .... can’t say enough good abt this restaurant. I’m positive you will leave there happy and full!!

Reviewed January 22, 2018

This place is just a little ways off the beaten path and not very attractive from outside but aren't those the places that seem to get it right, when it comes to food? The portion is plenty for two to share. My fiancé eats enough for the both of us and he and I made the mistake of ordering two dinner specials and I barely touched mine while he could only eat half of his. We had an entire dinner for the following day. Definitely make this a place to stop and grab a beer and dinner for yourself and maybe a significant other.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

This place is a dive. It's obviously popular with the local seniors who prefer overcooked vegetables and mushy food--and that's exactly what you'll get. Our waitress was lovely, as was the hostess. Emmy, herself, was overly familiar and made us uncomfortable. The bathroom, however, was the worst--tiny, airless, and filled with the smell of sewage. The small air freshener on the back of the toilet failed to mask the odor. It was awful. I'll never go back. If I want good German food, I'll go to The Willow Tree in Sanford, which is far superior in terms of quality, service, and ambience.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise to find an excellent German restaurant in Florida. The owners greet you as you enter and treat you like family, even the staff make your visit enjoyable. Best prime rib I have had in years and the German potato pancakes are to die for. Will be back soon. Thanks Emmy

Been to Emmy's Time Out Tavern? Share your experiences!