“Dang good steaks!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2018

We've ridden by this place several times and thought it looked interesting, but it was never open. Finally, bingo! It was a blast from the moment we walked in the door and were greeted by Emmy. We sat at the bar and had a very engaging bartender take care of us. Suggested two menu options, my wife ordered the Delmonico and I had the prime rib. They came with selection of salad and the bartender asked us which salad we preferred. When we couldn't make up our minds he said we need to try all three. They were all superb, I still would not favor one over the other. Mains came cooked to perfection, nice and rare. The bar crowd was entertaining and very friendly. The only issue I had was being charged a high price for jug wine and no bottle price. The cocktails looked like a very generous pour, that may be the way to go next time. Go visit Emmy! She is quite the character and very engaging.

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

We had six adults for dinner and I was excited to find a restaurant with German food. We were not disappointed with the red cabbage, snitzels and service. The staff was very friendly despite bustling along. The food was authentic German food and we loved it!

1  Thank Dennis L
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Food is always outstanding—German or otherwise, Emmy is there talking w customers making everyone feel welcome, staff is fantastic, cozy atmosphere .... can’t say enough good abt this restaurant. I’m positive you will leave there happy and full!!

Reviewed January 22, 2018

This place is just a little ways off the beaten path and not very attractive from outside but aren't those the places that seem to get it right, when it comes to food? The portion is plenty for two to share. My fiancé eats enough for the both of us and he and I made the mistake of ordering two dinner specials and I barely touched mine while he could only eat half of his. We had an entire dinner for the following day. Definitely make this a place to stop and grab a beer and dinner for yourself and maybe a significant other.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

This place is a dive. It's obviously popular with the local seniors who prefer overcooked vegetables and mushy food--and that's exactly what you'll get. Our waitress was lovely, as was the hostess. Emmy, herself, was overly familiar and made us uncomfortable. The bathroom, however, was the worst--tiny, airless, and filled with the smell of sewage. The small air freshener on the back of the toilet failed to mask the odor. It was awful. I'll never go back. If I want good German food, I'll go to The Willow Tree in Sanford, which is far superior in terms of quality, service, and ambience.

1  Thank Jane D

Been to Emmy's Time Out Tavern? Share your experiences!