“Stetson Mansion - WOW! Spectacular!”
Review of Stetson Mansion

Stetson Mansion
Ranked #1 of 81 things to do in DeLand
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stetson Mansion is a spectacular Victorian mansion built for famed hat maker and philanthropist John B Stetson in 1886. Situated right between Orlando and Daytona in DeLand makes it convenient for all visiting the central Florida area. This is Florida's first luxury estate and houses some of the most beautiful and intricate parquet floors in the world. The mansion is one of the first homes in the world to be designed and built with Edison electricity. The owners have painstakingly renovated every square inch of the 10,000 sq foot masterpiece while incorporating today's modern conveniences. All this was done without compromising the architectural or historical integrity. Every room on every one of the three floors is magnificently decorated and every room features a different style floor and window design There is Reservations are required $20-$30 per person and children are $15. Payment is cash at the door and we do charge applicable sales tax. See you at the Mansion!!
Reviewed November 23, 2017

This 1 1/2 hour walking tour can be a bit tiresome, however, there are plenty of places to sit as the guide tells a bit of history about the house along with describing the thought and attention to detail regarding each rooms decorations. The house itself is gorgeous with all the beautiful parquet floors and fabulous woodwork but then add JT’s brilliant imagination and gifted ability to lavishly showcase his home is simply breathtaking. Each room is decorated with a theme all the way down to the music as you stroll through the house. I can’t say enough about this gem located in central Florida other than it is WELL worth the trip. The little town of Deland has a quaint downtown with plenty of unique shops and restaurants making this possibly a weekend excursion.

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dawn after reading your review one of our guides said "I want to tour that place", I am so glad you enjoyed your Christmas tour. First of all thank you for starting off you Christmas season with us and secondly thank you for your very kind and flattering words, we are truly appreciative and continually humbled by our guests. DeLand is an awesome place for a weekend getaway and our West Volusia Tourism Bureau has a wonderful website detailing all our treasures. I would like to wish you and your family a Joyous Christmas and Healthy New Year!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,450)
All reviews
in 43 reviews
"zen garden"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2017

The Christmas decorations in this beautiful historical home are spectacular. Each room has a theme, with intricate attention to detail. Thanks to our tour guide Cindy, and to JT for stepping in for a few minutes to tell his story.

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Tracy your words are so appreciated and I along with the rest of the Stetson Mansion family thank you for your visit and 5 STAR rating. Cindy is a wonderful tour guide and I will be sure to share this review with her. Merry Chrstmas!!

Reviewed November 22, 2017

We visited the Stetson Mansion back in 2005 shortly after the current owners purchased it and not all of the renovations were complete. We decided to return this year to see the Christmas decorations and we're so glad we did. Each room is decorated with care and thought and such creativity. It really gets you into the holiday spirit which can be hard to do in Florida.
We were also very impressed with the extent of the restoration to the mansion since 2005--it is spectacular. The owners who actually live in the mansion truly did a magnificent job---what a dream to live there!
We plan to return after the holiday season to take the historical tour to learn more about the Stetson mansion and family. Sue was our tour guide --she was EXCELLENT--we're going to ask for her when we do the historical tour.

Thank you for returning to see the complete restoration and what better time to visit than at our 7th Annual Christmas Spectacular! Calling the Stetson Mansion home is still a bit surreal for me but the greatest privilege is being able to share it with so many guests from across the globe. I am reading your review on Thanksgiving day so I am reminded of just how much we have to be thankful for. Today and every day we are so very thankful for each visitor that walks through our front door and steps back 130 years into a time of Gilded Age beauty and history. Wishing you and all our guests a holiday season of joy and merriment with family and friends! See you at the Mansion!!

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I was burned out and in need of taking a hiatus to just stop and cherish the moment. I took a road trip with a friend with no agenda. In my travels, I found Stetson Mansion's Christmas Spectacular. The home is truly a labor of love. The tour is reflective of the deep sense of gratitude that JT has envisioned. He has given nod to cherished loved ones from the past, the true meaning of Christmas, and taken inspiration birthed from the destruction of hurricane Irma. The tour shares elements of both simplicity and complex ideas. It also has a balance of our past and present. I was quite moved by JT taking his time to greet us and share his appreciation and home. Thank you for the wonderful experience and I wish you all the best. I appreciate how your labor of love allowed me to be in the moment and cherish life. All my best.

Robin thank you for this beautiful and heartfelt review, I am so touched that we were able to provide that much needed escape and Christmas joy. The best part of the season for me is getting to meet and greet guests and thank them for sharing in the magic of the Stetson Mansion and the Christmas holiday, I am truly blessed. Wishing you and yours a season of peace, joy and unlimited possibilities!